Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

If they make it that far.
North Carolina state easier than Texas second round
But Tennessee/Stanford winner beats Texas
But a upset if Tennessee gets past Stanford
Looks to me like we would play South Carolina in the semifinals and Southern Cal not until the Finals, but of course this is all probably a pipe dream.

She's being realistic. Vic versus a coach who let the opponent make a perfect inbounds pass with 1.1 seconds left. Even though Vic lost his starting star point guard earlier in the season, he's got Texas as a #1 seed.
She is very fair in her assessments of tourney. Just jabbing a little at those that let ESPN live in their minds rent free..

I enjoyed listening to ESPN host multiple times pronouncing "Albany" with the first syllable rhyming with "pal."

Then, after finally being corrected on that score, coming up with "Holly Cross."

(At that point, the others just gave up).

Was so relieved to see that it wasn't Draya.

If Rickea Jackson doesn't have to play hero ball and rest of team contributes offensively. Then Tennessee has a shot at EE.

Spear has to show up just like she did in SEC tournament.
The same thing can be stated about men's team.
Someone besides Knecht has to supply the scoring to go far in tournament.

ONE about Emily her shot was bad at Tennesse.
She needed work on defense . Not sure did she get a late start playing basketball?
Think she needed minutes as do All players do to get better

Really glad to see Emily finishing strong as a fifth-year senior, although her Youngstown State team got really pounded in the Horizon tournament by our upcoming opponent.

Emily made a big leap this year, almost tripling her output from last season at YS.

This year in 32 games she averages 22 minutes, 11.7 pts, 6.9 rebounds, 2.3 blocks, and 1.1 assists. Shot 58% from the field.

Great to see her successful and happy in her final college season. Wonderful young lady; wish we could have seen her flourish here. Could have filled Tamari's shoes last year and this one and freed up other posts to play their more natural position.

Woke up and thought maybe I dreamed it. Finally we get to have nice things again. Of course NC st at home is tough but when you look at the alternatives, this is ideal.

LSU totally paying for cupcake preseason plus committee trying to make sure CC vs Angel happens again. Blunder can’t be thrilled either. Well deserved all.

Yo must be hot and kinda you can see how we could have been then and they could be us. But no way Dawn was having us in her region.

With this draw, there’s at least a chance of a decent run. Love the early game and the relatively easy first rounder since long layoffs seem to make us rusty.

Committees love a storyline out in the open across all brackets. Plus regional fan travel bias and once again, all hail Deer Park who was 100% correct
I have been dreaming about LV basketball, literally. 🙂

Really glad to see Emily finishing strong as a fifth-year senior, although her Youngstown State team got really pounded in the Horizon tournament by our upcoming opponent.

Emily made a big leap this year, almost tripling her output from last season at YS.

This year in 32 games she averages 22 minutes, 11.7 pts, 6.9 rebounds, 2.3 blocks, and 1.1 assists. Shot 58% from the field.

Great to see her successful and happy in her final college season. Wonderful young lady; wish we could have seen her flourish here. Could have filled Tamari's shoes last year and this one and freed up other posts to play their more natural position.
I left out her shot was not bad
Emily had a ggood shot
Her defense was What needed work
Think sander started playing basketball later than most.
Don't know how precollege history
Emily need minutes to improve Like all players

Last edited:

VN Store

Back