Ruby Whitehorn Highlights

I haven't seen touch passes done that accurately with such confidence in years here. Credit always also to the player receiving the pass, to have her defender shielded off. But in those highlights, with a teammate in the lane, Ruby knew exactly how to take her love to town.

Last edited:

OMG. She uses pump fakes well. I'm in love!

But seriously, I have been distressed for YEARS over our underuse of fakes of any kind, so I sure would to get someone in a Lady Vol uniform who could maybe play the role of pied piper to get others interested in working on making them a big part of their games.

And a nice Euro-step. *faint*

oh please oh please oh please!

She def gives me major Jordy vibes!!
Agree.
And, while I'm a bit queasy with this eggs-before-they-hatch approach, there's just so much to like here.
For instance, and while respecting the great Jordan Horston, Ruby Whitehorn's passing is cleaner. Nothing overdone or fancy; just deliver the ball for the better shot. And she looks to be a pass first player.
Love that!
Of course, they're called highlights for a reason, but she plays a complete game. Appears a reliable-enough three-level scorer, tenacious defender, balanced and brave in the paint; and again, despite her abundant skills and athleticism, she keeps it simple. Fingers crossed, here.

I haven't seen touch passes done that accurately with such confidence in years here. Credit always also to the player receiving the pass, to have her defender shielded off. But in those highlights, with a teammate in the lane, Ruby knew exactly how to take her love to town.
But Kenny Rogers told her not to.

Last edited:
Agree.
And, while I'm a bit queasy with this eggs-before-they-hatch approach, there's just so much to like here.
For instance, and while respecting the great Jordan Horston, Ruby Whitehorn's passing is cleaner. Nothing overdone or fancy; just deliver the ball for the better shot. And she looks to be a pass first player.
Love that!
Of course, they're called highlights for a reason, but she plays a complete game. Appears a reliable-enough three-level scorer, tenacious defender, balanced and brave in the paint; and again, despite her abundant skills and athleticism, she keeps it simple. Fingers crossed, here.
Highlights look solid. The assists to turnovers, 3PFG and FTs aren’t. Do you see her a SG?

Reactions: krichunaka

Fun fact:
I recognized the color commentator’s voice on some of the home game highlights.

For those of you who have been around the women’s game for a while, that’s Jim Davis.
He was Clemson’s head women’s coach for around 17-18 years. He’s the winningest basketball coach in Clemson history men or women. He won 2 ACC championships while he was there and Clemson was almost always ranked. Coach against a lot of greats (Kay Yow NC St., Sylvia Hatchell UNC, Gail G. Duke).
Won a JUCO National championship at Roane State in Harriman, TN.
Originally from Englewood, TN (between Knoxville and Chattanooga).

Really great guy and tremendous coach!

Something about counting your chicks b4 they hatch......no reason but teasing to post one who ain't in the roost at all and may never B

I'm a little worried about the Sam W connection to Miss St now in terms of Ruby. I'll bet Sam's been working on her for awhile, for the LVs of course. But has built a relationship. Hope next thing we hear is her LV signing, not another visit, like to Starkville.

Something about counting your chicks b4 they hatch......no reason but teasing to post one who ain't in the roost at all and may never B
I only posted this because some posters seemed to have never heard of her and this was an attempt at helping with that. Plus the possibilities are awesome. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back