What are your thoughts on Aidoo probably going to Arkansas?

Good luck Jonas! Thanks for being a Vol! Maybe Calipari can convince you that you are not a jump shooter.

Adieu Aidoo, he'll make more money in 9 months in Fayetteville than he will in that first year contract in the Turkish Airline EuroLeague, playing for some bottom feeder in an inconsequential professional basketball league in which most 4 and 5s are beasts that carry tractor motors up and down the arena aisles for exercise and the type of players Aidoo vanished against time after time after time,

I have no bad feelings for JA….but CLEARLY his last two games here magnified a glaring massive deficit in his game. Can he recover at Arkansas enough to be an effective scorer? Maybe. But the total meltdown we witnessed will certainly have to be dealt with at some point IMHO. I’m just not sure what he needs can ever be instilled in his game.

Man it’s so crazy to read through this and see how many people just don’t get it. This isn’t some slam dunk lottery pick. This is a guy who has 1 more year to get something guaranteed $$$ wise. After that there’s no telling how long or financially productive his career will be. Am I a vol fan 1st and foremost? 100%. But if my kid was in Jonas’s position would I tell him to make as much as he can while he can? 1000%. This is an entertainment business and the actual entertainment is getting paid now.

Y’all are telling me that you’re turning down a huge raise because you’re so loyal to the company that 1st hired you? Come on now…

The consensus was that Aidoo was pedestrian when we faced a team with a dominant big, and that’s fair, but he was still first team all-SEC. So we go our way with Estrella and Okpara and Milicic next year, and we see whether that’s an improvement. And Aidoo goes his way and Cal gets someone he desperately needs to balance out his one-and-dones. He’s a really nice get for the hogs and it’ll be weird seeing him in red, but if we’re serious in our conviction that he wasn’t the solution in the post in our biggest games, then this is a win for everyone right?

Second team all-SEC and all-defensive team.

Man it’s so crazy to read through this and see how many people just don’t get it. This isn’t some slam dunk lottery pick. This is a guy who has 1 more year to get something guaranteed $$$ wise. After that there’s no telling how long or financially productive his career will be. Am I a vol fan 1st and foremost? 100%. But if my kid was in Jonas’s position would I tell him to make as much as he can while he can? 1000%. This is an entertainment business and the actual entertainment is getting paid now.

Y’all are telling me that you’re turning down a huge raise because you’re so loyal to the company that 1st hired you? Come on now…
Most loyal individuals I've ever came across to their first job.

Reactions: gainesvol82
JA scored a lot of pick and rolls with ZZZ and Barnes ran offensive sets to get him shots in the post. Calipari tends to run a guard dominated offense. My bet is JA scores less next season than he did this season.

Reactions: tev.sm
Now with the seafood coach....Calimari.....Bud Walton Arena will never be the same Walmart shoppers...

Imo, a very bad look for him.

I think he should do what is best for him and Arky is a good landing spot under Cal who is getting plenty of money for NIL.

Aidoo is maximizing his college value because he is likely not an NBA player unless he develops a legit 3 point game. Jonas stays at a high competition level and doesn't have to go completely across the country to do so.

Good move for him and why should he care what UT fans think? Half the people on here dogged him as a failure when he had a very good season.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back