Next years class for Barnes.

So you have no inside information concerning these players. There’s been no articles written indicating any of the 3 are likely gone. And the one proven insider on this forum has stated he’s heard nothing about any of the 3 leaving.

But, you have a feeling or suspicions they will leave such that you should start a new thread on this topic?
It’s mostly based on Jefferson and Dillione perpetually being in the doghouse according to beat writers over their time here. That’s all I can see that’d give them reason to leave. But BHH had no reason to leave and still did- to a far worse school. Sometimes kids have bad advice or people in their ear telling them things that aren’t true. You never know. I’d be more surprised if there wasn’t a transfer out because that’s just the nature of the beast these days.

It’s mostly based on Jefferson and Dillione perpetually being in the doghouse according to beat writers over their time here. That’s all I can see that’d give them reason to leave. But BHH had no reason to leave and still did- to a far worse school. Sometimes kids have bad advice or people in their ear telling them things that aren’t true. You never know. I’d be more surprised if there wasn’t a transfer out because that’s just the nature of the beast these days.
I question your use of 'doghouse' in this context. It implies something which is not true!
Not meeting team standards, prevents playing time. That is good for the team and good for the players. It's spelled 'accountability!'
Some of the players chaff under Barnes strict accountability model. If they leave, that is fine. I wish them well. People are allowed to listen to anyone, including the devil himself.
Everyone has the right to "Choose poorly."
Let's be crystal clear, I am not judging staying or leaving ... as a good or bad choice.

Barnes said Freddie was inconsistent in practice and that's why he doesn't play. I don't really call that the doghouse. He also said the other younger guys not playing had consistency problems.

I truly believe that had BHH stayed he would be a first round pick. Even as a freshman, he had great footwork, soft hands and nice touch to go along with great size. He might still be a first rounder, I’m not sure on that, but I have no doubt he would’ve been with the help of Barnes and staff.

Reactions: knox73
Yeah, a feeling, as in an opinion. Key terms were “a feeling” , “I think”, “maybe” due to the playing time situation this year and neither getting as much as expected . Jefferson getting little at all. Where did I claim I had inside information? When did I start a thread? What are you talking about? Go off though.
Weird hill to die on imo.

Nothing wrong with posting about your gut feeling, but this particular back and forth has played out A TON of times already. That’s why people are biting your head off.

Reactions: Vawlz
I really wish UT could have got Cam Scott out of my area. He would be perfect to step into DK's place. The Vols were in his top 5, but he picked the fake UT instead.

Aidoo needs a lot of space to make plays. Take away his space and he is a turnover machine. 20 more lbs and a lot more hand strength before he is ready.
See a lot of people taking shots at Aidoo so I'll go ahead and say it. Dilione has never really flashed to me and I honestly don't think the kid is that good. Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't back. Even with Santi a no show he can't find more minutes.

For next year I'm most excited to see Carr.

Weird hill to die on imo.

Nothing wrong with posting about your gut feeling, but this particular back and forth has played out A TON of times already. That’s why people are biting your head off.
Let them bite my head off. That’s fine. What gets me is them saying I said things I didn’t say. Like the goof saying I started the thread or claimed to know anything. You think that me clearing up people twisting my words is a weird hill to die on? (Be been looking on a new weird hill to die on ever since they redid Ebenezer road) The feeling I was alluding to was team trying to poach Aidoo, which I explained. Speculation about the other two is just that, speculation. No worse than people sharing about his alleged bad standing in the classroom. That’s a lot more low rent than thinking a guy may go for more PT. The very essence of a “feeling” is just that. Means nothing. Homeboy thinks he’s insulting me because I don’t spend every waking hour on a basketball forum? Thats cool. I’ll die on many weird hills, and will post many dumb things. Im capable of so much more. You won’t have to worry about it on 4 weeks because Im just a “drive by poster”.

Last edited:
I truly believe that had BHH stayed he would be a first round pick. Even as a freshman, he had great footwork, soft hands and nice touch to go along with great size. He might still be a first rounder, I’m not sure on that, but I have no doubt he would’ve been with the help of Barnes and staff.

Yes, he and his family made a stupid decision--the usual, "our son is a 5 star and he's not being treated right" BS. I think he's been a key player for Louisville this year, and the guy has loads of potential.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Someone always transfers. Not sure this year will be different. Even if everyone stays, the roster only has two proven starters. Barnes and staff have a lot of work to do. We need to be very realistic with expectations.

Reactions: Frozevol
Yes, he and his family made a stupid decision--the usual, "our son is a 5 star and he's not being treated right" BS. I think he's been a key player for Louisville this year, and the guy has loads of potential.
Well he can transfer back after they fire the coach next week...

Bishop Boswell, and I’m sure we get a couple transfers, because I think Jefferson and maybe Dillione leave. I have a weird feeling Aidoo may get poached. Teams tried last year. I hope I’m wrong.
Doesn’t make sense for Aidoo to start all over. Last year would have made more sense. But with his increased importance and level of play this year, he goes nowhere.

I’m not exactly sure how Aidoo will improve more under a different coach unless he’s money hungry.

He should stay and keep improving.

See a lot of people taking shots at Aidoo so I'll go ahead and say it. Dilione has never really flashed to me and I honestly don't think the kid is that good. Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't back. Even with Santi a no show he can't find more minutes.

For next year I'm most excited to see Carr.
Yeah I am with you about Carr. He has some serious hops and appears to be aggressive on both ends of the floor when he has had minutes. I expect him to put up some good stats next year.

I can't find the article now, but it basically alluded to the fact the Barnes will likely be very picky and focused on who he will take in the transfer portal for next season. We do lose a lot of talent but also have some nice pieces coming back. Article said he will be looking for a scoring big guard or small forward likely. No telling who is looking for greener pastures next year but UT is in a great place to get their pick imo. Likely a name no one has thought of. Who had Knecht on their radar at this time last year?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back