4⭐️ Bishop Boswell commits to Tennessee

Boswell is a 6-foot-4 combo guard best known for his ability to drive to the basket. Since he stopped playing football after his 2021 season at South Mecklenburg, he feels he’s developed more skill handling the ball and reading the game as a point guard. His head coach, Scott Taylor, has noticed him starting to consistently make catch-and-shoot 3-pointers, getting better at identifying ball screens to step behind them and then knock down the shots. Taylor also notices him becoming a better rebounder, which helps him play both on and off the ball in transition.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article279615544.html

It wasn't until last summer that he began focusing solely on basketball. "Last year was the first he was able to dive in and be a basketball kid and spend a ton of time on understanding how to change pace, and read second and third defenders, and figure out when and where to get his shot off, and how to use his speed," Taylor said. "So he’s continued to improve in those areas. He’s going to make open shots. I think he’s going to be a really good college shooter when he gets within a system he gets comfortable with.

“But they’re also going to get a guy that is going to be able to make some plays. He’s going to be hard to keep in front. He’s really tough to stop when he gets downhill. I think he’s going to bring a nice, explosive dynamic to the backcourt there.”

Coach: Tennessee basketball getting 'physically-gifted' athlete in Boswell

2023 EYBL stats: Bishop Boswell - 2023 Elite Youth Session

Boswell is a 6-foot-4 combo guard best known for his ability to drive to the basket. Since he stopped playing football after his 2021 season at South Mecklenburg, he feels he’s developed more skill handling the ball and reading the game as a point guard. His head coach, Scott Taylor, has noticed him starting to consistently make catch-and-shoot 3-pointers, getting better at identifying ball screens to step behind them and then knock down the shots. Taylor also notices him becoming a better rebounder, which helps him play both on and off the ball in transition.

It wasn't until last summer that he began focusing solely on basketball. "Last year was the first he was able to dive in and be a basketball kid and spend a ton of time on understanding how to change pace, and read second and third defenders, and figure out when and where to get his shot off, and how to use his speed," Taylor said. "So he’s continued to improve in those areas. He’s going to make open shots. I think he’s going to be a really good college shooter when he gets within a system he gets comfortable with.

“But they’re also going to get a guy that is going to be able to make some plays. He’s going to be hard to keep in front. He’s really tough to stop when he gets downhill. I think he’s going to bring a nice, explosive dynamic to the backcourt there.”

First sentence had me sold

VN Store

Back