Big 12 Commissioner unhappy with media payout

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
I mean, that's what happens when you turn into a super G5 conference. What did he think was going to happen with the TV money when the two biggest schools left for greener pastures?

The B1G destroyed the Pac-12 and the SEC destroyed the Big XII. All other conferences are just G8 at this point, ACC included.

Whenever the best program in your conference is Utah then you don’t have much to go on. Just be happy that you are still invited to the dance.

I still think they need to create a partnership with the ACC somehow. you get Notre Dame in there somehow and you have a viable set up.

Reactions: Bret178
I still think they need to create a partnership with the ACC somehow. you get Notre Dame in there somehow and you have a viable set up.
Notre Dame will go to their Waterloo insisting on remaining independent. Only possibility of swaying them from their belief that they’re a P5 conference unto themselves is if NBC tires of subsidizing that fallacy.

Notre Dame will fight tooth and nail to remain independent. If they are forced to join a conference they would join the Big 10. Now that USC is in that conference it makes even more sense for them to join there.

Notre Dame will fight tooth and nail to remain independent. If they are forced to join a conference they would join the Big 10. Now that USC is in that conference it makes even more sense for them to join there.
he did say 'partnership'...that wasn't necessarily a full-blown invite.

Reactions: Bret178
If I could force Notre Dame to join a conference it'd be one made up of the biggest eastern private universities. Baylor, Boston College, Duke, Liberty, Miami, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Tulane, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest. Maybe throw in a couple hoops schools like Georgetown and Villanova. It hits all kinds of TV markets too. You have to think those guys are going to wind up playing by a different set of rules than everyone else after we're done blowing up the entire world of collegiate athletics.

If I could force Notre Dame to join a conference it'd be one made up of the biggest eastern private universities. Baylor, Boston College, Duke, Liberty, Miami, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Tulane, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest. Maybe throw in a couple hoops schools like Georgetown and Villanova. It hits all kinds of TV markets too. You have to think those guys are going to wind up playing by a different set of rules than everyone else after we're done blowing up the entire world of collegiate athletics.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Notre Dame just floundering away because they think so highly of themselves. They had plenty of opportunities to join a conference in football and it would be funny to see them get left out. I know that is a pipe dream but would be great to see.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Notre Dame just floundering away because they think so highly of themselves. They had plenty of opportunities to join a conference in football and it would be funny to see them get left out. I know that is a pipe dream but would be great to see.
It really would. You guys missed the boat, go play with all the Jesuit schools.

VN Store

Back