Coach Prime

Deion is starting to get a bad reputation among even recruits now. He shows clear favoritism towards his sons and Hunter while putting down the kids that aren’t starting caliber. For a guy that won Super Bowls you would think he would put an emphasis on the entire team because that is what wins you championships at the end of the day. There is a reason kids are transferring out once they see the real Deion. A 56 year old getting into an online spat with a kid that is over 30 years younger than you is pretty darn embarrassing. But he is too egotistical to acknowledge that. He is about to crash and burn imo.
Wait until Colorado gets blasted by NDSU and see how things go. I predict NDSU wins by 30.

The thing about Deion's style/persona is that it only works to any degree if he's winning. It's only cool if he's winning. If you act like that then go out and get your brains beaten in, it's much worse than just having your brains beaten in.

If he isn't winning, he has nothing to fall back on as far a marketing pitch. He openly states that he isn't about a lot of the stereotypical things that college coaches will say they are about (building a culture, relationships with players, etc.).

The thing about Deion's style/persona is that it only works to any degree if he's winning. It's only cool if he's winning. If you act like that then go out and get your brains beaten in, it's much worse than just having your brains beaten in.

If he isn't winning, he has nothing to fall back on as far a marketing pitch. He openly states that he isn't about a lot of the stereotypical things that college coaches will say they are about (building a culture, relationships with players, etc.).
I think Deion is just trying to be true to what has made him successful throughout career as a player and at JSU. It seems like he has probably underestimated what the recruiting response has been to his approach. IMO, his problem has been that he’s made it about himself too much, because he’s Coach Prime. Hell it’s written on his shirts and jackets. I bolded the part that I did bc it reminded me of the pregame against Oregon. Colorado players were talking cash $hit to Oregon during warmups . Calling them names, mocking their athleticism, trying to mess up the logo and they got their ass handed to them. Deion has to shut that kind of stuff down until they at least start beating some quality teams

I think Deion is just trying to be true to what has made him successful throughout career as a player and at JSU. It seems like he has probably underestimated what the recruiting response has been to his approach. IMO, his problem has been that he’s made it about himself too much, because he’s Coach Prime. Hell it’s written on his shirts and jackets. I bolded the part that I did bc it reminded me of the pregame against Oregon. Colorado players were talking cash $hit to Oregon during warmups . Calling them names, mocking their athleticism, trying to mess up the logo and they got their ass handed to them. Deion has to shut that kind of stuff down until they at least start beating some quality teams

So in other words...... they were acting just like Deion would act.

This was my favorite violation

“Last August, a strength and conditioning intern for Colorado conducted a yoga session with the football team that lasted 30 minutes, per the report from USA Today. However, the intern was not one of the five declared strength and conditioning coaches on staff at Colorado. It was determined that Colorado had an extra strength and conditioning coach due to the yoga session.”

I would be interested to see who this intern was.
A lot of people have no idea how hard it is to stay completely in compliance with the NCAA. There are an insane amount of rules and new ones are added or changed yearly....sometimes midseason. Its is like property inspectors or health inspectors. If they want to ding you for something they will because its impossible to not break some rule if they look hard enough. If you hear Minor violation get ready for the chucklebus... because its gonna be a doozy that defies common sense.

Yes, if you are a high-profile coach who is polarizing they will find something on you even if something is really nothing. it is what it is. They put all kinds of crazy stuff in the headline knowing 90% of people won't read the details and use context.. omfg Coach Primes Instagram account (that's 99% of the time likely controlled by an intern) post this or that. Yes its his responsibility to some extent but you also have to realize there is a lot going on.. there is a reason Saban retired this is a big part.

A lot of people have no idea how hard it is to stay completely in compliance with the NCAA. There are an insane amount of rules and new ones are added or changed yearly....sometimes midseason. Its is like property inspectors or health inspectors. If they want to ding you for something they will because its impossible to not break some rule if they look hard enough. If you hear Minor violation get ready for the chucklebus... because its gonna be a doozy that defies common sense.

Yes, if you are a high-profile coach who is polarizing they will find something on you even if something is really nothing. it is what it is. They put all kinds of crazy stuff in the headline knowing 90% of people won't read the details and use context.. omfg Coach Primes Instagram account (that's 99% of the time likely controlled by an intern) post this or that. Yes its his responsibility to some extent but you also have to realize there is a lot going on.. there is a reason Saban retired this is a big part.
I agree that it has to be very difficult to stay within the rules bc there are so many off the wall ones. I was honestly more interested in who the yoga instructor might’ve been bc it had potential.

VN Store

Back