Coach Prime

One of our assistants committed a Level III violation by communicating with a high school coach about a player at another SEC program that wasn't yet in the NCAA transfer portal. His punishment was that he couldn't recruit for like 2 weeks.

Kirby's had a few also. All coaches and staffs have violations, I'm sure Coach Sander's violations are no where near Cornbreads antics that he had while our coach.
It’s only news because of who the coach is. I remember in Kiffin’s first offseason here when the national media were making a big deal of the six secondary violations that happened in his first few months. At the same time, South Carolina self-reported 14 secondary violations, and it hardly made news.

This was my favorite violation

“Last August, a strength and conditioning intern for Colorado conducted a yoga session with the football team that lasted 30 minutes, per the report from USA Today. However, the intern was not one of the five declared strength and conditioning coaches on staff at Colorado. It was determined that Colorado had an extra strength and conditioning coach due to the yoga session.”

I would be interested to see who this intern was.
Steven Seagal.

“Last August, a strength and conditioning intern for Colorado conducted a yoga session with the football team that lasted 30 minutes, per the report from USA Today. However, the intern was not one of the five declared strength and conditioning coaches on staff at Colorado. It was determined that Colorado had an extra strength and conditioning coach due to the yoga session.”

I bet she's hideous.

It’s only news because of who the coach is. I remember in Kiffin’s first offseason here when the national media were making a big deal of the six secondary violations that happened in his first few months. At the same time, South Carolina self-reported 14 secondary violations, and it hardly made news.
Because Kiffin was to college football then, what Jim Harbaugh is to college football now-an ass who doubles down on being an ass. And I don’t rule out his exit turning out like Jim’s. Running from the consequences of being an ass.

If having yoga is criminal, only criminals will have yoga.

Reactions: ptcarter
Does the NCAA still have progress ( x hours toward degree to continue participation) rules for eligibility? Seems like I never hear of a player ineligible for bowl games because they didn’t pass enough hours
Maybe with the NIL $$ the "student athletes" aren't out robbing convenience stores for dinner money and spending the time in the classrooms. Or not, just a thought. :cool:

I remember John Elway making these same noises during the 1983 draft.
He told the dreadful Colts (1st pick) he would not play for them, and wanted to play for a warm weather team.
Elway wasn't saying it in interviews or news conferences, that I remember. I think I read about it in Sports Illustrated at the time. He also told the Colts he would play for the Yankees farm system if they drafted him. The Colts traded.
He was also a college player and not a college coach.

He did have a press conference moments before the draft when it became clear the Colts weren't taking the hint and planned to draft him anyway, because they couldn't close a trade. The Colts owner flipped and personally negotiated a trade with Denver. West Coast enough, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back