Has Dabo lost it?

Dabo needed to give half his check to Dools, Botch, and Pruitt.

Tennessee ADs had not been walking around with their thumbs up their butts for 15 years Clemson would have never started getting that much talent again and Dabo would have been gone by year 4-5. They are well on their way back to being a middle of the road ACC team by this point anyway-and that's been about where they have historically lived

Reactions: VolTull
Dabo needed to give half his check to Dools, Botch, and Pruitt.

Tennessee ADs had not been walking around with their thumbs up their butts for 15 years Clemson would have never started getting that much talent again and Dabo would have been gone by year 4-5. They are well on their way back to being a middle of the road ACC team by this point anyway-and that's been about where they have historically lived

Well they need to give half their checks to FSU and Miami as well since both programs sucking also helped Clemson rise. Basically took their competition out of the ACC. Miami hasn't been anything since 2003 or something. Virginia Tech also fell off the map and never recovered.

Well they need to give half their checks to FSU and Miami as well since both programs sucking also helped Clemson rise. Basically took their competition out of the ACC. Miami hasn't been anything since 2003 or something. Virginia Tech also fell off the map and never recovered.

All very true, but look at where an alarming number of our big dog recruits came from in our 90s-early noughts run-SC. We walked into their backyard, took who we wanted- and went to dizzying heights as a result.

We fell off, hired a string of coaches who weren't even smart enough for the short bus-boom Clemson rules the world again.

I fully agree, FsU/Miami/VT falling off didn't help the situation-the Tigers could have used better ACC competition on the field. They still would have gotten those recruits which were by birthright and history-ours.

2021 rolls around, new sheriffs in Heupel and D White are in place who actually have a clue-Clemsons run slows noticeably. A year later, we thrash them on the field.

Do not underestimate how our downfall benefited Clemson. The inverse is also historically true over the last 40 years- when UT is very good-Clemson sucks.

It's all a zero sum game man.

I think the TLDR is did dabo ever have IT? I think he got a lucky run because a lot of other teams were on the downturn.

Reactions: Ernie McCracken
Clemson......umm...."was" (past), after thought, no threat to any team today...Sweeney is lost in this new era.

Clemson is was.

GBO

His bs that Clemson fans coined as “culture” was never sustainable. He had a pretty good run but crap like “forbidding” commits from visiting was always laughable.

Reactions: KptVFL
How has Dabo lost it? Where was he wrong? Now I think some of you just don’t like him. I don’t either but I don’t see where he is wrong about his portal comments. Here is a good little back and forth about it.

He said most players, not all players. What's the big deal?
You’re technically right. However, he took zero transfers. The only non-service academy school to do so. He lost four games last year and there was no one in the portal who could help? He's either against the portal like he's against commits taking visits, or he couldn't land anyone. Clemson is becoming irrelevant and acting like they’re too good for the portal is just another indication of that.

Last edited:
He took zero transfers. The only non-service academy school to do so. He lost four games last year and there was no one in the portal who could help? He's either against the portal like he's against commits taking visits, or he couldn't land anyone.
Dabo is one of those rare sickos who plays everything on the hardest difficulty.

You’re technically right. However, he took zero transfers. The only non-service academy school to do so. He lost four games last year and there was no one in the portal who could help? He's either against the portal like he's against commits taking visits, or he couldn't land anyone. Clemson is becoming irrelevant and acting like they’re too good for the portal is just another indication of that.
AND they think another P5 conference would want them LOLOLOLOL

VN Store

Back