Pat would have loved Kim Caldwell... and so would've my Dad...

LV4L

I'm sure all of you out there in VN have read "Sum It Up"... (if not, please do so)... I've read it multiple times and I use Pat's autograph on a napkin as my bookmark. Pat would have loved CKC... comes from a small town in West Virginia full of grit and determination and coaching talent (One does not compile a record of 217 wins, 31 losses in an 8 year career as HC at ANY level of CBB without coaching talent). Pat always gave credit to her father for the toughness and determination he instilled in her... Same with Kim and her father. My Dad was a life long fan of LV's BB. He passed 3 years ago... We watched almost every LV game we could catch on TV and I even managed to coax him to several home games at TBA (and one SEC tournament in Atlanta) before his health failed. He, too, would love CKC ... bur he would not cut her any slack... I wish he were still here to enjoy this ride...

I'm sure all of you out there in VN have read "Sum It Up"... (if not, please do so)... I've read it multiple times and I use Pat's autograph on a napkin as my bookmark. Pat would have loved CKC... comes from a small town in West Virginia full of grit and determination and coaching talent (One does not compile a record of 217 wins, 31 losses in an 8 year career as HC at ANY level of CBB without coaching talent). Pat always gave credit to her father for the toughness and determination he instilled in her... Same with Kim and her father. My Dad was a life long fan of LV's BB. He passed 3 years ago... We watched almost every LV game we could catch on TV and I even managed to coax him to several home games at TBA (and one SEC tournament in Atlanta) before his health failed. He, too, would love CKC ... bur he would not cut her any slack... I wish he were still here to enjoy this ride...
sorry for your loss
Sometimes I am looking through pics on my puter and see my Dad's pic and choke up
he was 92, lost him 3 months ago
He to was a LV fan

Great post, LV4L. I'm sorry for your loss, but you sure do have some special memories to recall and enjoy.

I agree with you that Kim Caldwell is Pat's kind of people, and I'm sure that if her spirit is allowed to visit on game days, she'll be so excited to watch the new kid do her best to do right by the players and the program and the fans who support them.

Personally, I'm over the moon with excitement for the future. Caldwell has already exceeded early expectations, and I see no reason yet to believe she and her staff aren't just going to keep building on what they've started.

Good times!

Great post, LV4L. I'm sorry for your loss, but you sure do have some special memories to recall and enjoy.

I agree with you that Kim Caldwell is Pat's kind of people, and I'm sure that if her spirit is allowed to visit on game days, she'll be so excited to watch the new kid do her best to do right by the players and the program and the fans who support them.

Personally, I'm over the moon with excitement for the future. Caldwell has already exceeded early expectations, and I see no reason yet to believe she and her staff aren't just going to keep building on what they've started.

Good times!

So happy you have those beautiful memories and thank you for sharing them! It is never quite the same when they are gone.

Absolutely ! Pat was such a Visionary (as well as a one of a kind mentally and physically tough woman)... She let Nothing get in her way. As a result, she had Tennessee Lady Vols BB so far out front in the 80's and 90's that no one else could compete. But, inevitably, others saw what she was doing and eventually began to catch up. Geno made a name for himself on this rivalry alone... He owes Pat big time for his success.
Pat has been gone awhile now. In her absence many Good people have followed in her footsteps and gave their all for LV BB... Kellie (Jolly) Harper and Holly Warlick (both players under Pat)...

So happy you have those beautiful memories and thank you for sharing them! It is never quite the same when they are gone.
Thank you. You are correct... it's never the same. I've found it does not get easier either... but it does get sweeter...
So let us just enjoy the ride with CKC and the LV's... it's gonna be a good one...

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Lucy
Sorry to hear that coach J,,,I know how I felt
Loosing my Dad years ago.
thanks Chippo
Even at this sitting I can see that 6'2" mountain of a man, who loved and married a woman with four kids as his own for 52 years,,yes, losing a Father like that (and I am sure your Dad was equally a great man),,,doesn't get easier...I often wish I could have just one more conversation with him.

Sorry, all that this thread has taken such a tangent,,,but selfishly, I am glad it did

thanks Chippo
Even at this sitting I can see that 6'2" mountain of a man, who loved and married a woman with four kids as his own for 52 years,,yes, losing a Father like that (and I am sure your Dad was equally a great man),,,doesn't get easier...I often wish I could have just one more conversation with him.

Sorry, all that this thread has taken such a tangent,,,but selfishly, I am glad it did

Oh my... just watched the video... brought tears to my eyes and made my day... I'll take a tangent like this any day of the week... THANK YOU
Go LV's

VN Store

Back