The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Hmm, interesting comment that is clearly not at all targeted at a recent player who entered the portal.

I think it sure sounds like a shot at Aidoo, but he was probably trying to simple make a true statement not meaning to throw shade at Aidoo. It’s like if I wasn’t at home for a month and my wife said “we seem to have more cheese in the fridge now”. She wasn’t meaning to take a shot at me, just making note of something.

Obviously we’ve all said this lately, but it’s crazy seeing big pages tweet and acknowledge it. Poor HS kids man.

The typical college coach recruits in this order now:

1. Re-recruits own team
2. Transfer Portal
3. JUCOs
4. Prep/Post Grad
5. High School

You don’t have to like it but it’s the reality of the landscape at the moment.

I think mid and low majors are basicly becoming farm teams for the big schools. I think we may even see coaches working together. For example a coach at UT could send potential talent to a coach at a place like ETSU with the plan of him coming to UT later. Might even see players move back and forth like AAA/MLB baseball players.

I love it. Players are no longer powerless while the schools and leagues suck down all the money. Next step will be revenue sharing and that's a good thing too. I actually applaud people who work hard and think they should get a piece of the pie for the work they produce. I'm shocked that some don't see it that way.

There was a trend for a few years in the NBA to draft young payers with no or one year of college experience. Then the NBA team could put them in the G League and develop them. That trend seems to be changing. NBA teams are loosing many young players after their rookie contract runs out to other teams. So, the trend is going more to drafting older players that are ready to play now and don't need several years to develop. This bolds well for Dalton Knecht. I predict that DK will work himself into a teams rotation (top 9 players) sooner than we may think. imo

Reactions: 10ecVol
There was a trend for a few years in the NBA to draft young payers with no or one year of college experience. Then the NBA team could put them in the G League and develop them. That trend seems to be changing. NBA teams are loosing many young players after their rookie contract runs out to other teams. So, the trend is going more to drafting older players that are ready to play now and don't need several years to develop. This bolds well for Dalton Knecht. I predict that DK will work himself into a teams rotation (top 9 players) sooner than we may think. imo
I read a draft projection recently pointing out that Knecht could be appealing for a team that was at risk of losing a starter to free agency, so they’re definitely reading him as a play-now choice. I don’t recall a player in recent memory who looked more like an NBA player playing against college kids.

VN Store

Back