The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

It’s been a while, but I remember Kevin O’Neill and Bruce Pearl as TN’s #1 targets based on both making it to the Sweet 16.

Pat Kennedy at FL State was the first choice to replace Devoe. Houston and Leonard Hamilton (Oklahoma State) were the finalists after Kennedy turned down Dickey. Hamilton wanted the job. Lamar Alexander dictated the Houston hire over CLH.

Tennessee settled for Green, Buzz, and Cuonzo. Tyndall was a top candidate after his success at Southern Mississippi and Morehead. Highly paid administrators failed to vet Donnie.
Buzz was an up and comer, but not qualified. We fell for the UNC/Jordan aura. Huggins wanted the job, as did others. Tyndall’s baggage was well known even though he was winning at USM. Hiring him killed our momentum. I don’t love Pear’s persona on the court always, but he is an exceptional coach. From a PR and enthusiasm standpoint, I’ve never seen anyone build that much interest that fast. Piggybacking on Pat’s passion and brand was brilliant. The guy annoys me, but he was great for getting us on the map.

I just have to say SUCK IT JJJ haters. Legacy game for him. ICE COLD!!!!!!

This x 1000. How anyone could 'hate' kids like JJJ and SV, who have exemplified everything you could ever want in a kid representing the school is mind blowing. Okay, so they always didn't live up to the 'high standards' of some schlubs sitting at home on their couches, but both guys have reinvented themselves as versatile players who you want on the court in the biggest spots.

Damn straight, a legacy game, and hopefully he has 2-3 more in him before he's finished here.

Tip off time actually ended up working out perfectly for me tonight. Wife bought me tickets to go see Collin Mochire and Brad Sherwood from “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” On tour for tonight, bought them months ago and of course we end up playing but should be getting out of the show before the game starts thanks to the late tip.
How was the show? Was this at the Paramount? Wife and I had talked about going.

Awaka had the massive 3-point play followed by a rebound off a missed FT. That’s where I felt we started nailing the coffin shut.

Yeah, that offensive rebound pretty much sealed the game. Awaka and Mashack were just huge last night even beyond any scoring they did. Brilliant move by Barnes letting Awaka close the game, as Kalkbrenner couldn't deal with his physicality.

And JJJ's defense on Scheierman in the second half was another huge key. You could give the game ball to any one of those guys, as well as DK for coming up big when we needed it most.

Easiest path in history

When Shead went down, my first thought was "it could only happen with Duke". It appears that Scheyer will inherit some of the luck and cake tournament draws from his slimy predecessor, who had numerous 'red carpet' paths to final fours.

When Shead went down, my first thought was "it could only happen with Duke". It appears that Scheyer will inherit some of the luck and cake tournament draws from his slimy predecessor, who had numerous 'red carpet' paths to final fours.
Filipowski didn’t even have to trip Shead to get him hurt. He had that card he was waiting to play but he got to save it.

Reactions: oldaaucoach
Community coffee is vastly underrated. And I can rifle through about six or eight hot Krispy Kremes. I would just say this win is even better with CC and KK doughnuts. Call it the trifecta of a good Saturday morning.
Community Coffee!! Yes

Loves me some chicory. Community or Cafe du Monde

Heavy cream. Light sugar

Edey will just move Aidoo backwards until he's 5 feet from the basket--then the little flip shot. That is not a good matchup for us, to say the least. I think we somehow need to keep our bigs out of foul trouble. You have to get a body on Edey early in possession, before he's in the paint-- make it hard for him to get into the paint. Big challenge.
Have to deny him the entry pass.

VN Store

Back