What are your thoughts on Aidoo probably going to Arkansas?

It doesn’t matter to me. He’s doing what he thinks is best for his future. Maybe it works out and maybe it doesn’t. He was never anything but a classy and respected player at UT. I wish him the best.
I'd like to add next to classy and respected that he was hilarious and a joy to those around him

It doesn’t matter to me. He’s doing what he thinks is best for his future. Maybe it works out and maybe it doesn’t. He was never anything but a classy and respected player at UT. I wish him the best.

Except when he lied to Barnes and the staff telling them everything was fine.

Can’t look at him the same way again.

I don't hold a grudge against the kid. Lost his VFL status, but he's free to go anywhere he's comfortable. Personally, I'd take Baylor in a heartbeat over Arky....assuming they're still interested in him.

Not really
It kind of is. He probably said everything was fine because it was, as in Tennessee didn’t do anything to necessarily piss him off. He, like every other player in the country, had people in his ear 24/7 promising more money and playing time if he transferred to their school.

Just like we will leave a job we like for more money and a higher position, so do they.

Except when he lied to Barnes and the staff telling them everything was fine.

Can’t look at him the same way again.
None of us know what was said behind the scenes.

Plus, many young people fear confrontation and don’t speak the truth to avoid confrontation. Aidoo is an athlete but still young, around 22 yrs old.

It kind of is. He probably said everything was fine because it was, as in Tennessee didn’t do anything to necessarily piss him off. He, like every other player in the country, had people in his ear 24/7 promising more money and playing time if he transferred to their school.

Just like we will leave a job we like for more money and a higher position, so do they.

It caught Barnes off guard and put him in a tough spot.

Not to mention it isn’t a good luck to leave your team after being mostly being a no-show in the NCAA Tournament.

That’s just me.

It caught Barnes off guard and put him in a tough spot.

Not to mention it isn’t a good luck to leave your team after being mostly being a no-show in the NCAA Tournament.

That’s just me.
Is he supposed to put in a two week notice? or decide not to take more money and minutes elsewhere on principle because he was bad in the tournament?

I would much rather guys not transfer to other SEC schools. With that being said, it’s hard to say no to more money, especially for a guy like Aidoo who may or may not make it in the NBA. I hate it, but I can’t fault a guy for cashing in while he can. Now, that doesn’t mean I’ll think of Aidoo fondly. Anyone not wearing Tennessee in their jersey is nothing but opposition.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Even if he told Barnes things weren’t fine, we were never gonna pay him what Arkansas is paying him. They would’ve let him walk.

Is he supposed to put in a two week notice? or decide not to take more money and minutes elsewhere on principle because he was bad in the tournament?

You’re missing the point…

Barnes expected Aidoo to come back.

Clearly everything wasn’t “fine”, but still played it off any way.

He put the coaches in a tough spot.

You can spin it however you want but it wasn’t a good look imo.

VN Store

Back