Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Man’s had to go somewhere to try and get some more playing time. Looked pretty hard to find it again this upcoming season with the couple of new signings.
Excited to watch him there. That’s 4 Chelsea players that have gone there in the past 3 years, so I’ll be pulling for them. Glad Pulisic got a chance to go to another big club too.

A bit worried about his playing time there too though. He won’t start over Leao at LW. I think we could see him play #10 there which would be interesting and I think he could do well there, so fingers crossed that’s what their plan is. Otherwise he will be an impact sub.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Letting everyone know I moved the Women’s World Cup Thread to the Lady Vols forum since there are four Lady’s Vols playing at the WC this month.

Reactions: C/O
I am tentative to post this, but it is looking more and more likely that I will be seeing River Plate vs Boca Juniors at the Bombonera on October 1st.
There’s a really short list of electric, intense, top derbies in the world. And that’s right there, with Celtic-Rangers and Partizan-Red Star. Ecstatic for you man, I really hope it happens!

While it seems the 2023 Ballon d'or has already been decidedly titled to Leonel Messi for having a stellar 2022 World Cup, does anyone think he is the worlds best player? I feel he is arguably the 3rd best player on his club team (Prior to move to Inter Miami).

While it seems the 2023 Ballon d'or has already been decidedly titled to Leonel Messi for having a stellar 2022 World Cup, does anyone think he is the worlds best player? I feel he is arguably the 3rd best player on his club team (Prior to move to Inter Miami).
I think the last four words of your post provide all the evidence necessary to prove conclusively that he isn't.

Predictably rocky start to life in the PL for Luton. What I don’t understand is why they actually postpone and reschedule the match altogether, probably on some random Wednesday night, as opposed to just playing at Burnley that weekend, and having Luton play at home later in the season when the second fixture is scheduled.
Luton’s first Premier League game at Kenilworth Road postponed

Predictably rocky start to life in the PL for Luton. What I don’t understand is why they actually postpone and reschedule the match altogether, probably on some random Wednesday night, as opposed to just playing at Burnley that weekend, and having Luton play at home later in the season when the second fixture is scheduled.
Luton’s first Premier League game at Kenilworth Road postponed

I thought the same when I saw that. Is it that difficult to just switch weekends.

I thought the same when I saw that. Is it that difficult to just switch weekends.
Someone on the Everton board I post to a lot made the point that Blackburn and Blackpool are both playing at home at that same time that afternoon, so it might have stretched the Lancashire police too thin trying to provide security for three matches.

Still could have probably moved it to Sunday afternoon and played in Burnley I would think.

While he is still playing at a high level, he wasn’t the best player in Europe this year, even with the World Cup win. If Haaland doesn’t win it, than it’s a travesty, IMO.

watching the arsenal vs MLS all stars game (I actually went to it in 2016 in california)

- Wish matt turner was there. Would be cool to see him appear for Arsenal in the US
- Havertz in a gunners shirt is weird and probably will be for a while
- Those jerseys are bright

Reactions: NorCalVol67 and MAD
FPL prices this year are very generous. I imagine most teams will look very similar at the start. I may go a little nuts just to mix it up.

Reactions: MAD
For those wanting to play FPL again or try it for the first time. The league code to join is ‘zfp2q5’ without the ‘ ‘ of course.

If youve never played before it’s simple and free. The members here would be glad to answer any questions anyone has about how to play.

For those wanting to play FPL again or try it for the first time. The league code to join is ‘zfp2q5’ without the ‘ ‘ of course.

If youve never played before it’s simple and free. The members here would be glad to answer any questions anyone has about how to play.
I remember having trouble joining last year, says the code is invalid and I think you instructed me to do something different

edit: I looked back from last year, have to pick my team first

Last edited:
I know it’s only a friendly, but Man U are looking pretty mean at the moment against the safety workers of London.

Thanks for setting this is up. Look forward to it again.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back