2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Thanks 😊 ik.. u think she’s gonna play Latham Spearman Barker and Duada at the same time? Besides it’s just rumors that we are even recruiting them. We may not even be in on them.

“If I could take a full team of PGs I would” -CKC on Samara Spencer

Does that sound like she wants half the team to be forwards? Puckett, Darby, Hollingshed, Latham, Spearman, Dauda, AND Barker?? Then Whitehorn is kinda a SF.

I don’t see it
I can see it. Nothing against Darby or Puckett, who I think are great ladies, but it seems coach might be out recruiting them. Hollingsworth is pretty good but doesn’t have great lateral movement.

Then you should look a little closer at South Carolina & LSU's rosters. LSU has 6-6 Del Rosario with great 4 players in Smyth and Marrow and South Carolina Add Adhel Tac a big 6-5 post alongside Samika Walker at 6-5. Dawn and Kim don't just recruit that size just because. They know it is necessary to be able to compete for a SEC and/or National Championship. Those thinking that a 4 guard lineup in this league is going to win consistently is just wrong. If this was the case we would see the Auburns, Arkansas's and Missouri's in the top of the league year over year and we don't see that.
Adhel Tac is more like 6' 6". Standing next to Cardosa they look about the same height.

Adhel Tac is more like 6' 6". Standing next to Cardosa they look about the same height.
It’s going to be fun watching us play against these bigs…

1. How long can they sprint up and down the court?
2. Can we keep them out of the middle on defense like we plan to do?
3. Can we force difficult entry passes?
4. Will we be able to adjust properly if they are dominating us down low?

It’s going to be fun watching us play against these bigs…

1. How long can they sprint up and down the court?
2. Can we keep them out of the middle on defense like we plan to do?
3. Can we force difficult entry passes?
4. Will we be able to adjust properly if they are dominating us down low?

I feel like this is going to be a team that has a million held balls a game lol.

Wrong. In this system you’re pretty much a guard or a forward. Puckett and Tess cannot play a guard bc they can’t dribble. I agree Whitehorn is more guard like but it’s funny you compare her to Horston bc she plays a 4 in the W 🤭

Oh and there are many reasons to turn your back on a great player. Attitude being one of them. Fitting the system being another
I thought we were talking UT. I could care leas about the WNBA. Horstin played guard here, as will Whitehorn. Tess will not play post (ever). She's a wing player, thus as you say only guards and forwards play in thus system, so she's a guard . Puckett will play both(wing and post). CKC as a coach will (and should) think she can make Barker work, thus taking her if she wants in(as she should also).

Reactions: Deebowbear
I thought we were talking UT. I could care leas about the WNBA. Horstin played guard here, as will Whitehorn. Tess will not play post (ever). She's a wing player, thus as you say only guards and forwards play in thus system, so she's a guard . Puckett will play both(wing and post). CKC as a coach will (and should) think she can make Barker work, thus taking her if she wants in(as she should also).
But can they dribble? I’m sorry but this was my same problem with Kellie bc many here think you can cheat positions without the skills. It doesn’t work

Reactions: chuckiepoo
But can they dribble? I’m sorry but this was my same problem with Kellie bc many here think you can cheat positions without the skills. It doesn’t work
Puckett will be a stretch 4 in this offense. Darby will be a wing. Do you actually think Darby is a post player? She's not a stretch 4, she's a 3, that can shoot (supposedly).

Reactions: TNRazor
I can see it. Nothing against Darby or Puckett, who I think are great ladies, but it seems coach might be out recruiting them. Hollingsworth is pretty good but doesn’t have great lateral movement.
Wonder what that would say about the cupboard that CKC inherited?

Your wrong too. She will get roasted playing the 4 on D. You people have lost your mind. We shall see. She's always played the wing and imo will continue to do so .
Tess is strong enough and can extend the defense with her shot...to me it is her natural spot unless a pure SG can be used...This misuse was used with Kortney DUnbar,,,she too was very strong and could defend the 4,,,but was camped out at the arc

RJ and Rennia played both, Chamique was a 3.
How many 4's (Power Forwards),,,have the handles of those 3,,,I consider it this way
1 PG-ball handler, pass-first mentality
2 SG-Spot up shooter who can help bring the ball down but cannot consistently take anyone off the dribble
3-SF-2nd best ball handler, Can take any defender off the dribble, finish in a variety of ways, excellent defender
4-PF-Team's enforcer, team's strongest, does very little in the way of finesse scoring
5-C-back to the basket scorer, shot blocker, rim protector

Which one best describes Ren, RJ, Mique?
this is not to say they didn't at some time play the 4,,,but all 3 are natural SF's

Tess is strong enough and can extend the defense with her shot...to me it is her natural spot unless a pure SG can be used...This misuse was used with Kortney DUnbar,,,she too was very strong and could defend the 4,,,but was camped out at the arc

How many 4's (Power Forwards),,,have the handles of those 3,,,I consider it this way
1 PG-ball handler, pass-first mentality
2 SG-Spot up shooter who can help bring the ball down but cannot consistently take anyone off the dribble
3-SF-2nd best ball handler, Can take any defender off the dribble, finish in a variety of ways, excellent defender
4-PF-Team's enforcer, team's strongest, does very little in the way of finesse scoring
5-C-back to the basket scorer, shot blocker, rim protector

Which one best describes Ren, RJ, Mique?
this is not to say they didn't at some time play the 4,,,but all 3 are natural SF's
Your 2 guard better be able to be a great ball handler or your in trouble. The 4 and 5 position has changed. The PF is gone, it's a stretch 4 now. Alot of teams even have stretch 5. The Edey's of the world are becoming extinct. Mist team have/want athletic 4's and 5's to rebound and Blick shots. Rennia and RJ are swing players 3 or 4's. Chamique was a 3. Neither RJ or Rennia were/are great ball handlers. Your playing old school basketball and I'm play present day basketball. My team would beat your team easily with your philosophy.

VN Store

Back