2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Now you'll have to find something else Angel's being slighted about.

Which is hilarious, since she announced her entry into the draft in freaking Vogue Magazine, and it was not her first spread there! The notion that Angel does not get promotion is just . . .
She deserves the same promo as others for growing the game, that’s all I ask for. Vogue is one of the most iconic publications in the world and they decided to have Reese in it, I’m sure plenty of other would have jumped at the chance. I’m just glad I can watch her game now on my TV screen and don’t have to watch some grainy cell phone feed.

They did the same during the college basketball season, they could have promoted others but didn’t, this is what a lot of people are saying.

This is all bs. Rickea Jackson is more marketable than either CC or AR. Whether the WNBA figures that out is questionable. I’m going to predict Rickea will be the face of a fashion house and a luxury brand while CC is still schlepping sweatshirts.

This is all bs. Rickea Jackson is more marketable than either CC or AR. Whether the WNBA figures that out is questionable. I’m going to predict Rickea will be the face of a fashion house and a luxury brand while CC is still schlepping sweatshirts.
I agree with u on Rickea, that’s why I’m glad and wanted her in Los Angeles. She never really promoted herself much while in college and that’s the reason nobody knew her, but now on the big stage everyone will know who Rickea Jackson is.

If Rickea had stayed at Mississippi State and progressed into the player she is now would you say this or are you wearing those Orange colored glasses?

I believe all 3 are very marketable to help WNBA .

If Rickea had stayed at Mississippi State and progressed into the player she is now would you say this or are you wearing those Orange colored glasses?

I believe all 3 are very marketable to help WNBA .
Nothing to do with schools. Hate to break it to you but Rickea is beautiful. She is an extraordinary athlete and drop dead gorgeous.
I am not talking just about the WNBA advertising. I think you will see RK in a LV ad (and I don’t mean Lady Vols). These sorts of companies will not give CC a look. The combination of a strong, fearless athlete with stunning looks will be highly valued by a lot of entities.

Nothing to do with schools. Hate to break it to you but Rickea is beautiful. She is an extraordinary athlete and drop dead gorgeous.
I am not talking just about the WNBA advertising. I think you will see RK in a LV ad (and I don’t mean Lady Vols). These sorts of companies will not give CC a look. The combination of a strong, fearless athlete with stunning looks will be highly valued by a lot of entities.
they're all beautiful woman .

Not disagreeing at all. I think that RJ and CC will cater to very different niches, CC for State Farm insurance, gatorade, Nike all makes sense. I see an ad for John Deere tractors in her future as well :).

RJ will definitely follow a fashion and beauty goods path. I think both will be able to pay the rent.

What a great picture! Miss them all!
Saw them talking after the game and was hoping for a pic. So glad someone got it. Sure wish the three could have played together.
Gotta put Cameron in this conversation. I am sure the Sparks don't mind having she and RJ as the faces of the franchise.
The Sparks know exactly what they have and are already pushing it to the hilt. Curt Miller said he knew they were running the two prized rookies ragged off the court as well as on but he laughed about it. They've been to Laker games, Clippers games, and several other publicity calls around LA just in the week or so they've been there.. Both said their heads were bursting with new info and terminology. Rickea said her biggest off court challenge has been getting use to L.A. traffic, how early you have to leave to get anywhere.
Don’t forget Rae
Man I really hope Rae can stick this time. She seems to be behind both Rickea (of course) and Zia Cooke now, but she really had a good 4th qtr last night and some key baskets. And yeah, Rae fits right in the Cam/Rickea vibe as far as Sparks new image.

Crap. Rennia Davis was waived by the Sun. 😥

More crap: Jamie Nared was waived by the Lynx. (as was former LV Mimi Collins)
Yeah really hate that for both. Has Rennia ever stuck with a team for a whole season? Seems like every team has given her a look at some point. The W axe will swing hard this week. It's just so hard to get roster spots.

Saw them talking after the game and was hoping for a pic. So glad someone got it. Sure wish the three could have played together.

The Sparks know exactly what they have and are already pushing it to the hilt. Curt Miller said he knew they were running the two prized rookies ragged off the court as well as on but he laughed about it. They've been to Laker games, Clippers games, and several other publicity calls around LA just in the week or so they've been there.. Both said their heads were bursting with new info and terminology. Rickea said her biggest off court challenge has been getting use to L.A. traffic, how early you have to leave to get anywhere.

Man I really hope Rae can stick this time. She seems to be behind both Rickea (of course) and Zia Cooke now, but she really had a good 4th qtr last night and some key baskets. And yeah, Rae fits right in the Cam/Rickea vibe as far as Sparks new image.
One thing that works against Rae is that first round picks (particularly when Rae was drafted) are cheap. Teams don’t seem that vested in making those picks work. An injury and someone performs well in your spot, teams seem fine with moving on. I think Rae’s window may be closing, same for Rennia and Jamie. It is a brutal business

I think Rae’s window may be closing, same for Rennia and Jamie. It is a brutal business
Yes I think Rae really needs to stick this time or she may be in trouble. But this is a good opportunity for her, the Sparks are young and rebuilding. Rae seems healthy and she played really well in whatever that league was a few months ago. Fingers crossed for her. They have another preseason game Friday.

Yes I think Rae really needs to stick this time or she may be in trouble. But this is a good opportunity for her, the Sparks are young and rebuilding. Rae seems healthy and she played really well in whatever that league was a few months ago. Fingers crossed for her. They have another preseason game Friday.
Rae has a protected contract this year, so they'd have to pay her even if she didn't make the final cut. Now they could still cut her, as I think they have a lot of cap room, but the fact they guaranteed her contract this year (and at $125K at that) makes me think they want her around.

Rae has a protected contract this year, so they'd have to pay her even if she didn't make the final cut. Now they could still cut her, as I think they have a lot of cap room, but the fact they guaranteed her contract this year (and at $125K at that) makes me think they want her around.
Didn’t know that, good!

Yes! They signed her on a two-year, $125K deal, this year protected, next year unprotected. Hopefully she shows out this year so her roster spot will be solid going into next year when she her contract is unprotected.
Excellent for Rae, She should get a legit shot to shine this season but that is also a kind of make or break contract. She does not have too many more chances to grab that ring. Fingers crossed it works out this time around.

VN Store

Back