2025 Recruiting

one of the twins is a top ten,,,speaking of no brainer

They just complain about everything.. every single thing.
And what’s worse is it’s not even true.

Talaysia Cooper is not a 50ish recruit.
Kaniya Boyd is not a 50ish recruit.
Jillian Hollingshead and Lazaria Spearman are not 50ish recruits.

Alyssa Latham earned All-ACC freshman honors.
Samara Spencer earned 2022 SEC freshman of the year honors.
Jewel Spear earned All-ACC honors.
Sara Puckett earned All-SEC freshman honors.

I don’t care what a player is ranked coming out of HS, college comes down to being apart of the right program with the right coach.

That is why you see so many of the Top 20 recruits after one or two seasons in the transfer portal.

They get a lot of bad advice from people who think things like rankings and NIL deals will translate to college.

Some of the freshman from this year that had a little success will be a prime example of how every year is different.

Last edited:

I don’t care what a player is ranked coming out of HS, college comes down to being apart of the right program with the right coach.

That is why you see so many of Top 20 recruits after one or two seasons in the transfer portal.

They get a lot of bad advice from people who think things like rankings and NIL deals will translate to college.

Some of the freshman for this year that has a little success will be a prime example of how every year is different.
and #43 Rae Burrell in the wnba
but it is you know who
1715046594276.png

That is why you see so many of the Top 20 recruits after one or two seasons in the transfer portal.

Some of the freshman from this year that had a little success will be a prime example of how every year is different.
Not sure I saw anyone complaining. Yer shaking yer fist at the clouds, boo…

…again

i always appreciate your positive posts. there's nothing wrong with being excited and seeing the glass half-full, especially when there are facts to support it.

one of the twins is a top ten,,,speaking of no brainer
Not a no brainer in my book on even a top 10 when they come with a demand that you spend another scholarship on a player of their choice. Off to a wrong start in who's the boss IMO.

Also, it's not "complaining" to hope we start to recruit from a more elite pool. Especially ironic when we're currently on a rampage to up the athleticism of our team. Athleticism + Skills usually doesn't happen in the 50ish pool. Of course you can find random examples, but there's a reason Dawn fishes exclusively in the higher pools. Do we want to contend or not?

Not a no brainer in my book on even a top 10 when they come with a demand that you spend another scholarship on a player of their choice. Off to a wrong start in who's the boss IMO.

Also, it's not "complaining" to hope we start to recruit from a more elite pool. Especially ironic when we're currently on a rampage to up the athleticism of our team. Athleticism + Skills usually doesn't happen in the 50ish pool. Of course you can find random examples, but there's a reason Dawn fishes exclusively in the higher pools. Do we want to contend or not?
yes you can find examples of both and leave it y to you to find them
glv you used to post both good and bad but lately you seem to be taking on the negavol approach,,,I will try not to quote you in my posts as I do not want to communicate with adversarial postser
maybe you will get back to what you were, or maybe you will keep going down the Darth path

don't know, but wishing you a fine day and won't be continuing to feed your trip for a while

yes you can find examples of both and leave it y to you to find them
glv you used to post both good and bad but lately you seem to be taking on the negavol approach,,,I will try not to quote you in my posts as I do not want to communicate with adversarial postser
maybe you will get back to what you were, or maybe you will keep going down the Darth path

don't know, but wishing you a fine day and won't be continuing to feed your trip for a while
I post em as I see em, always have, always will. I try to stay off the Delulu Train in either direction.

You're right, it's best when we don't interact. Have a good day as well.

Last edited:

Did Dawn start off recruiting in the higher pools or did she build her program up to that level?

I post em as I see em, always have, always will. I try to stay off the Delulu Train in either direction.

You're right, it's best when we don't interact. Have a good day as well.
we can interact as we always have and I "liked" many of your posts,,,you just seem to be debbie downer lately,,,thats all

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t know but I do know this is the Nil era so all previous situations don’t apply.
And they just got 500K more to play with since the 250K offer got matched. The rich get so much richer.

One situation that won't change is that recruiting the very best talent is the key to championships. Everyone hopes to eventually get to that level. Not sure how saying that is "negative".

I don’t know but I do know this is the Nil era so all previous situations don’t apply.
It can definitely facilitate things but I feel that a lot of teams have money to throw around so it is going to fall back to good old fashioned recruiting unless you way over pay for someone.

It can definitely facilitate things but I feel that a lot of teams have money to throw around so it is going to fall back to good old fashioned recruiting unless you way over pay for someone.
Overpay is good for players like Juju and Kiki, but don’t overpay for average players. We really are just one elite star away from being able to compete.

Reactions: brittannica
I agree, at the highest levels the money is about the same plus these players already have so many endorsements, etc., that things other than money come into play. Like winning championships. Before money, that was it. IMO, those recent nattys and FFs almost recruit themselves. Winning rakes in the elite recruits who do more winning and more money making. It's a hard cycle to break into.

Don't understand why these young women want to play for Geno...He is creepy.
And has many nattys...and his players do well in the pros...and has a program that was in its heyday when these players were little girls...lots of appeal in these things, even if he is close to retirement. And if he retires on a recruit earlier than expected, they have the portal to fall back on. Not shocking that it's still a popular landing spot.

And has many nattys...and his players do well in the pros...and has a program that was in its heyday when these players were little girls...lots of appeal in these things, even if he is close to retirement. And if he retires on a recruit earlier than expected, they have the portal to fall back on. Not shocking that it's still a popular landing spot.
And obviously, the many young women who play for him, work for him, and all their families do not find Geno 'creepy'. Ditto Kenny Brooks. I'll take their word for it over the word of the internet. Insulting to them not to.

Overpay is good for players like Juju and Kiki, but don’t overpay for average players. We really are just one elite star away from being able to compete.
Never overpay. Promise ALL recruits ONLY that every player on the team will receive that same smount of pay from the NIL collective,

They can make whatever from their own private NIL deals. That’s up to them based upon performance and personality. ( works for Dawn)

Not sure why anyone is arguing with your premise that it is generally better to sign higher ranked player than lower ones. Your probabilities of success go up that way. That is why the #5 ranked player generally has more top schools courting than #50.

CKC is in a bootstrapping mode right now because she does not have a national rep to fall back on. Outside of Vol land, check out the WCBB reddit, she is seen as a massive gamble. So, her three portal signings so far, her assistant coaching hires and keeping just about everyone in the fold are all achievements that should not be undervalued. She has beaten the odds but she is still also pulling herself up by the bootstaps which means she needs to, by the end of next season, not be the “who? from where?" coach but the "she has something really going on" coach. If she does that, then those ranked players will get much more interested.

Last edited:
Never overpay. Promise ALL recruits ONLY that every player on the team will receive that same smount of pay from the NIL collective,

They can make whatever from their own private NIL deals. That’s up to them based upon performance and personality. ( works for Dawn)
So is the nil collective cash money in the recruits bank accounts upon signing?

So u want every school in the country to do that, or should we be the only one?

VN Store

Back