AJ Russell updates?

Volz865

Has anyone heard an actual update on him and how close he is to coming back?

Has anyone heard an actual update on him and how close he is to coming back?
Anyone outside of a couple of the pitchers dad’s on here are just guessing. My guess is we see a couple of innings vs USC. I’m hoping he can be a good bullpen arm for us come postseason play. But at this point I just want him to get healthy and go from there.

Anyone outside of a couple of the pitchers dad’s on here are just guessing. My guess is we see a couple of innings vs USC. I’m hoping he can be a good bullpen arm for us come postseason play. But at this point I just want him to get healthy and go from there.
I don't see how he has enough calendar time to build to 6 or 7 inning starter. I could see him building to 3 or 4 innings of things go just right.

I think if we are gonna see AJ this season, he might throw against one of the two remaining midweek teams, an inning or two. If we remain at 1 after the regular season maybe in Hoover. We’ll see I guess.
Seems to be the plan for him to come back this season, unless he has a setback.

I agree, but we’re cutting it close.
I wouldn't expect him to have time to be worked in as a starter at this late date.

But we have a "unique" system going on Fridays and Sundays (or Thursdays and Saturdays) and AJ could be an "opener" or somewhat-long reliever. In a tourney situation where we have a 4th game that may be perfect.

I wouldn't expect him to have time to be worked in as a starter at this late date.

But we have a "unique" system going on Fridays and Sundays (or Thursdays and Saturdays) and AJ could be an "opener" or somewhat-long reliever. In a tourney situation where we have a 4th game that may be perfect.

I don’t disagree, he will have to throw vs batters at some point before he’s cut loose, not to mention, taking someone else’s spot in the rotation that’s gotten us to where we are. I trust these coaches, we’ll see.

I know their taking it slow with AJ and TV and Frank really have the pitchers best interest at heart it seems but I agree til we see AJ in game action we won’t really know for sure , I think he has elite stuff and could be the final piece of another run to Omaha , I’d sure like to see him get a few appearances before the sec tournament

AJ will win us (or save) some games in postseason play. I bet we see him for a couple of innings vs SC. He will be like a Sept call up in MLB and will be an added boost to the bullpen. Great weapon to add to our arsenal.
Honestly, I've stopped expecting him to get back on the field this year. As you pointed out, he might be able to get back and give us another arm in the pen at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

I listened to the interview... CTV said the success of the team without AJ has taken the pressure off of trying to get him back ASAP... They are bringing him along and if he has any issues, the coaches give AJ extra rest time. Fortunately these guys care about the future of the players rather than wearing them out in college.

AJ is a talent. Period.

But he has pitched exactly 42.2 innings in his career here, or 4.7 games.

We are winning without him. What is exactly wrong? I don't know. But those who are in a the locker room think it is 49/51 that we see him this year.

At this point, unless he is 100%, I'd just shut it down and hope for a great 2025 season out of him.

AJ is a talent. Period.

But he has pitched exactly 42.2 innings in his career here, or 4.7 games.

We are winning without him. What is exactly wrong? I don't know. But those who are in a the locker room think it is 49/51 that we see him this year.

At this point, unless he is 100%, I'd just shut it down and hope for a great 2025 season out of him.
I agree, UNLESS he can some way help us in the post season, but only if it does not risk his future.

VN Store

Back