Chase Burns....

“Lab“ is more marketing and hype than anything. we could call a broom closet our pitching lab if we wanted to. It’s just leveraging the latest technology and analytics (which we do without applying a fancy name to it). A consultant will tell you if you add “lab” to a client engagement, you can charge a premium for it. 🍊👍👊😀😃🍊👍👍👊

Let me know when they acquire beakers and flasks, then we can talk

Make no mistake, Chase Burns is having a heck of a season at WF. He was just named as ACC Pitcher of the Week for the 4th time this season. His pitching stats support being a top 10 pick.
He’d easily be our Friday guy. Beam on Saturday and Stamos/Causey on Sunday would be deadly. And who knows, if Burns had returned, maybe Russell doesn’t get hurt and is plugged in on Sunday. Then you have Causey, Stamos, and Zander all available in the pen. This team would be in the same league as 2022.

He’d easily be our Friday guy. Beam on Saturday and Stamos/Causey on Sunday would be deadly. And who knows, if Burns had returned, maybe Russell doesn’t get hurt and is plugged in on Sunday. Then you have Causey, Stamos, and Zander all available in the pen. This team would be in the same league as 2022.
I am kind of digging the Combs, Snead, and Csusey combo in the 2024 pen. These three have been really solid most of the year

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I’m not sure. Maybe that is part of the stadium renovation plan? 🤷‍♂️

As far as Chase is concerned, he was a stud as a freshman and him going to a completely different conference has helped him in that regard. It’s been well documented that all the teams in the SEC spent a significant amount of time scouting our pitchers in the offseason after that 2022 season. We returned all of our starting pitchers and everyone knew what to expect. I think that was the main reason for the drop off in all of our starter’s stats last year.
And the ACC just doesn’t have a plethora of arms like his so he’s almost like a unicorn. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my dad and I walked out of that Clemson game last year and Clemson fans commented on how we rolled 3 guys out there in a row who all were throwing 95+ (Doe, Burns and Halvy) and asked where did you find 3 guys like that. We said we have 3-4 more in the dugout who can touch 95+ and they were in awe. They simply weren’t used to seeing it in the ACC.

VN Store

Back