College World Series

TennEddie

Could this finally be the year the Vols win a baseball or softball CWS ?
We gave one away when we had arguably the best softball pitcher in history, Monica Abbot.
In 2022 we had what many said was the best college baseball team ever, yet we didn’t even
make it to Omaha. It’s time for the CWS God to smile on our Vols.

The CWS does not determine the best team in baseball.
Winning the regular season has way more weight in making that distinction.
Finishing 1st in the SEC Regular season + NCAA Regular season tells you who the best team is hands down.
CWS is a crap shoot and involves a boat load of luck, not true with the regular season.

How many times has the #1 Regular season team won the CWS in the last 20 years?
It’s not comparable to Football.

Finishing 1st in the SEC Regular season + NCAA Regular season tells you who the best team is hands down.
CWS is a crap shoot and involves a boat load of luck, not true with the regular season.

Zero times. 🍊👍😀😀🍊👍😀👊😃

No team since Miami did the feat in 1999 if I'm correct..

The answer is no. Pitching will prevent them from even reaching the CWS.
LOL. Ole Miss won the whole damn thing in 2022. We didn't make it out of the super regional. They were the last team selected and we had one of the most talented teams on both sides of the ball in recent memory. It's impossible to predict what's going to happen.

LOL. Ole Miss won the whole damn thing in 2022. We didn't make it out of the super regional. They were the last team selected and we had one of the most talented teams on both sides of the ball in recent memory. It's impossible to predict what's going to happen.
Pitching was also supposed to kill LSU last year then guys with 10 era’s pitched shutouts the whole tournament

Pitching was also supposed to kill LSU last year then guys with 10 era’s pitched shutouts the whole tournament
It’s enough to drive a person insane. The best team during the season almost never wins. The Dodgers won 111 regular season games a couple of years ago and didn’t sniff the World Series. Crazy game.

We may not make the WS....but we might. So I'll not venture any absolutes. I once heard a man in a debate say that "ABSOLUTES do not exist in our world"....the man he was debating ask..."so you're saying there ABSOLUTELY or no ABSOLUTES?" The first dude literally responded...."YES...that's absolutely what I'm saying..."😳😳😂😂

In baseball our pitching is way too inconsistent to win it all imo. I think it’s more possible in softball.

The answer is no. Pitching will prevent them from even reaching the CWS.
Interesting. The Vols are 5th nationally in ERA (3.84), 4th in WHIP (1.22) and 3rd in strikeouts-to-walks ratio (3.41). And this is without arguably our best pitcher missing (AJ Russell has been on DL for the majority of the season). AJ Russell will be back (likely in a reliever role) likely next week to add more depth. Vols are well balanced in hitting and pitching.

VN Store

Back