'25 GA OT Josh Petty

They shared a little update from Matt Wray on VQ podcast this morning. Said we’re still evaluating Petty and may like him better as an inside guy. If that’s the case, and other big-time programs are recruiting him for OT, how will that impact our standing in his recruitment?
This
Probably a guard in our system due to athleticism or length

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Looking at his profiles, he does seem just a touch short for a tackle.

As an aside, glad to hear Matt Ray back on a podcast. These pods with MR AND AP missing are rough. Cain is boring and vanilla and Rob Lewis can barely speak.
i like EC and RL. But yes, MR and AP bring the info that everyone is interested in.

Reactions: Frosty
They shared a little update from Matt Wray on VQ podcast this morning. Said we’re still evaluating Petty and may like him better as an inside guy. If that’s the case, and other big-time programs are recruiting him for OT, how will that impact our standing in his recruitment?
Drops us for sure. Programs like UGA and Bama will tell him what he wants to hear and flip him to the interior 5 seconds in the first practice.

“Can”…Kirby is elite at getting them to try it out. He’s had 5 stars waiting their turn for his entire tenure.

That just makes him good at his job. Kirby can’t make him stay.

The ole “lying during recruitment” thing doesn’t carry much weight in these here days of the portal.

That just makes him good at his job. Kirby can’t make him stay.

The ole “lying during recruitment” thing doesn’t carry much weight in these here days of the portal.
In most cases I agree. Players he’s signed have been outliers. Look how long Vandagriff sat and waited before seeing the light and settling for Kentucky. Amarius Mims got two programs in trouble and stuck with minimal starts. Adonai Mitchell was a transcendent talent who helped him win two NCs but got fewer snaps and FINALLY left for Texas. It’s shady but it’s working.

Looking at his profiles, he does seem just a touch short for a tackle.

As an aside, glad to hear Matt Ray back on a podcast. These pods with MR AND AP missing are rough. Cain is boring and vanilla and Rob Lewis can barely speak.
Me: insert Tennessee athletics information “but make is as generic and emotionless as possible, and give it a good PR spin”

ChatGPT: I give you, Eric Caine

I mean it probably is. Anything under 6'5 is too small with a couple exceptions of 6'4+ guys for tackle. 6'5 is really the minimum for an NFL OT outside of Mike Onwenu
The average height of NFL offensive tackles is 77.5”. The kid would currently be the height of the average NFL tackle, and he is currently still in high school and could continue to grow. Also, arm length is more important than height, and we don’t know his arm length.

Grew up a Vol fan but will be difficult to “pull him from Georgia” at a time when Tennessee is the most attractive the school has been in 20 years. Yeah, kid ain’t a Vol fan if he is choosing Georgia. It’s pretty simple.
Yeah these ain't the Butch days of losing Trevor Lawrence to Clemson anymore.

6’5” is not a touch short for a tackle.

Listed at 6’4” on On3… and I was speculating. Sometimes listed heights aren’t actual heights. So listed at 6’4” but really 6’3 for example?

If the kid camped and the service measured him is one thing. But I hear RC and others say not all measurements are verified.

Nevertheless, again I was just speculating.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

VN Store

Back