It's time for a change

lol, "Go get Dawn Staley, whatever it costs." OK. Great plan. Foolproof even. No flaws.

I swear A to Z just writes whatever pops into their head to get those clicks. They do it for every sport, don't get me wrong, but a few random stats and "pay whatever it costs to hire Dawn Staley" feels like something you could read on a message board. Actually, what am I saying? I have read that on this message board. Multiple times.

5-2 in the SEC, never finished below 3rd in the SEC. Back to back Sweet 16’s and we want our coach fired…. Ok… DW is not that emotional I would hope.
Put that way, your line of thought makes sense. It depends on Danny White’s confidence in making a hire better than what we have in the current coach. He has an excellent track record with hiring coaches. If it were the old regime I’d say no way.. with DW at the helm it may be worth the risk making a change.

Reactions: TNRazor
Dawn Staley is no more coming here than Pat Summit was going to South Carolina or anywhere else at her peak. Why would Dawn leave her kingdom?

But these threads are not about reality, much less logic.

Last edited:
Harper makes 1.1 million and with her husbands salary for whatever he does added on top of hers....that's a pretty dang good household income.

Harper makes 1.1 million and with her husbands salary for whatever he does added on top of hers....that's a pretty dang good household income.
Jon has had his hands in the Tennessee cookie jar. Many didn’t wake up to his lack of doing anything until recently. A few said early on “what does he do” to be met with resistance but couldn’t validate. He doesn’t recruit.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I’m curious how you know Jon doesn’t do anything?
He’s not on the road recruiting…meaning what does he do? He’s a co-position coach with Joy…so what does he do? What does he bring of value to the staff? One constant to a mediocre coaching resume by CKH is the one assistant along the way.

Jon has had his hands in the Tennessee cookie jar. Many didn’t wake up to his lack of doing anything until recently. A few said early on “what does he do” to be met with resistance but couldn’t validate. He doesn’t recruit.
I don’t think he does sh$$

Reactions: olddog
He’s not on the road recruiting…meaning what does he do? He’s a co-position coach with Joy…so what does he do? What does he bring of value to the staff? One constant to a mediocre coaching resume by CKH is the one assistant along the way.
Again, how do you know the answer to all those questions is "nothing"? How do you know if he recruits? How do you know what he does as a position coach? How do you know what his value to the staff is? Any more than I would know that about any random employee of yours? He may bring nothing, but he may bring something. We're simply not in a position to know.

Because you don't actually know what he (or any of them) does or brings, you've decided it's nothing. No proof, or any way of actually knowing. Just the permanent burr up the butt bc he's the spouse of the head coach.

Again, how do you know the answer to all those questions is "nothing"? How do you know if he recruits? How do you know what he does as a position coach? How do you know what his value to the staff is? Any more than I would know that about any random employee of yours? He may bring nothing, but he may bring something. We're simply not in a position to know.

Because you don't actually know what he (or any of them) does or brings, you've decided it's nothing. No proof, or any way of actually knowing. Just the permanent burr up the butt bc he's the spouse of the head coach.
Tell me the player he’s brought in and we will go from there.

Tell me the player he’s brought in and we will go from there.
I don't know that. Neither do you. That's the point. Jon may be the workhorse of the staff. We actually know zero about behind the scenes coaching and recruiting dynamics.

It's fine to have your opinions. I'm just looking for something besides feelings to back yours up.

No point in making a change mid season, but after the season…yeah, CKH has to be fired immediately following our SEC Tournament loss. The program is a shell of its self and is only going to get worse under CKH’s leadership.

Plenty of good candidates out there. Hopefully the mistake of hiring an alum won’t be made yet again. Hire the best coach possible, regardless of gender and alma mater.

I don't know that. Neither do you. That's the point. Jon may be the workhorse of the staff. We actually know zero about behind the scenes coaching and recruiting dynamics.

It's fine to have your opinions. I'm just looking for something besides feelings to back yours up.
If he’s the workhorse…then you acknowledged he’s a greater problem. But I’ll take results over feelings.

VN Store

Back