Joe Milton to Patriots

I read that he was offered. He turned it down.

What Blank didn't say was that he and his top lieutenants had voted on the team's next head coach, ranking each candidate.

Bill Belichick didn't even finish in anyone's top three.

The greatest coach of all time hadn't come close -- and that was as close as Belichick would come in 2024.

The patriots are not good. Odds are they won't be much better this year. If they are sitting there late in the year at 2-10 or so and not doing much, I could see a scenario where Joe could get a start just to see what he could do
The only way that’s even a possibility is if Maye is injured. If he’s healthy, he’s the starter.

If your QB room was already questionable and you picked up Maye, and then Milton as a project and possible #2 from the 6th round, it makes sense. He's got tons of raw talent. If they can harness that they could have a solid backup that only needs to be great on occasion and got him for a good price.

The real head scratcher was the Falcons signing Cousins to 4 years then drafting a QB that could be starting elsewhere in 2 years or less.
Sports talk has really been laying it on ATL with signing Cousins and then drafting Penix.
Sounds like that team will be in disarray

Sports talk has really been laying it on ATL with signing Cousins and then drafting Penix.
Sounds like that team will be in disarray
It was stupid. Penix will be great IMO. He's not waiting 4 years behind the likes of Cousins. The travesty of the Falcons stupidity is not drafting Penix. It's that they wasted that money and contract years on Cousins.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Bet that was a ton of $...Good dude...but....Good Lord....he is as much of a QB as my pitt bull...This is sc boy goin to the browns and leaving quietly...sorry that I forgot his name....lol

I think TC McCartney, the Pat’s QB coach, was at LSU when Burrow got there from OSU. If that is correct he turned Burrow from an average backup OSU QB to a Heisman winner. Hopefully he has some magic left for Milton.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Jacoby Brissett was signed by Patriots to be QB 1 this upcoming season. Drake Maye isn't going to play this year and if he happens to it will be towards end of season.

Joe Milton most likely makes practice squad.

Last year's struggles and underachieving has to rest on someone's shoulders. The fault is either with Milton or Heupel? After watching the bowl game, with Nico starting, I came to the conclusion that the struggles rest with Milton's limitations at being able to play the position.

Noticed how Harbaugh became a competent coach once Milton transferred to TN? Hoping the same thing will happen for Heupel this season.

Last year's struggles and underachieving has to rest on someone's shoulders. The fault is either with Milton or Heupel? After watching the bowl game, with Nico starting, I came to the conclusion that the struggles rest with Milton's limitations at being able to play the position.

Noticed how Harbaugh became a competent coach once Milton transferred to TN? Hoping the same thing will happen for Heupel this season.
If we're using the bowl game to come to the conclusion then what about the previous bowl game where Milton was MVP
Honestly I think last season pot of gumbo. I've stated Milton was the QB and the QB is the head of the team so they're going to always take the blame but Mays being out from the start, WR dropping passes that they should've caught, Bru getting hurt, Thorton at the end getting hurt when it looked like he turned the corner and yes Milton too threw some bad passes and I'm going to go ahead and put it out there but I also think not having Golesh hurt in play calling. Main game was that Bama game, we went in with a lead and Milton had thrown a TD right before the half so no reason to use the same confidence in Milton talk. 2nd half the Defense tucked tail and then the play calling on offense took a turn.

New season so Nico gets to show us what he's got. I will say the young WR we got some hungry and look to be ballers which will help.
I still don't won't Nico to do a lot of running and if he does I hope he doesn't do like Hooker tended to do and juke and not go down or OB when he should.

New season so Nico gets to show us what he's got. I will say the young WR we got some hungry and look to be ballers which will help.
I still don't won't Nico to do a lot of running and if he does I hope he doesn't do like Hooker tended to do and juke and not go down or OB when he should.
The reason I never block anyone is because even the most idiotic troll posts (like the one you replied to) occasionally open up worthy discussions.

I disagree with the bold, but agree with the rest. I think with guys like Dobbs & Hooker, if they don't utilize their natural talents, then their potential is artificially restricted. Hopefully Nico will have some kind of intangible like Dobbs and Hooker had that allows him to excel as a runner. Hooker was just so naturally elusive it seemed that other than a Bama cheapshot, nobody could ever get a solid hit on him. Dobbs seemed able to lean into impact and roll with the tackle to avoid taking damage, almost like a boxer slipping punches.
Or hell, maybe Nico fulfills his hype and shows off his million dollar arm so thoroughly that we never see him run again.

I know George MacIntyre isn't signed and on the roster until next year ...., but I haven't felt this much unbridled optimism about our QB room since going into the 94 season. Between the coaching and surrounding talent, I was sure at least one of the three would workout.

I think that similar to how Dobbs' appreciation has actually increased (IMHO) over time, the mouth breathing narrative that Milton held us back will fade.

Man you are gonna look dumb for saying this

I hope I'm wrong! The rumor was he played scared of contact was because he was playing with an injury. I'll always root for him, but when he ran out of bounds against Ole Miss as the time expired it showed his ceiling.

It was stupid. Penix will be great IMO. He's not waiting 4 years behind the likes of Cousins. The travesty of the Falcons stupidity is not drafting Penix. It's that they wasted that money and contract years on Cousins.
Only 2 are guaranteed.

Connor Stallions feeding Harbaugh the opponents' play calls in real time might have helped just a teensy bit more. Any of you who think he stopped just because he wasn't officially on staff, well, let's just say I have a New York bridge I can sell you.

VN Store

Back