Lane STILL WISHES he'd STAYED on Rocky Top!

It seems like a lot of folks think this but I don't know why. It would be a harder job than Ole Miss especially regarding the fan base and the administration. Gator fans are ruthless and I don't think Kiffin would gel at Florida. Just my 2 cents. But if he ends up there it will be fun beating him. GBO!!!

What makes you think we will EVER beat Fla? Hasn't it been like 104 years?

Not really. He regrets that life didn’t work out after leaving here. He was never going to be successful here long term. He’s matured a lot, got sober, he’s a much better coach now than he was then.
Agreed, he wouldn't have lasted here. Things really got messy for him...lost his wife, basically had to fire his dad, etc.

Vol Kiffin-love would be funny if it wasn't so asinine, self-depreciating and persistent. I assure you, with too many of our fans, it's love. Otherwise, they wouldn't be dragging him in here over and over.

Last edited:
Vol Kiffin-love would be funny if it wasn't so asinine, self-depreciating and persistent. I assure you, with too many of our fans, it's love. Otherwise, they wouldn't be dragging him in her over and over.
Lame Kitten will never have to be dragged into any female 💯

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Lane is very fortunate to have the Ole Miss job. None of the SEC elite teams would touch him with a 10-foot pole. It will be interesting to see how he and his former OC Jeff Lebby match up. Florida should have kept Dan Mullen but they have the quickest hook in the power 5.

Lane is very fortunate to have the Ole Miss job. None of the SEC elite teams would touch him with a 10-foot pole. It will be interesting to see how he and his former OC Jeff Lebby match up. Florida should have kept Dan Mullen but they have the quickest hook in the power 5.
Hold that thought. He has obviously matured a lot to him s credit. But is there any doubt we would have had a better decade of the 2010s had Pete Carroll not bolted when he did?

It seems like a lot of folks think this but I don't know why. It would be a harder job than Ole Miss especially regarding the fan base and the administration. Gator fans are ruthless and I don't think Kiffin would gel at Florida. Just my 2 cents. But if he ends up there it will be fun beating him. GBO!!!
Even if Florida hired Butch Jones I think it would be wise to stay in the wait and see camp in regards to that game until the hay was in the barn.

This is an old but interesting read on his recruiting after he was ousted at USC.

I think, had he stayed here, we would have been just a little better than USC during his time there. Seems he only had one good year in Southern Cal.

Lane Kiffin is human garbage. Any softening of sentiment for that fool is misplaced. He has demonstrated time and time again that he has zero care for anyone or anything beyond his own aggrandizement. Kiffin has no character. No integrity.

His continued social media trolling is yet more evidence (as if more was needed) that he has grown not at all as a person. He remains a petulant, self-serving megalomaniac. He might even be a sociopath.

Lane Kiffin deserves no sympathy and no quarter. Mercy is best saved for those who actually see the error of their ways, no matter how late. Kiffin is who he has always been.

He left us in the worst possible situation - and tried to do more damage on the way out as he tried to get recruits to not go to class the next day.

Some make all the excuses in the world for this clown: he left for his “dream job,” others would have done the same, etc. And yes, our AD played his part at the time. None of that should excuse the idiot who arguably did more than anyone else to set us on a path of 15 years wandering in the proverbial wilderness.

And I have zero reason to think his whole getting sober story is anything but a public image ploy. Kiffin has no capacity for true contrition or genuine introspection. The guy is a narcissist of the first order. That kind of thing doesn’t just go away. A mistake is one thing. Moral and ethical bankruptcy solidified in the dark hole where one’s character should be is quite another.

To h#ll with that guy.

Last edited:
Lane Kiffin is human garbage. Any softening of sentiment for that fool is misplaced. He has demonstrated time and time again that he has zero care for anyone or anything beyond his own aggrandizement. Kiffin has no character. No integrity.

His continued social media trolling is yet more evidence (as if more was needed) that he has grown not at all as a person. He remains a petulant, self-serving megalomaniac. He might even be a sociopath.

Lane Kiffin deserves no sympathy and no quarter. Mercy is best saved for those who actually see the error of their ways, no matter how late. Kiffin is who has always been.

He left us in the worst possible situation - and tried to do more damage on the way out as he tried to get recruits to not go to class the next day.

Some can make all the excuses for in the world for this clown: he left for his “dream job,” etc. And yes, our AD played his part at the time. None of that should excuse the idiot who arguably did more than anyone else to set us on a path of 15 years of wandering in the proverbial wilderness.

And I have zero reason to think his whole getting sober story is anything but a public image ploy. Kiffin has no capacity for true contrition or genuine introspection. The guy is a narcissist of the first order. That kind of thing doesn’t go away. A mistake is one thing. Moral and ethical bankruptcy solidified in the dark hole where one’s character should be is quite another.

To h#ll with that guy.
You wouldn’t happen to be Layla’s dad by any chance would you?

Seriously, I was going to try to dispute your post, but it’s hard to find anything to disagree with. Seems like OM would get tired of his flirting with his ex and putting out feelers for every job opening. Maybe he will change, but it seems unlikely.

Reactions: T_Vol376
He named his kid Knox after Knoxville. If he get's a baby mama, he should name the kid Ox.

Reactions: volfan567
You wouldn’t happen to be Layla’s dad by any chance would you?

Seriously, I was going to try to dispute your post, but it’s hard to find anything to disagree with. Seems like OM would get tired of his flirting with his ex and putting out feelers for every job opening. Maybe he will change, but it seems unlikely.

There are times when I almost get drawn into this whole revisionist rehabilitative nonsense regarding Kiffin, and then I realize that it’s just weakness.

Kiffin hasn’t changed - and he is never going to change. His “I got sober” crap is just a PR campaign. Narcissistic D-bags like him don’t change their stripes. He is an attention wh0re who would sell-out his mother to advance himself.

That’s why the Kiffin apologists amaze me with how they get taken-in and make excuses for everything he does (and did).

It was one of the biggest mistakes in program history to ever hire that scum (only the Pruitt hire rivals it), and we don’t want him back. Ever. No good-natured back-and-forth. He just needs to go away and remove him from college football like the puss-oozing canker that he is.

There are times when I almost get drawn into this whole revisionist rehabilitative nonsense regarding Kiffin, and then I realize that it’s just weakness.

Kiffin hasn’t changed - and he is never going to change. His “I got sober” crap is just a PR campaign. Narcissistic D-bags like him don’t change their stripes. He is an attention wh0re who would sell-out his mother to advance himself.

That’s why the Kiffin apologists amaze me with how they get taken-in and make excuses for everything he does (and did).

It was one of the biggest mistakes in program history to ever hire that scum (only the Pruitt hire rivals it), and we don’t want him back. Ever. No good-natured back-and-forth. He just needs to go away and remove him from college football like the puss-oozing canker that he is.
Feels like someone reached into my head and wrote what I was thinking

I don’t get the Kiffin love or the apologists that repeat as nauseum “he’s changed”

Nothing in his actions or history suggests anything of the sort. He still a troll that never seems to be able to back up what his mouth says. He’s a punk that has no respect for anyone or anything but what ever selfish desire he has.

The guy left us in the worst possible way and tried to make things even worse on his way out the door. I was a student on campus that night, no I did not participate in the mattress burning but walked around campus the next morning in a bit of a daze wondering what happened.

The only silver lining for me with Kiffin is that because of his actions I became the football fan I am today. Before him I was the typical girl that went to games but didn’t know squat except that when fans cheered it meant we did something good. Because of how he left before signing day and all the talk of what this would do to our recruiting class I started researching and paying attention and wound up falling in love with the sport.

So thanks Kiffin for that much but I hope the only time I see you again is watching my Vols beat the ever loving tar out of your cheating ass in Neyland and then you get left behind in the parking lot on the way back to Mississippi.

VN Store

Back