Latest Football Portal

So basically for once UT had the least amount of turnover of an SEC team with missou a close second. Everyone else lost 20-30+ players. Kinda wild. But our secondary lost like 8 guys not counting graduates. I think the turnover there is the story of this season. The offense will be good at worst. The Dline same story. We have no idea what the secondary will be.

Is it just the VFL homer in me or did Georgia lose a decent amount of highly rated talent? Alabama and Florida too but those were expected.

My God man, please tell me you are a retired spreadsheet wonderkid cuz that had to take at least like what, 15 minutes to produce...????!!!!

Appreciate the effort and you win most time dedicated to creation of a thread this week. Freak - what does he win????

My God man, please tell me you are a retired spreadsheet wonderkid cuz that had to take at least like what, 15 minutes to produce...????!!!!

Appreciate the effort and you win most time dedicated to creation of a thread this week. Freak - what does he win????

Retired in 2013. Been keeping data such as this since early 2000's. Its really helpful now as it keeps my brain functioning. LOL

Here is my drive with a few other spreadsheets.

Always interesting to see where transfers go to, it's a good indication of their quality, or lack thereof.

Is it just the VFL homer in me or did Georgia lose a decent amount of highly rated talent? Alabama and Florida too but those were expected.
I practice law with 2 Georgia grads and they are super into their program and I gather from them that the main ones that they didn't really want to lose or expect to lose were Dumas-Johnson the linebacker who started for 2 years but was getting pushed by some youngsters (but they'd have like to have kept him) and Marvin Jones, Jr. an outside linebacker/edge player who went to Florida State. That's Shadetree Jones' boy and he's got talent. Most of the rest were mostly guys that couldn't win starting jobs or who couldn't get on the field at all. Good players, and good adds for a lot of teams but not really people Georgia is going to miss a great deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
I practice law with 2 Georgia grads and they are super into their program and I gather from them that the main ones that they didn't really want to lose or expect to lose were Dumas-Johnson the linebacker who started for 2 years but was getting pushed by some youngsters (but they'd have like to have kept him) and Marvin Jones, Jr. an outside linebacker/edge player who went to Florida State. That's Shadetree Jones' boy and he's got talent. Most of the rest were mostly guys that couldn't win starting jobs or who get on the field at all. Good players, and good adds for a lot of teams but not really people Georgia is going to miss a great deal.
26 players still seems like a pretty high number to me but maybe that's going to be par for the course now in the transfer portal era. Also, I thought Nyland Green was high on their list to keep? I vaguely recall some reaction to that one early in the year, but maybe he didn't play much for them anyway.

26 players still seems like a pretty high number to me but maybe that's going to be par for the course now in the transfer portal era. Also, I thought Nyland Green was high on their list to keep? I vaguely recall some reaction to that one early in the year, but maybe he didn't play much for them anyway.

I said a month ago if nothing changes in the next two years, 25-35 transfers per team would be normal. I was wrong. Many teams already there and I expect that to double next year.

Professional players would love to have this.

If you look at the numbers in the conference it sort of does look to be in the middle as far as attrition. Green was highly recruited but was buried on their depth chart.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
I said a month ago if nothing changes in the next two years, 25-35 transfers per team would be normal. I was wrong. Many teams already there and I expect that to double next year.

Professional players would love to have this.
If Josh Pate is right it's all about to change, any day now.

If Josh Pate is right it's all about to change, any day now.

It's a long way from change.

If this committee/ NCAA come up with something different, then state legislation in every state is will have to be change to accommodate. That will take months and will they all still be different.? If so, will suggestions by committee be workable?

Will the new align with title IX?

Will the new align with non-revenue programs?

It will still be years for everything to settle.

Jmo

Reactions: SmokinBob
We had 8 DBs out and 3 in. Plus Hadden to the Chiefs. Oof.

That’s the one position of real concern.

It's a long way from change.

If this committee/ NCAA come up with something different, then state legislation in every state is will have to be change to accommodate. That will take months and will they all still be different.? If so, will suggestions by committee be workable?

Will the new align with title IX?

Will the new align with non-revenue programs?

It will still be years for everything to settle.

Jmo
You are probably right. I haven't read much about the "settlement" so I don't know what all it entails. I have been in the camp that Congress is the only one with the power to fix everything. I don't have alot of confidence in Congress having the wherewithal to do so but they have the power to carve out an exception to the Antitrust laws and preempt State law.

Reactions: LWSVOL

VN Store

Back