'25 NC DL Isaiah Campbell

“I loved Rocky Top today,” Campbell said following the visit. “I loved the atmosphere and the community and all of the people. I just really liked Rocky Top, man. This being my first visit, it made a great impression on me.” “I would say the stadium and the atmosphere, but the community as well,” the four-star said of what stood out. “The fans were awesome. Them knowing the songs and stuff like that. They always were into the game, and then they always sing songs going into the fourth quarter, so I thought all of that was pretty cool.”
“I really liked the way they played,” Campbell said about Rodney Garner’s unit. “They were aggressive off the ball and attacking. They used their hands. They were very aggressive holding the point of contact. They had multiple sacks. They did a great job of setting the line of scrimmage. They did a great job all night and impressed me.”
“I talked to coach Chop, the defensive line coach, Coach Garner, and the defensive coordinator,” Campbell said of this. “I had good conversation with them and they made a good impression on me.” “I have a whole lot of interest in Rocky Top after this visit, I would say,” the top-100 prospect said. “I definitely plan to visit again.”
-VQ

In making several calls this week, it feels like the 865Live event at the end of the month is set up to be a big one. One name that could be in town for that event and also back for an official visit in June is current Clemson commit Isaiah Campbell. We know Clemson doesn’t let their commits take visits but we believe he plans on taking trips to Tennessee, UNC and Florida State which could mean he is close to opening things back up.
-VQ

Can we get Jaylen Wright on the phone w/ this kid? Same high school. Why go to Clemson, FSU or UNC when you don’t even know what conference you’re going to be in next year? You want to be in Tally or Auburn w/ a pond and traveling to Eugene to see your son play? No. Do you want to go “sleeping giant U” in Chapel Hill? No. Just have Wright give him a call and let him know what’s up.

Can we get Jaylen Wright on the phone w/ this kid? Same high school. Why go to Clemson, FSU or UNC when you don’t even know what conference you’re going to be in next year? You want to be in Tally or Auburn w/ a pond and traveling to Eugene to see your son play? No. Do you want to go “sleeping giant U” in Chapel Hill? No. Just have Wright give him a call and let him know what’s up.
The fact he is visiting tells me he is no longer a commit to Clemson based on their own policy..

I thought Jalen Wright went to Jordan High School. Am I remembering that wrong?

I thought Jalen Wright went to Jordan High School. Am I remembering that wrong?
He went to Southern. CE Jordan High School is not known for their football so much . We used to schedule them for homecoming when I was in high school.

He went to Southern. CE Jordan High School is not known for their football so much . We used to schedule them for homecoming when I was in high school.
Okay. Fair enough. For some reason, I thought I remembered him going to Jordan. Jordan was horrible in football was I was in high school, too, but that was a long damn time ago. Also, not having a good football program doesn't mean you can't have one elite player. An example is that when I was in school at Northern High School, Rodney Rogers played football and basketball at Hillside High School in Durham. They sucked at football too, but Rodney didn't. The fact of the matter is that Southern wasn't particularly strong at football when I was there either. Like I said though, that was a long time ago. Things change.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Okay. Fair enough. For some reason, I thought I remembered him going to Jordan. Jordan was horrible in football was I was in high school, too, but that was a long damn time ago. Also, not having a good football program doesn't mean you can't have one elite player. An example is that when I was in school at Northern High School, Rodney Rogers played football and basketball at Hillside High School in Durham. They sucked at football too, but Rodney didn't. The fact of the matter is that Southern wasn't particularly strong at football when I was there either. Like I said though, that was a long time ago. Things change.
Very true. I had forgotten you went to Northern . You guys were a football factory to UNC back in the day. Rodney Rogers was a great basketball player. I always wondered how he got away from the Triangle and went to Wake. It’s a real tragedy what happened to him.

Very true. I had forgotten you went to Northern . You guys were a football factory to UNC back in the day. Rodney Rogers was a great basketball player. I always wondered how he got away from the Triangle and went to Wake. It’s a real tragedy what happened to him.
I didn't even know about his dirt bike accident until just now. That's sad. I bumped into him at a gas station in Phoenix back around 2001 when he was playing for the Suns. He seemed to be a really nice guy.

VN Store

Back