Paramount+

Ugh… I hate the push for R rated versions. People like to say the original comics were R rated but those people never actually read them. Those books would have been Comics Code Approved had they been submitted.

My kids love Turtles but I’m not gonna take them to something that is gratuitously violent just for the sake of it.

Ugh… I hate the push for R rated versions. People like to say the original comics were R rated but those people never actually read them. Those books would have been Comics Code Approved had they been submitted.

My kids love Turtles but I’m not gonna take them to something that is gratuitously violent just for the sake of it.
I agree, however they could still go PG-13 and go back to a more gritty take along the lines of original 1990 film.

Reactions: BenGrimm

I think the original graphic novels were incredibly violent and had lots of swearing. Something like this I can somewhat understand. The R-Rated Scooby stuff doesn’t make any sense.

Reactions: dalton_vol
I think the original graphic novels were incredibly violent and had lots of swearing. Something like this I can somewhat understand. The R-Rated Scooby stuff doesn’t make any sense.

No they didn’t. “Damn” was the most swearing you would find in the early TMNT.

Were they more violent than the cartoon? Sure…. Were they more violent than the 80s Frank Miller stuff they were modeled after? No not really.

The most graphic thing was Leonardo decapitating Shredder. Even it was done in a very subtle, almost bloodless way.

IMG_5140.jpeg

Marvel even optioned Eastman and Laird to publish it for them but wanted some of the long term rights that E and L weren’t willing to give up.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
A couple of nights ago I finally brought myself to watching "Mutant Mayhem".

I just don't understand the love it got. 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back