Potpourri

I love to hear that. Maine is a great place to live (and I did actually live there for a bit when I first got out of college). Now I take a "work-cation" there every year for two weeks in June. Just love it.
I don’t know much about Maine, other than I walked to it last summer. Was glad when I got to the top of Mount Katadin because it meant that it was time to go home. Finally.

Gamecocks just won another natty but this time it's ice hockey. I understand this is the first time a college team from the south has ever won one.
And as hot as it is in Columbia that is quite an accomplishment. Sherman burned us in 1865 and we're still smoldering.

Not WBB related, sorry for the reprise…as a fan of SC WBB I was listening tonight to probably the best SC band ever, from Spartanburg….enjoy if you like Southern Rock music…

The real Marshall Tucker who rented a studio where the band practiced was a blind piano tuner in Spartanburg and later Columbia. My brother also tuned pianos when he was a student at SC and knew Marshall well. Marshall passed away at age 99 in 2023.

What are you the Recruiting Police? People post their opinion like that all the time. Relax, if she comes, great, if she don't, that'll be fine too.

Today, yes, I guess I am. It’s fine to speculate. It is not ok to post something as fact with no support. Especially as it relates to recruiting. Posters take things like that and run with it when it is not accurate.

Unless anything has been made official please do not post garbage like this. Post the link or delete your post.
I’m not crazy about the idea of kids holding programs hostage for more money. Negotiating is one thing, leading someone on, making promises/commitments and then going back on your word is totally different.

What a two-faced approach! First you spew a load of speculation without an iota of evidence, maligning a young lady, and then you demand proof because another person posted something without citing “official” sources. Where in hell are the official sources for your calumnies?

Today, yes, I guess I am. It’s fine to speculate. It is not ok to post something as fact with no support. Especially as it relates to recruiting. Posters take things like that and run with it when it is not accurate.
Exactly. Huge difference between “xxxxx is a Lady Vol!” and “I think xxxxx is a Lady Vol!”

What a two-faced approach! First you spew a load of speculation without an iota of evidence, maligning a young lady, and then you demand proof because another person posted something without citing “official” sources. Where in hell are the official sources for your calumnies?

You sound like a retired school teacher.

You sound like a retired school teacher.
That is a splendid example of ducking, dodging and deflecting. Is that the preferred approach when one lacks a cogent rebuttal?

You posted speculative garbage, impugning the character of a young lady most here would like to see joining the Lady Vols. If you will recall the Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954, there was a question from Army lawyer Joseph Welch that seems apropos. “Have you no sense of decency?”

Calm down. speaking things into existence

That is a splendid example of ducking, dodging and deflecting. Is that the preferred approach when one lacks a cogent rebuttal?

You posted speculative garbage, impugning the character of a young lady most here would like to see joining the Lady Vols. If you will recall the Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954, there was a question from Army lawyer Joseph Welch that seems apropos. “Have you no sense of decency?”

I just don’t have any desire to fight with you, no rebuttal necessary. You’re entitled to your opinion. I’m entitled to respond as I see fit.

Calumnies.....WOW !!!

Word of the day!!! Calumnies!! Excellent! Name the Broadway musical whose score includes calumnies!

Calumnies.....WOW !!!

No, despite the rumors, The Calumnies are not an archipelago off the coast of Maine, inhabited by LV BB fans and an uncommonly belicose breed of hares and sundry marsupials.
@Rooster1 can confirm this.

calumny /kăl′əm-nē/

noun​

1. A false statement maliciously made to injure another's reputation.
  2. The utterance of maliciously false statements; slander.
  3. False accusation of a crime or offense, maliciously made or reported, to the injury of another; malicious misrepresentation; slander; detraction.
    Similar: slanderdetraction
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition

VN Store

Back