Robin Villeneuve

Volz865

Anybody know what happened to him? He doesn’t even play in midweek games. We are DHing Bradke Lohry today. Sure would be nice to have him in there.

Has as good of power potential as anyone on the team…but strikes out almost half his AB’s….just needs to put the ball in play more consistently..
Agreed. He went from hitting in the top of the order to not playing at all. You’d think they would give him at bats in the midweek.

Actually he is. BA .311 to Chapman .338. OPS 1.011 to Chapman 1.038. But semantics.
Ehhh wrong Chapman now batting .310 so his average dropped 27 points in one day.. but I just feel like Colby was the guy we needed in there

Our K's do seem to be on the rise. Talking with a great baseball mind last night and we both agreed the Vols need to be more aggressive earlier in the count...especially the back side of our lineup. I'm sure TV has discussed that, but it must be frustrating to see them keep get in the hole 1-2 or 0-2 and strike out on the pitchers pitch (usually something off speed out of the zone). A team can kinda work around it but when runners on base it simply takes runs off the board.

Our K's do seem to be on the rise. Talking with a great baseball mind last night and we both agreed the Vols need to be more aggressive earlier in the count...especially the back side of our lineup. I'm sure TV has discussed that, but it must be frustrating to see them keep get in the hole 1-2 or 0-2 and strike out on the pitchers pitch (usually something off speed out of the zone). A team can kinda work around it but when runners on base it simply takes runs off the board.
Unless they’re trying to get the pitch count up which is exactly what they did last night. We been pretty good lately with 2 strikes.

Unless they’re trying to get the pitch count up which is exactly what they did last night. We been pretty good lately with 2 strikes.
Yeah I agree. But getting the pitch count up IMO can be accomplished in other ways. Never should get yourself 0-2 in the count to get the pitch count up. Actually it’s mostly our 6-9 hitters doing it. If a fast ball is in the middle of the zone for CMo, Burke, or Amick…they better be swinging (which they are)

VN Store

Back