1...........Texas A&M
...........Kentucky
...........Arkansas
4...........Clemson
5...........Georgia
6...........North Carolina
7...........Florida State
8...........Tennessee
9...........Indiana State (+1 Since Mon)
10........East Carolina (-1)
11........Wake Forest
12........Alabama (+2)
13........Virginia (-1)
14........South Carolina (-1)
15........Oregon State
16.........UC Santa Barbara
17.........Oklahoma
18.........Duke (+4)
19.........Mississippi State (-1)
20.........Dallas Baptist
21.........Oklahoma State (+3)
22.........Vanderbilt (+4)
23........Florida
24........Nebraska (-3)
25........Ole Miss

........LSU (-1)
45........Auburn (+4)
94........Missouri

Duke took a big jump because of their big win at East Carolina last night. Up 4 spots
Vanderbilt's win over Louisville looked similarly impressive to the computers as well . Also up 4 spots
The Kennesaw/Mercer game last night had big effects on both teams . KSU fell 6 spots to 88 and Mercer leapt 4 spots to 90
Purdue leapt up 8 spots oddly for a win over UIC. Not sure why as UIC was only 73 but now down 6 spots themselves
NC State fell 7 spots to #26 after WINNING. Albeit beating Norfolk State (#301) 18-0
Northeastern crushed Uconn and jumped 5 spots to 34.

By the way, Maryland Eastern Shore is a winless 0-42 and 0-24 in Northeast Conference and sits at RPI #304. But still ranked higher than Ark. Pine Bluff at 305 (8-31 | 5-17 SWAC)
the "Shore Hawks" have played no Q1 or Q2 games. The highest RPI teams they've played is #144 NCA&T and #153 Austin Peay. They've veen run ruled 10 times but have also lost 2 extra inning games to Long Island and the aforementioned Norfolk State.

Ark-PB is lower because their schedule is softer. They played 1 game in Q1 (Arkansas) but they've played 6 games against non-Div 1 schools. These 6 wins are not included in their RPI count. and they run ruled all 6 games against the NAIA opponents. Both schools are well under 1,000 students.

Reactions: vol66
Speaking of RPI

A deep dive on #8 Tennessee's numbers on WarrenNolan.com

Q1 11-8
Q2 6-0
Q3 8-0
Q4 15-1

RPI 8
Non Conf RPI 18
SOS 31
Non-Conf SOS 163
7 remaining games against 22-157 -14

Warren's computer now predicts Tennessee will sweep those 7 games

Vanderbilt 10-5 | 10-3 | 8-2
Belmont 10-5
South Carolina 7-2 | 7-6 | 9-3

This sounds like it would bump up the RPI but the numbers indicate a final RPI of 7

Tennessee sits 23 RPI points behind#7 Florida State and 94 points ahead of #9 Indiana State

Best Win? 2 wins over #2 Kentucky
Worst loss? Duh Lipscomb #188 (they are now 196)
By the way. The Bisons have won 6 of their last 7 games but the RPI has improved little because the last 3 wins were against #227 Central Ark (2-1) and #228 MTSU
Best Losses? : 1 to UK, 1 to UGA (#6) and to OK (14)
Worst Win? : #297 Bellarmine | #295 AL A&M | #278 Queens | #271 EKU

#17 Oklahoma's rather surprise season has helped Tennessee greatly. After beating Tennessee, the Sooners got to #10. But fell to #100 two weeks later. They've been ranked by D1 and Coaches polls the last three weeks and they're predicted to finish at #15
#57 Illinois has done relatively well after facing Tennessee as well. Illini were #45 at time. But they have been slowly climbing since conference play started at have a final predicted RPI of 48 . They are actually first place in the Big10 by 1 game over media darling Nebraska. Maryland's RPI is 36 but they sit in 8th place at 10-11. Illinois Q1 record is their main boat anchor at 4-10. They are 1-1 against Indiana State. They have limited their "bad losses" especially out-of-conference with single losses to Southern Indiana and Akron.
#55 ETSU has been inching up the list as well . Their low was 106 in week 8 . They've won 10 of 13 including 2 wins at Purdue. Their 3 losses have been to #13 SoCar, #72 Appy State, & 1 to Purdue. The Bucs are 20-1 against Q4 as they lost finale to #207 Villanova.

Reactions: VolGirl81 and vol66
Speaking of RPI

A deep dive on #8 Tennessee's numbers on WarrenNolan.com

Q1 11-8
Q2 6-0
Q3 8-0
Q4 15-1

RPI 8
Non Conf RPI 18
SOS 31
Non-Conf SOS 163
7 remaining games against 22-157 -14

Warren's computer now predicts Tennessee will sweep those 7 games

Vanderbilt 10-5 | 10-3 | 8-2
Belmont 10-5
South Carolina 7-2 | 7-6 | 9-3

This sounds like it would bump up the RPI but the numbers indicate a final RPI of 7

Tennessee sits 23 RPI points behind#7 Florida State and 94 points ahead of #9 Indiana State

Best Win? 2 wins over #2 Kentucky
Worst loss? Duh Lipscomb #188 (they are now 196)
By the way. The Bisons have won 6 of their last 7 games but the RPI has improved little because the last 3 wins were against #227 Central Ark (2-1) and #228 MTSU
Best Losses? : 1 to UK, 1 to UGA (#6) and to OK (14)
Worst Win? : #297 Bellarmine | #295 AL A&M | #278 Queens | #271 EKU

#17 Oklahoma's rather surprise season has helped Tennessee greatly. After beating Tennessee, the Sooners got to #10. But fell to #100 two weeks later. They've been ranked by D1 and Coaches polls the last three weeks and they're predicted to finish at #15
#57 Illinois has done relatively well after facing Tennessee as well. Illini were #45 at time. But they have been slowly climbing since conference play started at have a final predicted RPI of 48 . They are actually first place in the Big10 by 1 game over media darling Nebraska. Maryland's RPI is 36 but they sit in 8th place at 10-11. Illinois Q1 record is their main boat anchor at 4-10. They are 1-1 against Indiana State. They have limited their "bad losses" especially out-of-conference with single losses to Southern Indiana and Akron.
#55 ETSU has been inching up the list as well . Their low was 106 in week 8 . They've won 10 of 13 including 2 wins at Purdue. Their 3 losses have been to #13 SoCar, #72 Appy State, & 1 to Purdue. The Bucs are 20-1 against Q4 as they lost finale to #207 Villanova.

If you’re up for it, how many teams in the last few years, that didn’t win their conference outright, (we are 1 game behind UK), and didn’t finish Top 1-2, in RPI have been the number 1 overall seed?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If you’re up for it, how many teams in the last few years, that didn’t win their conference outright, (we are 1 game behind UK), and didn’t finish Top 1-2, in RPI have been the number 1 overall seed?
I'm guessing none, but I'll look into it.

But we all have to admit. At not point has UK looked like the best team in America. The staff does well in playing with RPI numbers _Bruce Pearl did the same while at UT. But they simply don't pitch or hit well enough for anyone to be afraid of.

I think Florida will beat the twice and it may be a moot point.

Was not as hard as I thought.

There's only been #1 seeds since 1999 and only won has won the CWS. That was Miami in the first year-1999.

Only two teams have been named the #1 national seed without wining the conference. Both the same league and both the same team.

Florida 2012 and 2016. However, it appears Florida was #1 RPI both seasons and at least no lower than 2

Florida finished 2nd in the SEC East behind South Carolina by 1/2 game and 3rd overall as LSU was ahead of SC by another 1/2 game .
Florid was the 3rd seed in SEC tourney that was was won by 9seed Miss State.
Florida lost their first two games in Omaha to South Carolina and Kent State- Arizona won the title
At the End of the SEC tournament- my research shows Florida may have been #1 RPI and finished #2 behind UCLA

Florida again finished 2nd in east behind SC and 4th overall. Miss State was overall champion and Texas A&M finished 1/2 game ahead of Fla for 3rd.
Florida was the 4th Seed and lost to 3 seed Texas A&M in the final game.
Florida again lost their first two games in Omaha to Coastal Carolina (the eventual champs) and to Texas Tech
Florida did move ahead of Louisville to #1 in the RPI after the SEC tourney. They had been #1 for most of the season and actually finished #1

Was not as hard as I thought.

There's only been #1 seeds since 1999 and only won has won the CWS. That was Miami in the first year-1999.

Only two teams have been named the #1 national seed without wining the conference. Both the same league and both the same team.

Florida 2012 and 2016. However, it appears Florida was #1 RPI both seasons and at least no lower than 2

Florida finished 2nd in the SEC East behind South Carolina by 1/2 game and 3rd overall as LSU was ahead of SC by another 1/2 game .
Florid was the 3rd seed in SEC tourney that was was won by 9seed Miss State.
Florida lost their first two games in Omaha to South Carolina and Kent State- Arizona won the title
At the End of the SEC tournament- my research shows Florida may have been #1 RPI and finished #2 behind UCLA

Florida again finished 2nd in east behind SC and 4th overall. Miss State was overall champion and Texas A&M finished 1/2 game ahead of Fla for 3rd.
Florida was the 4th Seed and lost to 3 seed Texas A&M in the final game.
Florida again lost their first two games in Omaha to Coastal Carolina (the eventual champs) and to Texas Tech
Florida did move ahead of Louisville to #1 in the RPI after the SEC tourney. They had been #1 for most of the season and actually finished #1

Thanks! That’s kinda where I was going. I think lots of folks are gonna be saying we’re #1 in the country and we aren’t the overall one seed?

There’s still a chance to win the conference and a series win versus SC might help the RPI, not sure if would help enough.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks! That’s kinda where I was going. I think lots of folks are gonna be saying we’re #1 in the country and we aren’t the overall one seed?

There’s still a chance to win the conference and a series win versus SC might help the RPI, not sure if would help enough.
I don't think Tennessee gets the #1 seed unless they win season and tourney titles.
I don't want the #1 seed.

I still can't fathom giving the #1 seed to Kentucky. They put up the gaudy record against a rather soft SEC schedule -especially early on. They lost a series to Kennesaw- a series, not a game; and they only thing they excel out is skit comedy routines.

I don't think Tennessee gets the #1 seed unless they win season and tourney titles.

I still can't fathom giving the #1 seed to Kentucky. They put up the gaudy record against a rather soft SEC schedule -especially early on. They lost a series to Kennesaw- a series, not a game; and they only thing they excel out is skit comedy routines.
I just don’t see it happening. They would prefer to give the #1 seed to Tennessee, Arkansas, A&M, or Clemson before Kentucky imo.

I just don’t see it happening. They would prefer to give the #1 seed to Tennessee, Arkansas, A&M, or Clemson before Kentucky imo.
I wonder what precedent there is for #1 ranked team being down at 8, 9, 10 in rpi and this not getting #1 seed.

If you win the conference regular season, which UK can and you are 1 or 2 in RPI, traditionally you get it and that’s where they sit. Still games to be played, we’ll see how it shakes out.

If you win the conference regular season, which UK can and you are 1 or 2 in RPI, traditionally you get it and that’s where they sit. Still games to be played, we’ll see how it shakes out.

The committee promised to lessen the use of RPI this seasons. But they've promised that before. But if that's true, UK staff has built the church upon the RPI rock. UK has 10 lesses and 35 wins. I'm not sure why they've played 45 games to nearly everyone else having 49. They had a single game cancelled this weeks and 1 game postponed against Louisville that I believe they made up. The Cats have a ugly series loss to Kennesaw. They were beat by Samford- an ok team, They were beat by a bad Wash State team. Tennessee should have swept them at home.

D1 has Diamond Sports Ranking

And on that system, Tennessee is #2 behind A&M with Kentucky #4

Warren Nolan as ELO Rankings

Which also has Tennessee at #2, A&M at #1 and Kentucky at #4 behind Arkansas

I stated this earlier in several posts but I want to stress it again.

This weekend, we have a chance to stick a lance in the dragon- or boil; that is Vanderbilt baseball. The players should know this as this is a sizable legacy they could leave the program. I believe the coaches -on both sides, sense this. Vanderbilt is not only thrashing a bit this season; but the all the wheels are wobbling on the program as a whole.

Their past advantages have now been negated, at least for the top tier talent due to NIL
Their coach has been revealed as a complete jackass for actions over recent seasons.
Their school has not really rewarded their program with better facilities. They just occasionally throw up new sections of aluminum hear and there.

I suspect Corbin will be act the clown and do anything possible to win these games, when the best thing he could do would be to sit down a shut up.

I think their staff and supporters have been planting seeds about illegal bats.
But let's remember JD Thompson and remember that their pitching has seemingly fallen apart since Thompson was ejected. And Thompson is just a mid-level guy in their staff.

Sure, their 12 fans will say it was a misunderstanding.

Let's look at Thompson's stats since.

Tenn Tech 2 inn 3H 1R 1ER 1 BB 1WP 10 batters 4.50 ERA
@Georgia 2inn 5H 5R 5ER 3BB 1HBP 14 batters 22.5 ERA

Before Sunscreengate

@TAMU 1.1 inn 0 H 0 R 0 ER 2 BB 5 batters
Florida 3.2 inn 4H 1R 1ER 2BB 15Batters 2.45 ERA (before ejection of course)

Since that Florida loss in game 3.; Vanderbilt is 4-5

* Beat RPI# 268 UT-Martin 4-5 on a walk off homer after blowing a 4-1 lead
* Series loss at home to Miss State 0-4 | 4-7 | 7-8
* Swept badly at UGA 0-10 | 4-14 | 7-11
* Beat RPI #57 Louisville 2-4. Louisville had bases loaded and already scored 1 run in 9th. Vandy pitchers hit 2 batters, gave up a single, a home run a passed ball as the game ended on a dubious
Strike 3 call on 2-2 count. Vandy used 6 pitchers. In the 5th inning this is how Vandy Scored 2 runs. 1 was scored as "earned"
catcher's interference
Sac Bunt
Wild pitch
Walk
Stolen Base and E2 _ run
Sac Hit to 2b - run
There was technically only 1 error and 1 unearned run. But that's semantics as the first run was scored on the back of the CI and Wild pitch as much as the E2.
Louisville outhit Vandy 6-5. Louisville used 9 pitchers and pitched VU even.

Vandy is a team begging to be "finished"
Vandy a program begging to be "finished"
Corbin is a jackass coach trying to get out while the getting's good.

LET'S GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT AND DESERVE!

How can we say it’s soft when they will have played literally everyone we’ve played except swap LSU for us with Arkansas for them? Which is a tougher opponent and we both got them at home. They got their 4 toughest opponents at home (Arky, UT, Vandy and UGA) whereas we played 2 of those on the road so we can call it “softer” from that standpoint but just straight up opponents they get the edge in quality of teams.

How can we say it’s soft when they will have played literally everyone we’ve played except swap LSU for us with Arkansas for them? Which is a tougher opponent and we both got them at home. They got their 4 toughest opponents at home (Arky, UT, Vandy and UGA) whereas we played 2 of those on the road so we can call it “softer” from that standpoint but just straight up opponents they get the edge in quality of teams.
Because we also had a soft schedule for Sec purposes. Missing out on Ark, MsSt, and A&M was advantageous. There is no easy schedule in the Sec but some are def more manageable than others.

Just found a website with KPI rankings

1.......Kentucky
2.......Tennessee
3.......Texas A&M
4.......Arkansas
5.......Clemson
6.......Georgia
7.......North Carolina
8.......Florida State
9.......Wake Forest
10.....Mississippi State
11.....Virginia