The Official Lipscomb @ Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. April 30th 6PM EST SECNET+)

We flirted with disaster all series against Mizzou. We hadn’t been playing well lately so a loss like this was bound to catch up to us. Most important thing now is just for this to motivate the team, get them angry, and get things back on track. A loss like this can be a good thing if it helps the team reset and get that hunger back that seemed to be missing for a few games.
I agree. And I'm not saying anyone has done it yet but whoever wants to freak out over this loss needs to get some sleep lol. We had about 7 pitchers that didn't play tonight that was better than any of the guys that played today. Bats are definitely in a funk but they will get back to it soon.

I agree. And I'm not saying anyone has done it yet but whoever wants to freak out over this loss needs to get some sleep lol. We had about 7 pitchers that didn't play tonight that was better than any of the guys that played today. Bats are definitely in a funk but they will get back to it soon.
Nevertheless, the BVS Hotline has been reopened... "Caller #8, you're next in line. Please turn down your radio and set down your hacksaw."

Anyone hear about this? Think it's legit? Hope it's Corbin. 😂

(Tell me if this should be moved to the Dugout thread.)

Remember when they would live interview him in the dugout and his team would always get scored on and give up homeruns…he was pure comic gold during that stuff!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was at the game tonight. Beautiful weather for baseball. Yes that game sucked. It is almost like this team is bored right now. They know what they can do and they need the big competition now. I didn't see much urgency. The dugout got louder as the game went on. So many balls just died in the outfield at the warning track. Every time that happened it seemed to suck the life out of the team and stadium. The guys were definitely swinging for the home run. The pitching was... well I am going to move on. The ump had a very tall stroke zone and he liked the left edge of the plate by the right handers batting box. Are guys were not happy about it and I think it got in their heads. Then they had bad counts and the rest is history.

I'm glad there is a game Thursday. I hope to shake this off sooner than later.

I look at it like this…we’re in the hunt with 3 weeks to go. We took one on the chin tonight, make no mistake, it might sting a little. However, a wake up call at the right time can be a real eye opener. We go into this weekend knowing what’s up, what’s out there. We Are Alright!!!

GBO!!!

I could only catch bits and pieces of the game as my employer dropped a huge bomb on my desk at about 5:15 pm that I'm still sorting out.

WE were overdue for a midweek game like this.

Vols dropped 3 spots in RPI as you would expect. Win the Fla Series and we will be back where we were.

After Friday game, it appears the batters turned on the "cruise control" switch. Lipscomb was more experienced than Missouri and played better- at least at the plate. Some of the Bison's fielding left a lot to be desired. Lipscomb were coming off their best weekend of the seasons. I can't believe I saw so many hit balls die at the track and the wall as I did. And I only watched about 9 at bats.

We'll be fine. Thursday night be important. Piece together some strong pitching as we may put UF behind the 8-ball going into Cag's game on Sunday. Lose the series and we'll likely fall out of top-8. Win the series and we'll likely stay at about 3 or 4.

As debated earlier this team has to start getting the two out hit or they will not go far come tournament time. They had every chance, I think in the bottom of the 7th, when they got bases loaded with no outs and only scored one run. Losing a mid-week game is not the end of the world but they have to learn from it and hopefully get better to make a run come tournament time.

As debated earlier this team has to start getting the two out hit or they will not go far come tournament time. They had every chance, I think in the bottom of the 7th, when they got bases loaded with no outs and only scored one run. Losing a mid-week game is not the end of the world but they have to learn from it and hopefully get better to make a run come tournament time.
Situational hitting is what it is all about come tournament time

Disappointing loss but it doesn’t mean a whole heck of a lot. I don’t see it as indicative in any way. Baseball is just weird sometimes. Tip of the hat to Lipscomb. Lets get ready for Thursday.

In the last three games, the Vols faced the crummiest pitching they will see all year. Their bats were as dead as a doornail. I hope this is not the start of a trend.

In the last three games, the Vols faced the crummiest pitching they will see all year. Their bats were as dead as a doornail. I hope this is not the start of a trend.
It certainly wasn't the offensive explosion we expect but we did score 6 runs on 10 hits. You don't win many games that you give up 9 runs.

This game means nothing. Beat Gators.

Many do not understand that hitting slower bad pitching is a lot harder than faster pitching. I've never understood it but it is a reality. It seems that you should hit slower pitching better but timing is hard.
Good players hit good pitching
Crappy players hit crappy pitching

This guy loves when you respond to him, so don’t feed the troll. He is a jerk for continuing to break the forum rules, I know it’s frustrating.

I wasn't following the thread last night and am just now reading this.

Posts have been removed so can't see who the offender was.

Have a couple of guesses.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back