The Official Queens @ #1 Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. May 7th 6PM EST SECNET+)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
Queens Royals
(12-36) Overall (8-16) ASUN

1714889973536.jpeg
@
#1 Tennessee Volunteers
(39-9) Overall (17-7) SEC
1714890130274.jpeg

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Top-ranked Tennessee hosts Queens University of Charlotte on Tuesday evening at Lindsey Nelson Stadium for its lone home game this week before hitting the road for another conference road series this weekend. The Volunteers rose to No. 1 in all major polls this week after a series win on the road at Florida over the weekend, capping the series with a dominant 16-3 run-rule victory over the Gators in Saturday's rubber game.

BROADCAST INFO

Tuesday's game will be streamed live on SEC Network+ and the ESPN app as Zack Nelson (PxP) and Caylan Arnold (analyst) will be on the call.

Fans can also listen to John Wilkerson and Vine Ferrara call the action on the Vol Network (FM 99.1/AM 990). A free audio stream will also be available on UTSports.com, the Tennessee Athletics App and the Varsity App.

SERIES HISTORY

Overall: First Meeting
in Knoxville: N/A
in Charlotte: N/A
at Neutral Sites: N/A
Last Meeting: N/A

NOTABLE

Another Strong Week for Pitching Staff
UT's pitching staff is coming off another impressive weekend where it allowed just seven earned runs at Florida to help lead the Vols to their fourth consecutive series win in Gainesville. Over the past two series, Tennessee's pitchers have posted a 2.12 ERA and 53 strikeouts compared to just 11 walks in 51.0 innings of work.

Vols Rise to No. 1
The Vols rose to No. 1 in all of the major polls this week, marking their first No. 1 ranking since June 6, 2022, when Tennessee was the unanimous top ranked team in the country for the 10th week during that season. The Big Orange have now been ranked No. 1 in at least one poll during 13 different weeks in program history, all of which have occurred during the Tony Vitello era (2018-present).

Moore Making a Case for SEC Player of the Year
Christian Moore is having an SEC Player of the Year caliber season for the Orange and White. The junior second baseman leads the league with a .430 batting average and 46 hits in conference play while ranking second in slugging percentage (.907), home runs (15) and total bases (97) and third in RBIs (32).

Moore was named the NCBWA National Player of the Month for April after leading the team in numerous offensive categories, including batting average (.452), runs (20), hits (28), doubles (five), home runs (10), RBIs (27), total bases (63), slugging percentage (1.016) and on-base percentage (.507). The junior second baseman also led the SEC in hits, while ranking second in RBIs and slugging percentage to help lead Tennessee to a stellar 13-3 record for the month with series wins over Auburn, No. 25 LSU, No. 3 Kentucky and Missouri.

Moore hit his team-leading 21st home run in last Saturday's series-clinching win at Florida and is now three away from tying the single-season program record of 24 set by Sonny Cortez in 1998.

OPPONENT SCOUT

Queens Royals (12-36, 8-16 ASUN)
  • Head Coach: Jake Hendrick (1st season)
  • 2023 Record: 17-38 (9-21 ASUN)
  • 2023 Postseason: N/A
  • 2024 ASUN Preseason Poll: 10th
  • Preseason All-Conference Selections (0)
  • Stat Leaders:
    • Batting Avg: Dillon Lewis (.376)
    • Runs: Dillon Lewis (54)
    • Hits: Dillon Lewis (74)
    • Home Runs: Dillon Lewis (18)
    • RBI: Dillon Lewis (57)
    • Stolen Bases: Dillon Lewis (18)
    • Wins: Landry Jurecka / Joseph Rodriguez (3)
    • Saves: Three tied (1)1
    • ERA (min. 20 IP): Joey Ruller (4.71)
    • WHIP (min. 20 IP): Joey Ruller (1.67)
    • Innings Pitched: Landry Jurecka (63.2)
    • Strikeouts: Landry Jurecka (66)

ON DECK

The Vols will make the short drive west to Nashville for another SEC East rivalry series at Vanderbilt this weekend. Friday's series opener is slated for a 7 p.m. ET first pitch on SEC Network+ while Saturday and Sunday's games will be televised on the SEC Network and ESPN2.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....looked at their 2024 schedule, which doesn't include Tennessee. I guess this was a late addition. Anyhow, GO BaseVOLS!
  • UNC Asheville Logo

Mar 5 (Tue) 3:00 PM

at
    UNC Asheville
    Asheville, N.C.
    ESPN_Plus_Logo_Main.png

W, 11-10 (12 Inn.)Hide/Show Additional Information For UNC Asheville - March 5, 2024
  • Tennessee Tech University Logo

Mar 8 (Fri) 3:00 PM EST

at
    Tennessee Tech University

Tuesday night at the conclusion of the game against Queens, the hate shall commence
Let the bat girls and grounds crew get their ABs. Let Charlie Taylor pitch. I don’t care if we get run ruled by Queens. With 7 straight SEC series wins, this game means nothing. Certainly I’ll watch but I’m in full on F Vandy mode. They say hate raises your body temperature. I’m in a full sweat.

Let the bat girls and grounds crew get their ABs. Let Charlie Taylor pitch. I don’t care if we get run ruled by Queens. With 7 straight SEC series wins, this game means nothing. Certainly I’ll watch but I’m in full on F Vandy mode. They say hate raises your body temperature. I’m in a full sweat.
IMG_2837.jpeg

Apparently the vandie whistler is gone...but not forgotten. Here's a reminder, Vol fans.
Don't think either whistler is gone. There was an internet hoax that one had passed away.

Whenever they whistle, we chant "LET'S GO VOLS!"

VN Store

Back