The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Unless things go south fast, I definitely think Levis will be given a third season. If he shows good signs regardless of winning or losing, he gets the third year. If they are at 6 wins or less and he is a major cause of it, buh bye.

Unless things go south fast, I definitely think Levis will be given a third season. If he shows good signs regardless of winning or losing, he gets the third year. If they are at 6 wins or less and he is a major cause of it, buh bye.
If the coaches don't think he's got what it takes after this year if you can get something for him you take it while you can get some value IMO.

Last edited:
It’s weird that we think the Oline will suck, after the signings in the offseason and draft pick to shore it up. If they get to the level of just “average” play then this is Levi’s make or break year in my mind.

You don’t waste time in finding a franchise QB during the rebuilding process that’s literally step one…

It’s weird that we think the Oline will suck, after the signings in the offseason and draft pick to shore it up. If they get to the level of just “average” play then this is Levi’s make or break year in my mind.

You don’t waste time in finding a franchise QB during the rebuilding process that’s literally step one…

Average level play shouldn’t be expected from a rookie left tackle. Especially average play when switching sides.

Other than C what positions did we sign anyone note worthy on the line?

Average level play shouldn’t be expected from a rookie left tackle. Especially average play when switching sides.

Other than C what positions did we sign anyone note worthy on the line?
We picked up a guard with exp albeit injury prone…I’ve seen plenty of rookie LT play average their first year but obviously there are plenty that don’t play good at all. All im saying if the OL plays at an “average” level compared to being the worst in the nfl last year then Levi’s has no excuse. We put weapons around him for a reason, this is his prove it year…

We are pretty good on here at times.

Per a PFR report from a few days ago, the team had targeted Alt/Latham for the draft at #7. If both had been picked ahead of them they would have drafted Nabers. So everything you have seen since then is in response to them getting one of their top two choices at a critical position of need.

What is this reference to Levis "getting a third season"? He's under a 4-year contract. He's not going anywhere.

JMO but this isn't the right way to look at it. The question is did we close the gap get on par with our division.

The answer to that is absolutely, we now have one of of not the best wr groupings, cb grouping, improved o line. And added depth.
You have serious delusions of grandeur. I’ll be surprised if the Titans finish better than 3rd in their own division, and they could end up dead last. See the Texans to get a view of a real team.

Last edited:

Really good interview from The Athletic with Brian Callahan. It’s from a couple days after the draft. SIAP

I kind of have to presume that they're wearing the Oilers throwback uniforms again this season based on how they've all been doing practice interviews in those Oilers hats.

Also, is it me, or is the light blue practice shirts that they've been wearing a bit closer to the Oilers jersey blue than the previous Titans light blue they had been using?

You have serious delusions of grandeur. I’ll be surprised if the Titans finish better than 3rd in their own division, and they could end up dead last. See the Texans to get a view of a real team.

You never answered my question the other day…

I think you have issues with reading comprehension. I said we closed the gap, we improved our wr corp and cb grouping. I didn't day we were winning the Superbowl.

Delusions of granduer....... Good Lord.

I think you have issues with reading comprehension. I said we closed the gap, we improved our wr corp and cb grouping. I didn't day we were winning the Superbowl.

Delusions of granduer....... Good Lord.
You didn’t close the gap. Houston improved more than the Titans did. Reading through the rest of this thread, I’m not the only one that thinks so either.

The only problem I see is who is he throwing to in year 3? I do like our additions, and I think we have very solid targets for this season. Not sure about next

Reactions: Vols4us
You didn’t close the gap. Houston improved more than the Titans did. Reading through the rest of this thread, I’m not the only one that thinks so either.
We closed the gap on the division, we improved...... That's so you can hope for at this point. The Texans have been rebuilding for three or four years now. We've just begun.

The only problem I see is who is he throwing to in year 3? I do like our additions, and I think we have very solid targets for this season. Not sure about next
Good point. Subject to how the o-line does, I guess we know a position of need they will be targeting in next year's draft.

I guess we will learn as it goes, but do you think Burks has what it takes when he's healthy?

Last edited:
Good point. Subject to how the o-line does, I guess we know a position of need they will be targeting in next year's draft.

I guess we will learn as it goes, but do you think Burks has what it takes when he's healthy?

No, I think he was a miss. That’s a big part of what put us in this hole too. Missing on 3 straight first round picks (Wilson, Farley, and Burks). You would’ve expected at least 1 average starter in that group

VN Store

Back