'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

I think he's a good pass rusher. I'd like to see him move to LEO

But he's hit or miss on run support.
I lost count of how many times he missed the run fit.
Yep. Like I said above, I don’t think he has the mental side down, which slows him down. He’s good in pass rush because he’s not thinking.

I felt like this kid flashed athletically in the game I saw on tv. Big, fast, and good use of hands for his age. His natural skill set may be unmatched in our LB room.

The rankings clearly are off on him as they have him as the 28th ranked backer in the class.

I watched him vs IMG. Maybe the same game you mentioned. I had a similar opinion as you, and I think Edwin has all the tools.

He’ll also benefit from the weight room. IMG’s strong back (signed with Texas I think) ran through Edwin’s tackle attempt on one play, and fell forward 2-3 yards on a later Edwin tackle. No doubt young Edwin has been working on the strength thing in recent weeks. Can’t wait to watch him in Orange! Just praying for his good health.

Yeah he could put on 10lbs and wouldn’t be much smaller than Baron was.

If he still struggles with his quickness again this year, I’d love to see him make the move.

I watched him vs IMG. Maybe the same game you mentioned. I had a similar opinion as you, and I think Edwin has all the tools.

He’ll also benefit from the weight room. IMG’s strong back (signed with Texas I think) ran through Edwin’s tackle attempt on one play, and fell forward 2-3 yards on a later Edwin tackle. No doubt young Edwin has been working on the strength thing in recent weeks. Can’t wait to watch him in Orange! Just praying for his good health.

From this video, it looks like he has already put on some good weight.

To be fair, that RB for IMG was rated as the #1 RB in the country at one point.

I totally agree with this! He drove me nuts last year! Too slow to play linebacker in my opinion. Also looks totally lost in pass coverage.

Reactions: StoVol
He was around the football a lot. Didn’t make a ton of tackles (I believe) but looks athletic and shed some good blocks.
Would imagine it’s hard to make plays in an event like that for linebackers. No blitzes and limited runs. All 1-to-1 man coverage. Like you said tho he was all over the field

Book it,,,,,, this dude is going to be goooooooooood!!!!!!!! He plays next year and I believe he plays a bunch.
I'll say I agree because I think he contributes on special teams a good bit.

If he has a good off season... Can he figure in the lb rotation? Opportunity is probably there...

Edwin’s got a little Raynoch Thompson in him. And I like it.

RT was a beast. Only guy on the team that Jamal Lewis was afraid of. Looking forward to this guy’s contribution.
lol. Where did you hear that from?

Jamal wasnt afraid of anybody. Not even Al Wilson. The dude told prime All-Pro Ray Lewis, that he was going to run him over in fall camp of his rookie season!

lol. Where did you hear that from?

Jamal wasnt afraid of anybody. Not even Al Wilson. The dude told prime All-Pro Ray Lewis, that he was going to run him over in fall camp of his rookie season!
I saw Jamal at the 1998 reunion last year, walked right up to him, and slapped the damn taste out of his mouth. He cried and begged me not to do it again.

He’s afraid of somebody: Me.

(Disclaimer: the events described above in this post may or may not be based in actual events and/or reality.)

I saw Jamal at the 1998 reunion last year, walked right up to him, and slapped the damn taste out of his mouth. He cried and begged me not to do it again.

He’s afraid of somebody: Me.

(Disclaimer: the events described above in this post may or may not be based in actual events and/or reality.)
Through the years, Ive identified by trial and error. 5'11", and 235 is not a good combo to **** around and find out, with.

VN Store

Back