Who's your top 3 overrated programs in college football

1) Texas A&M ..... They have spent an awful lot of money on coaches since Jackie Sherrill in 1982, with mostly mediocre results to show for it.

2) Iowa ..... Forget ever beating anybody with an average defense ... They can't even score.

3) Ole Miss .... They make noise once in a while .... but have still never made it to the SEC Championship Game.
Could make a case for this to be a five-star response

What does them winning their last national title in 1988 have to do with what you originally posted? Show me all of those 6-6 records they’ve had in the last 15 years.
I was exaggerating. The point remains the same, they are the most overrated team every single year. Are you sure you're on the right fan forum? You seem pretty upset when someone talks about your beloved little Irish.

I was exaggerating. The point remains the same, they are the most overrated team every single year. Are you sure you're on the right fan forum? You seem pretty upset when someone talks about your beloved little Irish.
Ah yes, it never fails. If you dare point out when someone “exaggerates” or better said, just posts outright nonsense, you’re automatically a fan of another team.

Ah yes, it never fails. If you dare point out when someone “exaggerates” or better said, just posts outright nonsense, you’re automatically a fan of another team.
Why else would you care when someone calls a very overrated team, overrated?

Why else would you care when someone calls a very overrated team, overrated?
Why do you care that I care? And the purpose of a message board is to give opinions and engage in discussion. When someone posts something that is easily disputable, no matter the team that is being discussed, why not point that out?

same list
Colorado isn’t overrated, they’re overhyped because 10 million people watched their game Colorado St last year.

You guys better get ready to see Notre Dame in the CFP this year w/ that cupcake schedule. As I said in another thread, Notre Dame in Neyland in the CFP would probably be as crazy it would get IMO.

same list
Not really. Colorado isn't overrated because nobody actually thinks that they are good. They are overexposed and attract an outsized amount of attention relative to how good they are.

Same thing for Ole Miss. They are overexposed because 1) they actually have been punching above their historical weight the last couple of years and 2) Lane Kiffin is their HC.

Not really. Colorado isn't overrated because nobody actually thinks that they are good. They are overexposed and attract an outsized amount of attention relative to how good they are.

Same thing for Ole Miss. They are overexposed because 1) they actually have been punching above their historical weight the last couple of years and 2) Lane Kiffin is their HC.
Colorado won one close game last year at a crappy TCU and were immediately in the teens, totally unwarranted. They hype around Colorado is overrated for sure. Voters might wait two weeks to rank them this year. Though they do host North Dakota State and I would love for NDSU to kick the **** out of them.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Colorado won one close game last year at a crappy TCU and were immediately in the teens, totally unwarranted. They hype around Colorado is overrated for sure. Voters might wait two weeks to rank them this year. Though they do host North Dakota State and I would love for NDSU to kick the **** out of them.
They were ranked 22nd after beating TCU. TCU lost a bunch of guys, but they were still a ranked team (also unwarranted in hindsight) and appeared in the national title game the year before. You can argue that Colorado was overrated for a week or two early last season, but they definitely weren't after they lost to Oregon and the whole narrative had flipped after they lost to Stanford. A lot of that is due to the silliness of preseason polling.

They were ranked 22nd after beating TCU. TCU lost a bunch of guys, but they were still a ranked team (also unwarranted in hindsight) and appeared in the national title game the year before. You can argue that Colorado was overrated for a week or two early last season, but they definitely weren't after they lost to Oregon and the whole narrative had flipped after they lost to Stanford. A lot of that is due to the silliness of preseason polling.
Oregon crushed them and it was awesome. I loved seeing Colorado, which the media built up and it still building up, crush and crumble. Fantastic.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Oregon crushed them and it was awesome. I loved seeing Colorado, which the media built up and it still building up, crush and crumble. Fantastic.
I don't think they're building him up anymore, at least right now. He's currently taking a lot of heat for his "recruiting" style. Of course, I imagine a lot of that is because of how they finished last season. What Deion is doing is crazy only if it doesn't work.

The media loves it regardless because he's a big media draw regardless if he's succeeding or failing. If he succeeds, it's an interesting story because of his unconventional style and brashness. If he fails, it's entertaining because he's a sore loser and a ton of people don't like him and are rooting for him to fail.

Reactions: just bob
I don't think they're building him up anymore, at least right now. He's currently taking a lot of heat for his "recruiting" style. Of course, I imagine a lot of that is because of how they finished last season. What Deion is doing is crazy only if it doesn't work.

The media loves it regardless because he's a big media draw regardless if he's succeeding or failing. If he succeeds, it's an interesting story because of his unconventional style and brashness. If he fails, it's entertaining because he's a sore loser and a ton of people don't like him and are rooting for him to fail.
I only root for him to fail because of how Deion and Shedeur have acted. It was a great move for publicity by Colorado, but you know Deion hates being there. I hope they finish with less wins than last year.

Reactions: mpfvol
1) Texas A&M ..... They have spent an awful lot of money on coaches since Jackie Sherrill in 1982, with mostly mediocre results to show for it.

2) Iowa ..... Forget ever beating anybody with an average defense ... They can't even score.

3) Ole Miss .... They make noise once in a while .... but have still never made it to the SEC Championship Game.

I disagree here.

A&M, I agree with. Their reputation far exceeds their trophy case.

Ole Miss and Iowa just don't have those reputations. Ole Miss is still seen as a bottom tier SEC job and Iowa is seen as middle of the pack Big 10 job. Those reputations match historical results.

They haven’t finished with fewer than 9 wins since 2016. They’ve won double digit games in six of the past seven seasons. They’ve also, with one notable exception, performed to or over performed their preseason ranking over that same span:

preseason NR
finished 11th

Preseason 12th
Finished 5th

Preseason 9th
Finished 12th

Preseason 10th
Finished 5th

preseason 9th
Finished 8th

preseason 5th
Finished 18th

preseason 13th
finished 14th
Hate it when facts disrupt my storyline. I would not have guessed the win totals or that they mostly fulfilled their preseason rank. To sustain my ND hate, I will have to go with their schedule includes two service academies and the ACC.

VN Store

Back