WNBA DRAFT

Where does Rickea land?

• Indiana

• Los Angeles

• Chicago

Results are only viewable after voting.
And she only gets to go because Kellie was fired. Otherwise it would be Harper there.

A silver lining for Sam I’m here for it. Highly doubt she was shocked by the news today like all the Lady Vol fans.
Yes I agree. It felt like a total rebuild from the admin side with this hire

Yes I agree. It felt like a total rebuild from the admin side with this hire
Did it?

“As a women’s basketball program, we want to get back to competing for Southeastern Conference and National Championships. Our student-athletes have that ambition, and we are not on a three-, four- or five-year plan; they talked about wanting to win next year.”— Danny White

Did it?

“As a women’s basketball program, we want to get back to competing for Southeastern Conference and National Championships. Our student-athletes have that ambition, and we are not on a three-, four- or five-year plan; they talked about wanting to win next year.”— Danny White

And they can, I think the team is more excited about their new coach than most of yall lol 😉

Did it?

Yeah… get rid of the old admin. Win next year with the new.. if anything that says they wanted to keep the players and axe the coaches

Did it?

So many ways to interpret that statement. Why set expectations that high with a coach making a big leap to this level and who is starting with an inarguable talent gap to the SCs , Uconns, LSUs, and USCs of this world?

Last edited:
And you’re risk averse, so this is making you crazy lol.

I’m also not a risky person, but this feels good to me. I think we’re gonna be surprised. :)
Not without elite players. We'll struggle to get in the tournament, if we get in

Reactions: glv98
Not without elite players. We'll struggle to get in the tournament, if we get in

See my other post.

I don’t care about the streak at this point and if we don’t make it next season it’s more of a reflection on Harper than CKC.

For 3/4 of this season we were on the outside looking in. Our strength of schedule probably saved us which is a crack up considering we had 0 quality wins on the season.

We beat one decent team all season, and that was a 3 point win over OU in November while they were still working things out after losing their top player to a season ending shoulder injury.

See my other post.

I don’t care about the streak at this point and if we don’t make it next season it’s more of a reflection on Harper than CKC.

For 3/4 of this season we were on the outside looking in. Our strength of schedule probably saved us which is a crack up considering we had 0 quality wins on the season.

We beat one decent team all season, and that was a 3 point win over OU in November while they were still working things out after losing their top player to a season ending shoulder injury.
That's BS, the new coach is responsible for all W's and L's from this point forward. Kellie is gone, it's all on CKC now. The players she gets in the portal are her players. If she doesn't get the right ones , that's on her.

That's BS, the new coach is responsible for all W's and L's from this point forward. Kellie is gone, it's all on CKC now. The players she gets in the portal are her players. If she doesn't get the right ones , that's on her.

When you’re taking over a dumpster fire sometimes it’s gonna burn for a while.

Come on dude, the program was far from being a “dumpster fire”. That sort of untethered hyperbole helps no one.

Eh, I thought the coaching was a dumpster fire lol. But I’ll agree, that was an inflammatory statement.

The players and the program are alright but I complained about the product from tip to close this season. It was NOT fun to watch.

There were individual performers, like Jackson and a few games from Spear that were a lot of fun. But I found it really hard to cheer for the team as a whole, it was just a disjointed mess on both ends most of the time.

Eh, I thought the coaching was a dumpster fire lol. But I’ll agree, that was an inflammatory statement.

The players and the program are alright but I complained about the product from tip to close this season. It was NOT fun to watch.

There were individual performers, like Jackson and a few games from Spear that were a lot of fun. But I found it really hard to cheer for the team as a whole, it was just a disjointed mess on both ends most of the time.

Did it?

Seriously what was he going to say? And if he really feels that and things go really bad, that says CKC will not get a second year.

Reactions: brittannica
Seriously what was he going to say? And if he really feels that and things go really bad, that says CKC will not get a second year.
There is a world in which you temper expectations. You don’t have to put Kellie on blast any more than firing her does, but you can allude to how Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither presumably are teams playing entirely new systems. It’s great he has that much confidence in CKC because it gives us standards to which to hold her! I want to win, and I hope she can do that for us and for her.

edited to also add: the streak is super important to me because it’s the only record we have that no one else can beat.

Last edited:
Today? After jacking around for a week they had to let news out about Sam's firing today? Can Rickea have one nice thing? Am I being conspiratorial or is this breakup getting a little nasty? Unless this is crazy coincidence, it's really pissy to make this public when Sam's excited about getting to go and literally in the air. Are we trying to rain on Rickea's parade? Anything else being done to celebrate this, or are we shying away bc this was the old day?. I think having a player drafted this is high is still a very positive signal for the program. Lord knows we need positive signals to elite recruits. I'm curious vwhat volstyx the pr guy who called the leaks so accurately in the firing thinks about this timing, if anything.

Anyway the good news is I'm sure both Sam and Rickea have not one F to give about any of it at this point. Sam probably already knew. But still, had to be this afternoon to let her firing out? Whatever, I.m happy for Sam and hope they have a great time. BTW Sam is who recruited RIckea here, not Jordan H tho that helped. It was Sam's relationship, yes relationship, since RJ was in hs and she recruited her to Louisville that got RJ here the second go round. That's why it's appropriate Sam's there. Full circle.

Today? After jacking around for a week they had to let news out about Sam's firing today? Can Rickea have one nice thing? Am I being conspiratorial or is this breakup getting a little nasty? Unless this is crazy coincidence, it's really pissy to make this public when Sam's excited about getting to go and literally in the air. Are we trying to rain on Rickea's parade? Anything else being done to celebrate this, or are we shying away bc this was the old day?. I think having a player drafted this is high is still a very positive signal for the program. Lord knows we need positive signals to elite recruits. I'm curious vwhat volstyx the pr guy who called the leaks so accurately in the firing thinks about this timing, if anything.

Anyway the good news is I'm sure both Sam and Rickea have not one F to give about any of it at this point. Sam probably already knew. But still, had to be this afternoon to let her firing out? Whatever, I.m happy for Sam and hope they have a great time. BTW Sam is who recruited RIckea here, not Jordan H tho that helped. It was Sam's relationship, yes relationship, since RJ was in hs and she recruited her to Louisville that got RJ here the second go round. That's why it's appropriate Sam's there. Full circle.

She definitely didn’t recruit her TO Louisville. So her connection wasn’t that strong the first go round.

It seems like it was maybe leaked, which then Cora picked up on and wrote about. Otherwise I haven’t seen anything official about this, unless I missed it. All to say, the timing may not have been intentional, and as you said, all involved have probably known for a while.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back