WATE reporting TSR to shut down

@NickCarboniWBIR: Swain says the show will feature Jamal Lewis and Leonard Little as regular guests, and bring Inky Johnson's "Inkspirations" segment as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Regular guests will include Jamal Lewis and Leanord Little. Awesome news! M- F 7:00-10:00 am!!

Fan-Freaking-Tastic! I hate losing Ainge but Swain is great too! It's nice to know I'll still be able to listen in to Swain.

Sure do wish someone would pick up Chris Treece. Between him, Ainge, and Swain, they were what made TSR worth listening to.

Last edited:
Looks like "The Swain Event" is going to be on WKVL AM 850 Mon- Fri 7:00am-10:00am. Wonder if anyone else will join Swain on this station?

Great news. Swain wasn't the best host but certainly wasn't the worst either. In that time slot he's better than the alternative.

Knoxville must have a better morning drive time sports show than the DJH show on the animal.

Jay Bay brought EA down IMO. He would be a perfect fit with Swain. Swain could keep EA's ADD in check lol.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a win-win with something to listen to besides Doc, Jeff, and Heather and getting to keep the TSR app. Love it.

Great news. I think Swain is easily the best sports radio host in town (of course, that's not saying much...)

Cool avi. Whatever happened to Mad Jack?

FIELDEN, JACK E. ''MAD JACK'' - age 63, of Knoxville, passed away December 3, 1997, at his home.

Veteran Marine Sgt. of the Korean War. Former owner Mad Jack's Furniture.

'Mad Jack' Fielden turned furniture sales into stunt work - News Sentinel

Met Mad Jack onetime. I was standing in front of a building on N Broadway with some other guys when a car screeched it's brakes and out jumps Mad Jack. He introduced himself, shook our hands, jumped back into the car and sped off. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone know if there will be a way to listen online?
Sorry just saw the article. TSR radio app is being converted to The Swain Event pp

From the RLM link:

"I have signed on both Jamal Lewis and Leonard Little to be part of The Swain Event every week. It will add a whole new perspective for listeners. Seth Stokes is also coming with me and we'll have Inky Johnson's 'Inkspirations' segment. This will be The Swain Event that listeners know and love ... only bigger and better."

Adding JL and LL along with Inkspirations will be awesome. I don't like anyone being out of a job, but I was really hoping that SS would be pursuing other opportunities. I enjoy listening to Swain, but with SS always chiming in about something...anything. He sounds like an ignorant and uninformed 16 year old, like he's fighting for air time the way HH does over on the Animal.

Damn that sucks...he had a great personality for it. Depressed.

He needs to reign in the immaturity just a little bit but yeah, he has a natural talent for radio. Plus his knowledge of the game and his breakdowns were invaluable and I'm certainly going to miss that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back