The Official Tennessee @ Oklahoma Game Thread, 8:00pm ET, ABC

he probably gave them such a chewing that he didn't even bother wasting the energy of explaining to the public how bad they played

They (OU) had their Nose tackle collapse the pocket on Crowder and sent pressure right up the middle with their LB's.. Say what you want.. Striker in a flat out baller

It's an impossible problem to fix immediately. Dooley didn't recruit, so we don't have the horses. Butch knows what must be done and is on it...but it will take a year or two.

Reactions: 1 person
They (OU) had their Nose tackle collapse the pocket on Crowder and sent pressure right up the middle with their LB's.. Say what you want.. Striker in a flat out baller

it seemed like there wasnt a play where he wasnt mentioned...(it seemed like he was mentioned every play for you sobers)

Derek Dooley is the type of coach that would have publicly abused the line for their performance. As long as Jones is addressing it in private, that is what matters.

Reactions: 2 people
I honestly think Worley is a completely capable QB for this team. I didn't see many times tonight that he could've kept it and not been eaten alive after a yard or two. Does that keep the D honest if he keeps it and gets two yards while getting drilled? Sure it'd be great if he was really mobile. Most great spread offenses have a quick QB, but until this line gets better it simply doesn't matter, Micheal Vick couldn't have got out of the crap coming at him tonight.

On another note,I would love to see Croom get less snaps and put Malone in more. 6"5 doesn't do any good when your not very fast and struggle to catch the ball with a defender nearby.

Plain and simple, Croom has underperformed as a receiver since he's been at UT. Should be all World by now and we get hardly any production out if him. Love the guy but.....c'mon dude!

Size doesn't make a receiver. Just because he is 6-6 250 obviously doesn't mean he is any good it just means he is big. He is soft, afraid of contact and is terrible in jump ball situations.

I was impressed with what I saw from all the vols. and as many negavols, drunks, and simple idiots are giving their thoughts on here tonight, it pales in comparison to the meltdown on the Georgia boards. They are NOT happy campers....

Last edited:
I was impressed with what I saw from all the vols. and as many negavols, drunks, and simple idiots are giving their thoughts on here tonight, it pales in comparison to the meltdown on the Georgia boards. They are NOT happy campers....

They thought they were headed to the playoff, until tonight.

They are complete idiots. I would love be in Georgia's situation. They are taking Mark Richt for granted. Morons.

Haha remember when Georgia fans were beating their chests about how they finally had a real defensive coordinator?

I picked 48-14 as the score tonight and thought that we would get embarrassed.....

Very pleased with the BIG ORANGE! I am very proud of the fight in these guys--and Worley truly earned my respect and praise. Yes, I think he made a few bad decisions....but he earned RESPECT by taking all of that abuse tonight....and I did notice that Bob stoops went straight to him at the end of the game and gave him some praise...

Very disappointed that we had so many drops by receivers tonight....I won't call names--but some of those guys need to learn that they must FIGHT for the BALL or just plain sit their azz down on the bench and let another guy play. We left at least 10 if not 14 points out there on the field.

Progress is clearly being made in mental toughness on the field.

What I didn't like is the fact that we NEVER adjusted to their blitzing of 19 and make them pay for it....We need a faster developing screen package....and must learn how to run a draw....also need to learn how to throw a flare pass to a RB on the side of the blitzing OLB....

OU is very athletic on D--but they are vulnerable to a team who can run the seams and throw the ball in between their LBs down the middle of the field.....

I thought that a two TE set against them with some creative ways to throw the ball in behind blitzers to the TEs also would have taken advantage of their aggressiveness...and I didn't see 1 reverse even attempted tonight against an aggressive and overpursuing front 7......was very disappointed in our lack of creativity in adjusting to their strengths...

All in all--I'm very hopeful and believe that 7-5 is an attainable goal this year.

GO VOLS! :salute:

VN Store

Back