Dobbs

The Dobbs hating in this thread is unreal and there's clearly been very little thought put into the negative comments. I'm not even sure it's worth rationalizing with all the insanity. A true freshman playing 4 games in his very first season and there are idiots blaming him for the Vandy loss. Need I even remind you people of the Peterman Florida game?
The "Dobbs Package" is a surprise waiting to happen for some SEC powerhouse! The trap will be sprung when least expected. This team will have a winning record this year! going into their bowl game! Go, Vols!

Any player that works hard can have the light bulb click on at anytime.

1 years ago and even all summer many people said JW would be a horrid QB for us...WRONG!

The same WRONG guesses have been said about many former UT players that turned out to be pretty good, made plays and helped us Win games over the years.

Anyone remember a kicker named Palardy?

His senior year he turned into a rock solid weapon for us and is now in the NFL the last I heard.

Dobbs, Croom or anyone else could turn into a solid weapon for us before their UT career is over, we just never know.

There's exactly zero people here on VN that really knows for certain so I'll support every young man that has the courage to work hard and try to help rebuild our footVol team back to where we shoulod always be!

Anyone that says they really know would be winning all the lotteries every week, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
The unique situations for both Worley and Palardy are that they were both starters at their respective playing times. Why does this matter? Yes, a player at any time can reach and even surpass their potential, but that is truly only seen on gameday. If Dobbs can't impress the coaches in practice, how is the light going to suddenly turn on if he's the #3 guy on the depth chart. Case in point why Ferguson isn't a Vol anymore.

What is Dobbs all of 19, some of you guys are piling on pretty heavy on this teenager. Give the guy a break, he doesn't need your grief right now!

What is Dobbs all of 19, some of you guys are piling on pretty heavy on this teenager. Give the guy a break, he doesn't need your grief right now!

The grief just comes with being a quarterback and player. If he can't handle the heat he needs to get out of the kitchen.

I understand that Worley is the starter and has earned his position as QB but would Dobbs scrambling abilty changed Oklahomas blitzing strategy. Worley was getting creamed why not go with the best sprinter. Not second guessing coach Jones just analyzing and wondering what would of happened.

So you're suggesting letting the defense KNOW you're going to run?
Put in AJ at the 5 and there's no discussion here.

dobbs scored a running td against vandy but pig howard made a unnecessary block in the back that cost us that game.

Pigs fumble vs GA "cost uss the game". Having to start the fan favorite QB who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn cost us the Vandy game.

As you are well aware, Riley Ferguson was heir apparent to Worley and would have played against Fla in Gainesville last season except for the leg injury kept secret by our coaches and not allowing him to take his rightful spot as the scrambling QB of the new century. I also am not second guessing Coach Jones, but am also analyzing and wondering what would have happened if Fergie had not transferred away. He could have changed Oklahoma's blitzing strategy and was the best sprinter. :crazy: Now, forgive me please, but I'm going out on the porch and chew the skin off all my knuckles.

One thing would have happened:

Our fan base would have still found fault with Ferg.

And one thing that continues to happen:

Our fan base continues to show how ignorant they are by living in the past.

Ferg transferred, he didn't want to put in the work needed to be a Vol and last but not least we all have zero idea how he would have performed in a live game. Accept it, stop living in the past and move on.

Reactions: 2 people
Some of these responses coupled with the responses about how slow and average Jalen Hurd is in the other thread remind me why I visit the FF less and less.

Here you go. I think you might need this:

Reading Sage: Remedial Reading Drills

No one said Jalen was slow or average. The exact phrase I used was "a touch slower than I thought he was". I thought he had that guy, and he didn't. That's all. There's no major criticism. I'm thrilled we've got Jalen and can't wait to see what he does with a more experienced line and a better quarterback.

TN has got to find a freshman next yr to play QB. They sure don't have one now. Could you imagine Peterman starting? He can barely execute a handoff.

TN has got to find a freshman next yr to play QB. They sure don't have one now. Could you imagine Peterman starting? He can barely execute a handoff.

Peterman has a lot of time to get better. He will be a Jr. Next year. Id rather roll with him than a freshman unless its some phenom freshman. At least he knows the offense.

The buzz on Dobbs was that he worked hard to improve this offseason. I just think Worley is limited for this offense and Dobbs would seemingly bring the run element that's needed. Wth happened to him to not even see the field now?

The buzz on Dobbs was that he worked hard to improve this offseason. I just think Worley is limited for this offense and Dobbs would seemingly bring the run element that's needed. Wth happened to him to not even see the field now?

I've read it was lack of accuracy

Even though it's typically used on freshmen, it doesn't matter what year a player uses it. They've got 5 years to play 4.

Exactly and I think he will use that time to complete his M.S. It was going to be difficult to handle UT football, and Engineering Curriculum. He is still managing it!
You never know, with the QB competition next year between Peterman, Dobbs, Dormady, and Jennings who might come out on top!!

I understand that Worley is the starter and has earned his position as QB but would Dobbs scrambling abilty changed Oklahomas blitzing strategy. Worley was getting creamed why not go with the best sprinter. Not second guessing coach Jones just analyzing and wondering what would of happened.

dobbs is probably not a division 1 QB.

Theories get worked out in the lab. Butch did the experiment in the lab and rode it home.
Dobbs apparently isn't ready for the big time yet.
Maybe he'll redshirt...or transfer. Who knows?

GO VOLS!

He is not as good as Worley. Why is that hard to understand.

Reactions: 2 people
He is not as good as Worley. Why is that hard to understand.

Seriously. But yeah, by all means play the 3rd string QB behind that same sieve of an O line and then tell me all about his scrambling ability.

Some people's kids, man...

VN Store

Back