Dobbs

I had the same thought this morning while running. Several schools have run 2 QBs successfully. Why not give Dobbs the option of running the read option. He could still hand it off to a RB just like Worley - but the PRIMARY difference is that Dobbs has wheels and Worley has blocks. Even a 4 or 5 runs from Dobbs could have made a huge difference - or at least caused the OU DL to pause a bit before running toward the QB like a bat outta time.

I understand that Worley is the starter and has earned his position as QB but would Dobbs scrambling abilty changed Oklahomas blitzing strategy. Worley was getting creamed why not go with the best sprinter. Not second guessing coach Jones just analyzing and wondering what would of happened.

How did the scrambling q.b. work out against Missouri, Alabama or Vandy?????????

Dobbs couldnt beat Vandy....hes not even the back up anymore.

IIRC, Dobbs actually had them beat with a QB run. It was called back on a BS penalty. Dobbs is a good young man and has not done anything that deserves him being a target for stupid comments.

The unique situations for both Worley and Palardy are that they were both starters at their respective playing times. Why does this matter? Yes, a player at any time can reach and even surpass their potential, but that is truly only seen on gameday. If Dobbs can't impress the coaches in practice, how is the light going to suddenly turn on if he's the #3 guy on the depth chart. Case in point why Ferguson isn't a Vol anymore.

Yeah! I completely agree. Backup QB's don't have the light "suddenly turn on." If they are not good enough to start they are not good period.

Sincerely,
Alex Smith

I understand that Worley is the starter and has earned his position as QB but would Dobbs scrambling abilty changed Oklahomas blitzing strategy. Worley was getting creamed why not go with the best sprinter. Not second guessing coach Jones just analyzing and wondering what would of happened.

No Dobbs scrambling ability isnt much better.

If the offensive line continues to collapse around Worley, I'm afraid we will be seeing Dobbs soon enough because Worley is going to be broken.

There's a reason Dobbs is the #3 guy

Yeah, Worley was chosen by Butch not for skill but for seniority. Dobbs realized that shortly before the season started and instead of playing the crying game like Ferguson he focused more on his grueling academic schedule. For now...

TN has got to find a freshman next yr to play QB. They sure don't have one now. Could you imagine Peterman starting? He can barely execute a handoff.

Terrible idea which will never happen.

Dobbs is a student first. The only way he transfers is if he went to ASU.

This. He hasn't given up being QB either just biding time.

Why are we talking about the 3rd string QB again?
he's going to red-shirt if worley stays healthy..

/confused

Butch has said on multiple occasions that the depth chart is not important in his program. It's dynamic and ever changing.
If he red shirts that would not only be telling of his true abilities but gives a hint to what Butch has in store for him.

IIRC, Dobbs actually had them beat with a QB run. It was called back on a BS penalty. Dobbs is a good young man and has not done anything that deserves him being a target for stupid comments.

Like I said before, throwing for 54 yards and 2 ints at home in basically the most important game of the year isnt getting it done. Not even close. I have nothing against him as a person, I know hes a good, smart kid...but he lost the back up job for a reason.

Reactions: 1 person
Like I said before, throwing for 54 yards and 2 ints at home in basically the most important game of the year isnt getting it done. Not even close. I have nothing against him as a person, I know hes a good, smart kid...but he lost the back up job for a reason.

Your argument is collapsing on itself. You prop up Peterman over Dobbs? Did you see the Florida game? We went to Dobbs after Peterman...and never went back. Can't follow your logic. :no:

Your argument is collapsing on itself. You prop up Peterman over Dobbs? Did you see the Florida game? We went to Dobbs after Peterman...and never went back. Can't follow your logic. :no:

I havent propped up anyone. The coaches are the ones who make the depth chart, not me.

Reread the OP thread, I can let Dobbs go, I have no emotional tie to him, I promise, Its just a post. Dont have an panick attack, Its ok, I was just asking my fellow vol fans because we are all just sitting around waiting to go to work in the morning. Is that ok with you.
:loco:If you're intoxicated, I suggest you give up alcohol. If you're sober, I'd suggest taking up drinking. You're off track as your blathering renders. Dobbs wasn't prepared last year to start at UT. He's got solvable issues this year that can be corrected and, since he's not played yet, he can still be red shirted, which I hope he does as we'll need depth at qb and methinks he'll eventually be a pretty good one, at the very least.:thud:

So you're suggesting letting the defense KNOW you're going to run?
Put in AJ at the 5 and there's no discussion here.

Yes, Yes, That is what I was suggesting. sheeewwwweee , sometimes you just have to grin and shake your head at dumb folk.

Last edited:
Why are we talking about the 3rd string QB again?
he's going to red-shirt if worley stays healthy..

/confused

Let me help you with your confusuion, You see its called a football forum that lets people share their thoughts on their favorite team,

Last edited:

He is third string..I remember seeing Dobbs get killed many times last year behind a good oline..Doubt Dobbs starts another game at UT

Reactions: 1 person
:loco:If you're intoxicated, I suggest you give up alcohol. If you're sober, I'd suggest taking up drinking. You're off track as your blathering renders. Dobbs wasn't prepared last year to start at UT. He's got solvable issues this year that can be corrected and, since he's not played yet, he can still be red shirted, which I hope he does as we'll need depth at qb and methinks he'll eventually be a pretty good one, at the very least.:thud:

You are so awsome I just dont know what to say besides,
You complete me!

VN Store

Back