Danielson "Butch Jones will have them ready"

Butch would be at least 3rd on UMs list behind The Hat and Harbaugh. Doubt that Les tells them yes but things are not good in San Fran with upper management.

Reactions: 1 person
Too be honest, I think Michigan throws IN MAJOR MONEY to CBJ. Reason? To try to get back the Michigan vs Notre Dame RIVALRY. That's your major story just to keep it going.

Don't need another example. One was sufficient to punch a hole in your theory. Alabama countered with a contract that gives him around 50-60 million.

So your exception to the rule was the guy who is/was already the highest paid coach in college football. Great job! :good!:

Chance are that IF bUTch leaves, Hart will hire someone like Dooley, who has no idea what to do with so much talent. We end up losing to Tennessee Tech and the recruits will drop like flies.

If the paint is peeling off the wall...that DOES NOT mean it's ready to eat.

Reactions: 4 people
Oh and you heard it on ESPN radio? That is a completely reliable source, almost as reliable as the Gruden is headed to UT crowd imo. I have heard on ESPN radio that many coaches were coming or had expressed interest in UT, funny thing is none of them ever came.

ESPN has basically become the TMZ of sports broadcasting. No facts needed, just put some random crab out there for people to devour

]ESPN Radio is saying Butch will leave after this year to take the Michigan job next year. [/B]The powers at Tennessee better pay him his worth now with a raise and a couple of more years to his contract. I personally don't think he would leave with all the hard work he has put in to rebuild this team BRICK by BRICK.

well, dang. That would suck...big time. don't see it happening though.

Last edited:
ESPN Radio is saying Butch will leave after this year to take the Michigan job next year. The powers at Tennessee better pay him his worth now with a raise and a couple of more years to his contract. I personally don't think he would leave with all the hard work he has put in to rebuild this team BRICK by BRICK.

Why would Michigan want Butch? Aside from recruiting wins, he hasn't turned UT back into a winning program.

Michigan and Les Miles.

You mean this:

Miles' situation with Michigan in 2007 drew national headlines at the time, as an ESPN report surfaced that Miles would become the Wolverines' next coach on the very same day that he was preparing to lead his LSU squad in the SEC Championship game.

Miles came out that day and publicly stated that he was still the coach at LSU and would remain at LSU. Shortly thereafter, Miles signed a contract extension with the Tigers.

Things weren't so simple, though. Per an Ann Arbor News report at the time, Michigan athletic director Bill Martin had received permission to speak with Miles after that SEC title game in 2007, but when Miles' agent phoned Michigan to see where the coach stood, he never heard back.

Miles went on to win the national title at LSU that season, while Rodriguez was hired that winter.

"To be real honest, there's still a lot of heartfelt emotions surrounding that time for me," Miles told MLive on Thursday in Detroit. "It's not something that I go by very comfortably.
I recognize the investment Michigan put in me, and I certainly am in to debt of Michigan and the coaches and the people I was around. It's a debt you want to pay. You want to re-pay. I had recruited an entire building (at LSU), and every coach in the building, we had just won a big time championship. It was very difficult for me to minimize what they had accomplished.

"I really had no other opportunity to visit with anybody until after the national championship game. And they had a coach by the time that came around."

Miles' name surfaced once again with Michigan after Rodriguez was fired after the 2010 season. Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon flew to Louisiana to meet with Miles in early January 2011.

That meeting did not result in a Michigan hiring. The Wolverines tabbed Hoke as their coach officially on Jan. 11.

ESPN Radio is saying Butch will leave after this year to take the Michigan job next year. The powers at Tennessee better pay him his worth now with a raise and a couple of more years to his contract. I personally don't think he would leave with all the hard work he has put in to rebuild this team BRICK by BRICK.

Yeah right...the only person Michigan is gonna hire is Jim Harbaugh

Chance are that IF bUTch leaves, Hart will hire someone like Dooley, who has no idea what to do with so much talent. We end up losing to Tennessee Tech and the recruits will drop like flies.

Quick, get a dictionary. Look up the following word: Asinine.

Reactions: 3 people
I think after the last few years of mediocrity UM will hire somebody with a proven record of success turning around programs and winning. Butch is turning it around here but has not had success on the field yet to back it up. I think their fans will demand a proven winner. So that works in our favor this year and the same holds true at FL. I posted just a little while ago in another thread that Hugh Freeze has shown both of these traits at ole pi$$. I think he will be in the discussion for both these jobs. FL job means he stays in the south and gets out of the West and is in a recruiting hot bed.

If Butch leaves I'd thank him as he left for laying the ground work. Just because we batted 1 for 3 with Hamilton doesn't mean that's the inevitable.

The fact that Bama is on it's way to putting up 700 yds and 50 pts vs Florida makes me think 2 things:

1. Bama's gonna absolutely boat race UT
2. Maybe we can make a game of it vs Florida.....maybe.

You're a pansy, just like catbone. Bama is winnable.

They have the most wins in major college football.

You do realize they have been playing in the Big 10, along with playing a lot of weak sisters to build that record, don't you?

For Butch Jones, it would be less than a lateral move. It would be a move back and down.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back