Danielson "Butch Jones will have them ready"

Gary said Tennessee NEEDS to beat Florida and if UF beats us then they will have a good year, but Butch will have UT ready.

"No more playing it safe, they have to go for it here."
-Gary Danielson referencing a 3rd and 11

Forgive me if I'm not really moved by anything Gary "the only booth partner I could get who's a bigger dolt than I am is Verne 'Chortle' Lundquist" Danielson.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a strong feeling you are not going to see jeff driskel in two weeks.

I have a strong feeling that the entire storyline of the matchup will be about Florida.

"Can Florida save their season?"

"What must Will Muschamp do to get his team back on track?"

"Florida absolutely needs this win."

Hell, even when we beat USC last year, the entire storyline was about A) How USC's season was affected and B) Clowney's hit on Neal.

I have a strong feeling that the entire storyline of the matchup will be about Florida.

"Can Florida save their season?"

"What must Will Muschamp do to get his team back on track?"

"Florida absolutely needs this win."

Hell, even when we beat USC last year, the entire storyline was about A) How USC's season was affected and B) Clowney's hit on Neal.

We all know why that is

It depends on whether you define "winningest program" by total wins or by highest winning percentage. From 1926-2001, we had the highest winning percentage in the country (.73305) and were 2nd in total wins (589) to Alabama, which had 592 (I-A Winning Percentage 1926-2001). From 1926-2006, we were 2nd in winning percentage (.72835), trailing only Ohio State (.73855) and 1st in total wins (631). After vacating 16 wins for 2005-2006, Alabama was credited with 612 wins for this period (I-A Winning Percentage 1926-2006). (Note: Alabama was also forced to vacate five wins for the 2007 season.) Therefore, Alabama had 628 onfield wins from 1926-2006.

I believe that even Butch has cited this stat and the guys in the Sports Information Department really need to provide him more precise data on this matter.

It's about easily digestible sound bites. If you start putting too many qualifications on data you start sounding like a big pharmacy commercial. This pill will fix your problem...possible side effects include erectile dysfunction, leaking anus, bleeding from your nipples, exploding liver, spontaneous combustion and possible death. I hope eliminating your cough-due-to-cold was worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So your exception to the rule was the guy who is/was already the highest paid coach in college football. Great job! :good!:

Chris Petersen at Boise for a long time.
Bronco Mendenhall at BYU.
Troy Calhoun at Air Force.
Frank Beamer at VT (think 90s early 2000s)
Mike Leach at Texas Tech (ouch... this one went the other way)
Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern

Just a few.

VN Store

Back