Danielson "Butch Jones will have them ready"

ESPN Radio is saying Butch will leave after this year to take the Michigan job next year. The powers at Tennessee better pay him his worth now with a raise and a couple of more years to his contract. I personally don't think he would leave with all the hard work he has put in to rebuild this team BRICK by BRICK.

CBJ has said in multiple interviews that this is where he wants to be at a Storied Football School in the SEC. He mentioned how almost the entire staff bought houses this time because they don't plan on moving anymore. I won't rule out UM because money talks but I don't think he will bolt.

My guess is nick satan and muschump are stoking the rumors to drive away recruits.

UM will probably go after an OC (AUB/OR) or DC (Kirby Smart) or even make a run for Sumlin first.

I just don't think their recruits have panned out. Rich Rod and Hoke have been recruiting for different offensive and defensive philosophies and now they have a mix of players that aren't working out.

Personally, the only way I can see them approach Butch is if we see a dramatic turn around. If we just win 6-7 games like everyone seems to expect, then that's not enough for the Michigan AD to throw big money him.

All CBJ and staff have done thus far is pull in one stellar recruiting class and working on another. He and his staff haven't made the sort of impact on a program that makes other major programs want them.

Reactions: 1 person
It's really hard for me to believe Butch would leave UT for Michigan. I know he's from Michigan, but it's not like he graduated from UM or coached there (ala Kiffin).

I see UM going after a successful coach at the mid major level or someone with ties to the program.

Harbaugh

I think the actual story has been misquoted some.

About 2006 I heard that since 1926 (the General's first year) to that date, Tennessee was the winningest program in college football.

I believe that is true if you adjust for Bamas vacated wins. Otherwise UT was second with 630 wins to Bama's 636.

Anyway, from there I think it got shortened to "UT is the winningest program of all time."

It depends on whether you define "winningest program" by total wins or by highest winning percentage. From 1926-2001, we had the highest winning percentage in the country (.73305) and were 2nd in total wins (589) to Alabama, which had 592 (I-A Winning Percentage 1926-2001). From 1926-2006, we were 2nd in winning percentage (.72835), trailing only Ohio State (.73855) and 1st in total wins (631). After vacating 16 wins for 2005-2006, Alabama was credited with 612 wins for this period (I-A Winning Percentage 1926-2006). (Note: Alabama was also forced to vacate five wins for the 2007 season.) Therefore, Alabama had 628 onfield wins from 1926-2006.

I believe that even Butch has cited this stat and the guys in the Sports Information Department really need to provide him more precise data on this matter.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it. UT had UGA beat last year and allowed them to drive down the field and score a TD to tie the game.

And UT had its best shot in a long time last season against UF when they brought in a QB that hadn't taken a snap.

That QB who hadn't taken a snap and gave us fits? He transferred to Boston College and just upset #10 USC.

I just do not need to hear these rumors. My stomach has finally begun to settle down from the Hamilton, Kiffin, Dooley debacles. I hope this is just a rumor. Coach Jones needs to dispel this rumor ASAP, if it is a rumor. Nothing good can come from it for us. With us not playing this week, reading remarks of people taking shots at UT's program and this rumor is starting to get the stomach rolling again.

It's really hard for me to believe Butch would leave UT for Michigan. I know he's from Michigan, but it's not like he graduated from UM or coached there (ala Kiffin).

I see UM going after a successful coach at the mid major level or someone with ties to the program.

You mean like Brady Hoke?

Reactions: 1 person
That QB who hadn't taken a snap and gave us fits? He transferred to Boston College and just upset #10 USC.

Good for him, but when he came in the UT/UF game last season he hadn't taken a snap. And the week prior UT faced the best DT QB in the country. Should have been fairly easy if the D learned anything against Oregon.

Being that you're on the Internet I'm sure you know how to use a search engine...or are you just that lazy? Here's a snippet, you can find more:

UC extended Jones’ contract through 2017 at the end of last season after he reportedly turned down overtures from Illinois, North Carolina and UCLA. His new contract increased his guaranteed annual compensation from $1.1 million to $1.575 million, with annual increases through 2017 when he would be paid $2.05 million in the final year of his contract. The contract includes a $1.4-million buyout if he leaves UC before Jan. 1, 2013.

“I think I’ve proven that I want to be here,” Jones said last year after he agreed to the new contract. “This is a very special place. We’re building something really special here. I ask our players to make a commitment and I need to make a commitment back.”

Ohh. Snap

VN Store

Back