Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

Empty claims and denial is cheap. You have offered no basis for your claim. In fact, there is none.

Referring to "People close to the program' is pure BS - and you know it.
Yeah... you have proven that you have more credibility than those Jones actually lets close to practices. Right.....

No. It isn't "BS". It was reporters and alumni that had access to practices and Jones.

I studied a couple hours of passing drills summer training camp videos. I also read the endless commentaries that consistently speak about Peterman's solid performances vs the poor performances of Dobbs and varied performance of Worley. You could too.
I have and did.... and I understood the context of them.

Then there's STILL the fact that Peterman has melted down in his two live game opportunities. In spite of not being ready whatsoever when he was forced into duty last fall... Dobbs didn't panic. He made mistakes but didn't lose his head.

I'm not sure what your stake in all of this is (related to Nate? Friend?)... but I have none. I like both of them as Vols and am impressed by them as people. I DO NOT CARE who plays.

Are you seriously denying that Peterman beat Dobbs in the Summer competition to take the #2 spot?
I am seriously denying that neither you nor I saw enough of any practice except for the O&W game to draw any conclusion at all. Those who did... are the ones that suggested that Dobbs would get a RS by design.

Explain how you know that Peterman panics?
I've seen it both times he entered competitive games. You could too if you didn't have that bias.
Upon how much playing time are you basing your assessment?
ALL of his live, real game action to date... which is far more than you are citing in a vain effort to support a biased conclusion.
How much playing time does a 4 star QB deserve before a reasonable person can gauge their potential?

Just more questions to dodge.
It doesn't really matter if a guy is a 5* or walk on. If they can't hold it together under pressure then they aren't going to get the job done. You are the one that is very obviously dodging the fact that Nate has melted in his two real game opportunities. In those games, he is a combined 8 of 20 for 25 yds, two INT's, and no TD's.

He seems like a top character young guy who works as hard as anyone... He has just folded when the lights come on.

Dobbs otoh seems to be a gamer. Reports all spring were that he and Nate had fallen way behind. Nate had a nice spring game but Dobbs shook the QB competition up with his performance.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see what Dobbs has that Peterman doesn't...

"Dobbs tries to run right, spins and is chased left..aannnnnnddddd SACKED for a loss... 5 yard loss and ... bam a has it!, bam a grabbed it right out of his hands when he was getting hit and running 35 yards for a touchdown. 6 points bam a, and ...oh looks like Dobbs broke 3 ribs in the process. OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOESSSSSS". SMH

He's a better runner but the one thing that stands out between them is that Dobbs has demonstrated that he handles pressure much better than Peterman.

Reactions: 3 people
Not at all what that means. Means Dobbs needs reps because he is one play away from playing if Peterman goes down. I guarantee if they thought Dobbs was ahead of Nate they wouldn't be redshirting him. Doubt Dobbs is here that extra yr anyway because of his degree and doubt he is any kind of NFL prospect. Dobbs is and has been way behind the other 2. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Yeah... and I'm still waiting on Lane to start over Poole... or anyone else. Your expert opinion is overwhelming.

I don't see what Dobbs has that Peterman doesn't...

"Dobbs tries to run right, spins and is chased left..aannnnnnddddd SACKED for a loss... 5 yard loss and ... bam a has it!, bam a grabbed it right out of his hands when he was getting hit and running 35 yards for a touchdown. 6 points bam a, and ...oh looks like Dobbs broke 3 ribs in the process. OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOESSSSSS". SMH

So you use a hypothetical situation to justify why you believe Dobbs is a bad QB?

It takes no conspiracy theory btw to understand why they would want to RS Dobbs. Worley won the starting job. Peterman has already RS'd. Unless you need Dobbs to start... there's no reason not to RS him and preserve a year of eligibility while he continues to develop.

Far from being a conspiracy theory... this is done ALL THE TIME across the CFB map.

Reactions: 5 people
It takes no conspiracy theory btw to understand why they would want to RS Dobbs. Worley won the starting job. Peterman has already RS'd. Unless you need Dobbs to start... there's no reason not to RS him and preserve a year of eligibility while he continues to develop.

Far from being a conspiracy theory... this is done ALL THE TIME across the CFB map.

Makes too much sense...gotta be a conspiracy!!! :scare:

Here, I'll give it a go:

"Peterman takes the snap, already looks like he has no idea what to do, and throws the ball straight to a Bama defender. Pick six Bama."- Bob Kesling

"Think he broke something Bob....he's walking funny...................er" -Tim Priest

What if this was the plan all along? What if Butch and Jake told Dobbs, you go lift weights and watch film. Watch every Bama game film you can find. Watch the highschool recruiting films of the defensive 2 deep and memorize all their tendencies. What if they told him "take the first half of the season and get ready, we're going to make you a legend."

I mean since we're all guessing, I prefer to guess big.

Awesome post!

What if this was the plan all along? What if Butch and Jake told Dobbs, you go lift weights and watch film. Watch every Bama game film you can find. Watch the highschool recruiting films of the defensive 2 deep and memorize all their tendencies. What if they told him "take the first half of the season and get ready, we're going to make you a legend."

I mean since we're all guessing, I prefer to guess big.

And Dobbs says...

91460-Im-your-huckleberry-gif-Val-Ki-nbul.gif

Yeah... you have proven that you have more credibility than those Jones actually lets close to practices. Right.....

Fact is, there is nobody 'close to the program' saying Dobbs was red-shirted You are parroting BS stories some bonehead told you. Some of you refuse to admit the fact that Peterman whipped Dobbs badly in the summer camp competitions to take over #2, but facts matter. That's exactly what happened. There is no serious debate about that fact.

Reasonable people know better than to dismiss an inexperienced four star QB based on 38 minutes of playing time against top notch defenses - including 15 minutes with a broken hand. Other people form superficial surface impressions and never think any deeper.

He's a better runner but the one thing that stands out between them is that Dobbs has demonstrated that he handles pressure much better than Peterman.

Why do you think Dobbs is a better runner?
I bet I know why. LOL

Actually, Peterman is quite fast, has powerful legs, known to be a runner in HS and has shown some of that here. That's one reason why Jones recruited him for this offense at Cinci.

Dobbs ran some last year, so he's OK. He runs awkwardly, but he did fine.

Fact is, not one of you can provide any credible basis for that lame tale you anti-Peterman people swap among each other. You simply wan't to ignore the fact that Peterman beat Dobbs badly to take over #2, so you tell tales to each other about some red-shirt master scheme that has no basis in reality. Reality matters.

Dobbs' family asked for a rs year this year as last year was too much to handle. Think about when you were 18 and in college. Freshmen aren't supposed to play qb in the SEC, much less for a new system with no upperclassmen familiar with it to help, with a new playbook, New coaching techniques for footwork etc, and have the studying that his studies require.
It was too much, and none of us here could've handled even a portion of it.
Damn the internet sure has made people completely lose perspective too damn often.

Reactions: 2 people
Fact is, not one of you can provide any credible basis for that lame tale you anti-Peterman people swap among each other. You simply wan't to ignore the fact that Peterman beat Dobbs badly to take over #2, so you tell tales to each other about some red-shirt master scheme that has no basis in reality. Reality matters.

Pretty sure butch said in a press conference a couple of weeks ago they were trying to rs dobbs if at all possible

We probably noticed that any garbage time was allotted to the QB who plays like garbage...conspiracies are so bacon.

If Worley is hurt I'd like to see both play early when it matters.

Just give me the best QB.
Whoever that is.

Dobbs' family asked for a rs year this year as last year was too much to handle. Think about when you were 18 and in college. Freshmen aren't supposed to play qb in the SEC, much less for a new system with no upperclassmen familiar with it to help, with a new playbook, New coaching techniques for footwork etc, and have the studying that his studies require.
It was too much, and none of us here could've handled even a portion of it.
Damn the internet sure has made people completely lose perspective too damn often.
And he did good.

The word fact is thrown around way too much on this board; especially by you. Please show me where anyone said Peterman blew away Dobbs in the QB competition.

Pretty sure butch said in a press conference a couple of weeks ago they were trying to rs dobbs if at all possible

John Brice @John_BriceVQ
Follow
. @UTCoachJones says we'll see how it goes (on redshirting @josh_dobbs1) but says in perfect world Dobbs would redshirt. #Vols
11:22 AM - 29 Sep 2014

"If you’re wondering why Vols sophomore quarterback Josh Dobbs didn’t come into the game against Georgia when Justin Worley was injured, it’s because Butch Jones hopes to redshirt him."

Vols Hope To Redshirt QB Josh Dobbs

John Brice @John_BriceVQ
Follow
. @UTCoachJones says we'll see how it goes (on redshirting @josh_dobbs1) but says in perfect world Dobbs would redshirt. #Vols
11:22 AM - 29 Sep 2014

"If you’re wondering why Vols sophomore quarterback Josh Dobbs didn’t come into the game against Georgia when Justin Worley was injured, it’s because Butch Jones hopes to redshirt him."

Vols Hope To Redshirt QB Josh Dobbs
Finally. And I was called an idiot because I believed this. Oops

VN Store

Back