Got No Problem (Josh Dobbs discussion merged)

So HERE's the million dollar question.....

Assuming Worley is healthy next week, do we have a qb controversy? Who starts??

What constitutes "healthy"? If it's the same definition as it's been all year? :unsure:...nah scratch that!...No controversy! Let Dobbs play!

Reactions: 1 person
I say he needs to stay in the rest of the season. No reason to forgo his redshirt for no other reason. He has 4 more games maybe 5 to get ready for next year.

The criticism is a legitimate point. If he had run the ball more it would have taken pressure off the line. Plus throwing INTs in tr endzone is inexcusable for a SR qb. And he is as bad as Matt Sims.

He's better than Simms and it isn't that close. He may not be great, but he's WAY better than Matt Simms.

...can SUCK IT!!!

kenny-power-suck-it-o.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Where has our coaches heads been this year. Dobbs give us at least a 80% better chance to win. Just think if Dobbs had taken the snaps from game 1. Does our coaches not recognize our best players?

Reactions: 3 people
My faith in Butch Jones has been reaffirmed after tonight. Tonight showed me why he wanted to redshirt Dobbs, he is our future. It would've been nice to be able to redshirt him but due to injuries his hand was forced, which is understandable. We have nothing but upside going forward with all the young talent currently on the roster and the recruits coming in to the program.

:rock:

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think you remember Simms. Worley beat USC and almost beat UGA twice. He's better. It's less of a compliment to Worley than an acknowledgement of just how bad Simms was.

If I remember correctly Simms had the same knack if throwing INTs in the endzone and/or redzone. Worley is tough. No doubt.

I don't think you remember Simms. Worley beat USC and almost beat UGA twice. He's better. It's less of a compliment to Worley than an acknowledgement of just how bad Simms was.
Worley is NOT better. Even with his A game, we'd have been lucky to get one score with Worley tonight. Dobbs is a gamer but more than anything, it shows just how dependent Bajakian's offense is on a mobile QB.

Dobbs looked a lot like he did in the Spring, and all the A-Holes that kept ragging on the kid, have a huge plate of crow to eat.

Reactions: 2 people
Simply put dobbs gives us the the best chance to make a bowl this year! If I see Worley on the field again this year it will be a sad day!

I have stated that I wanted Peterman to get a shot, but would be behind whichever QB was in. I now have to say that there is no longer any doubt who is the best QB for this offense. Dobbs played far better than i thought he would be able to and I truly believe that Nick Saban was actually a little nervous for quite some time tonight.

I'm officially sitting here with knife, fork, and spoon in hand eating my words. Dobbs was ready to play and played well. I am so pleasantly surprised. Great game Dobbs.

He is the spark we needed. I have said on previous posts that I didn't think he could pass. He proved me wrong on several occasions Tonite. He did throw high on a few occasions and threw behind on a sure td, but at least the defense honors him in the run game, thus making throwing lanes wide open. If he can settle down, we can score some points this year.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back