The Official Tennessee vs. #20 Missouri Game Thread, 7:30pm ET, ESPN

The offense works. Missouri has the best defense in the country.

How hard is that for you people to understand?

Telll that to Georgia who marched up the field on them. Tell that to Big 10 bottom feeder Indiana. And telll that to Arkansas who most likely march on them Friday and dash their division title hopes

We did not look ready to play. We were out coached and out played again by Missouri. Wait til next year 😭

Reactions: 2 people
So he could run across the line to 10 yards and have someone else kick it right to him then right? Since he's the kicker and all. Mind showing me the rule that says the kicker is allowed to be offsides?

No but the rule book says that a holder or the kickers plant foot can go offside.

So he could run across the line to 10 yards and have someone else kick it right to him then right? Since he's the kicker and all. Mind showing me the rule that says the kicker is allowed to be offsides?

technically he would not then be the kicker

On a side note, watching Sports Center and saw Oregon's coach having a great time during his post game press conference. I had forgotten what that looked like after a meaningful game. Would like to see that happen again for us.

Man, I'm just getting more angry the more I stay up. I think I'll just go to bed.

Have you read the thread? BTW, in your scenario, he wouldn't be the kicker now would he?

The offense works. Missouri has the best defense in the country.

How hard is that for you people to understand?

"You people". What does that mean, exactly? Do you mean winners? The shleprocks who've been hanging since the late 80s? Just curious.

Or is it the peeps that have gotten used to mediocity? Those that dont have to perform? Just get to a bowl game and call it a winning season? Those that have been fans since 2002 and beyond?

Just curious. Who is "you people"?

There was a time when mediocrity wasnt a choice. Golly...i miss those days, but it might be bcuz im old!?!

Been posted several times already. Go back a few pages. Or since you clearly have the internet, google it yourself.

And shut up.

Reactions: 3 people
... And it looks like our fake FG play is going to make the Sports Center top 10 plays. Of course, it will be followed by "but Tennessee still lost the game."

Dear lord, this sucks. Goodnight, Volnation. See you next week.

The kicker was offsides. His left foot crossed b4 he kicked.

Is this a joke or are you really that ignorant?

Every single kickoff in the history of american football the kickers plant foot crosses the line before he kicks it. Its understood, and NOT a penalty.

FYI CBJ did not own it in his post game..... talked about 2 turnovers and execution - also added they will continue to recuit.... interesting so its the players - no fault on the coaching staff because their supposed system works..

So? You're going to continue your negative trash win or lose. UT wins you complain. UT loses and you complain. You're like an old hag who's only joy in life is to complain about everything.

Reactions: 2 people
Well then I was wrong. The commentator said the kicker was offsides at one point and he was the only player who crossed b4 it was kicked. So I don't know how it was offsieds if it wasn't on him. My appologies for any confusion.

FYI CBJ did not own it in his post game..... talked about 2 turnovers and execution - also added they will continue to recuit.... interesting so its the players - no fault on the coaching staff because their supposed system works..
When Dooley didn't own it, everybody said that he threw the players under the bus.

Reactions: 1 person
Well then I was wrong. The commentator said the kicker was offsides at one point and he was the only player who crossed b4 it was kicked. So I don't know how it was offsieds if it wasn't on him. My appologies for any confusion.

Its ok should have never been in that situation. Like i said earlier 3 things bad clock management, bad play calling and distractions.

Same crap as last year. Bajakian's offense only looks good against pushovers and poor defenses. Any time we play a good defense we can't move the ball at all - last year as well as this year. But then again, this is not a surprise given his offense is built to handle big east pushovers, not athletic SEC defenses.
Butch also needs to learn clock management - end of half not using them to give extra 2 minutes to offense, and also wasting timeout on dumb challenge at end of game).

Been posted several times already. Go back a few pages. Or since you clearly have the internet, google it yourself.

And shut up.

Well no reason to be a jerk. I was clearly wrong and I appologize. I just heard the commentator say the kicker was offsides so I assumed he knew what he was taking about bc there was clearly no one else offsides. Again my mistake. Sorry for arguing when I was wrong. Shouldn't have assumed the guy was correct.

Reactions: 1 person
if the helmet is across the line of scrimmage then he is offside - or an arm or other part of the body

I am commenting on the first frame after the kick has left the tee, and you cannot tell for certain whether or not he is leaning across the line. It's that close. And, again, this was after the ball was away.

Same crap as last year. Bajakian's offense only looks good against pushovers and poor defenses. Any time we play a good defense we can't move the ball at all - last year as well as this year. But then again, this is not a surprise given his offense is built to handle big east pushovers, not athletic SEC defenses.
Butch also needs to learn clock management - end of half not using them to give extra 2 minutes to offense, and also wasting timeout on dumb challenge at end of game).

So, by your logic, when we can put an SEC oline on the field his offense should work just as well as it does now against poor defenses

I believe that the kicker is the person who actually kicks the ball, not the guy who calls himself the kicker.

Which line judge threw it? Neither ref on the Mizzou sideline threw it. And the ref who made the recovery call didnt throw it either.

From what I saw after the dust settled, the flag was thrown from BEHIND the line of scrimmage. Somehow that ref could see 90 degrees off the line that a hand may or may not have crossed the line. Miraculous.

VN Store

Back