The Official Tennessee vs. #20 Missouri Game Thread, 7:30pm ET, ESPN

and I bet these same mutts are headed to Nashville next Sat.

That would be our luck. They screw us in the Florida game and then again tonight with the onside kick.

For a conference as good as the SEC we sure have some sorry zebras.

Ok there was no offside.

We should have never beeb in that position in the 1st place.

We looked distracted all night, play calling was horrible, and a very bad use of clock management.

Defense tried to keep us in it but just wore down.

Thats another we should of won, if we played like we did last week but woulda, coulda, shoulda. Its is what it is move on and get ready for Vandy.

Tonight's close loss just shines even more light on exactly how bad that earlier loss to Florida was. Had we not failed miserably in that game, we're in a better place mentally tonight after losing a hard fought game to a good Missouri team. However, as things stand, we're right where we were last season: having to beat Vandy to go bowling. Not a good place to be. It isn't right. Not for Tennessee.

This team fights hard. They are more athletic. However, we still have a loooooong way to go. It's just darn depressing to still be looking up from inside a hole after these last several years. The damage that Derek Dooley did during his tenure is beyond description. Coach Jones didn't get it done tonight. Bad management of time at the end (the worst scenario). However, I like the fake FG call earlier. Just wish he hadn't fallen apart in the 4th qtr.

Oh well, on to Vandy.

I'm not sure our O line issues can be fixed by next year either. We put more freshman on the line and what are we expecting? That is a tough issue to solve, so maybe some JC guys can plug the holes there or maybe we get some of the defensive recruits to switch.

Reactions: 1 person
FYI CBJ did not own it in his post game..... talked about 2 turnovers and execution - also added they will continue to recuit.... interesting so its the players - no fault on the coaching staff because their supposed system works..

Amazing. The whole "we are cursed" bit is pathetic. Missouri missed TWO EXTRA POINTS that even gave us a chance. Most people would say, "damn, that's a lucky break, let's go fellas!" Not our idiot fans.

Don't think the refs cost us the game. The ultra conservative dink and dunk play calling did that for us. However, the horrible call definitely made sure we wouldn't have a SC type come back.

FYI CBJ did not own it in his post game..... talked about 2 turnovers and execution - also added they will continue to recuit.... interesting so its the players - no fault on the coaching staff because their supposed system works..

The offense works. Missouri has the best defense in the country.

How hard is that for you people to understand?

O line and DBs must be upgraded or we are in the same boat next year as we are this year. Period. We have a better line or secondary and we win one or two more this year... nevermind having Dobbs the whole season. Its really sad that it is that simple.

We are reduced to the fact that we were 12 points away from an east title. Sad state of the program that we can take a morale view this way. Better times are ahead! I hope!

Short handed hurt. Malone drop for an interception was the backbreaker. I believe! But our OC was bad tonight and Butch's use of time outs was bad. This has been an very disruptive week. Remember our offensive and defensive field generals were out. The one thing I do know is there is no quit in this team and the offsides was bs.

I did frame-by-frame through the kick. When the ball leaves the tee, everyone still looks onsides. One guy might be leaning across the 35, but that's it. His feet are onsides.

if the helmet is across the line of scrimmage then he is offside - or an arm or other part of the body

Which line judge threw it? Neither ref on the Mizzou sideline threw it. And the ref who made the recovery call didnt throw it either.

it came in from the bottom of the tv screen - the flag came in before the mizzou touch occurred.

there was a player with his hand across the line at the bottom side of the screen

So he could run across the line to 10 yards and have someone else kick it right to him then right? Since he's the kicker and all. Mind showing me the rule that says the kicker is allowed to be offsides?

It's been posted a million times in this thread.

O line and DBs must be upgraded or we are in the same boat next year as we are this year. Period. We have a better line or secondary and we win one or two more this year... nevermind having Dobbs the whole season. Its really sad that it is that simple.

Agree but both WILL be better. Every aspect of our team has improved over last year except for o-line. Secondary is a push IMO.

We are getting better for sure, but a team can only be as strong as its weakest link... and our o-line and secondary are still fairly weak.

So he could run across the line to 10 yards and have someone else kick it right to him then right? Since he's the kicker and all. Mind showing me the rule that says the kicker is allowed to be offsides?

B3GVwOTIUAA8nF3.jpg

VN Store

Back