Tyndall Investigation Update from TOS

Bobby Hurley come on down. Name recognition. And while most of us believe every program cheats to some degree. Duke has done it seemingly cleaner than other elites. Also Bobbys DAD was a legendary coach (I know Dooleys was too) However Bobby has done it at a place almost impossible to win.

You saying Coach K runs a clean program is the most comical thing I've heard all month.

Reactions: 9 people
The team played hard for him but if he can't recruit, he can't compete. Why would a decent recruit want to walk into this mess? The biggest weapon the NCAA has is just to drag their feet until the talent level at a school is so low that it will take years to rebuild.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless they are waiting for specific information from the NCAA, why haven't they started negotiations to buy him out? I know a termination for-cause would save them alot of money, but a summer termination would be a disaster. You couldn't find a coach right before the season.

That makes me think they are willing to ride it out and think that a suspension will be in order. Donnie's a good coach. IMO, anything less than a season's suspension, and I think you go with him.

Reactions: 3 people
I suppose this is an example of what can happen when you do your own search & make a hire. Looking more and more like it's time to move on...

Go ahead and suspend him for the first few games and let's call it quits,we shouldn't HAVE to fire him so why do it?

Reactions: 4 people
It's not like we are an SEC powerhouse or even a NCAA quality team. If CDT casts a "black cloud," then lets move on from him and truly be willing to pay top $$$ and get the right man to Rocky Top. According to an earlier thread, we are #13 in attendance this year. I imagine we are NO WHERE near spending the 13 most $$$ on a coach.

Reactions: 1 person
What the heck does this mean? Softening the schedule for an interim coach to have a better chance of getting some non-conference wins? :

We're told the Vols are organizing and perhaps even reshuffling some elements of their basketball calendar for 2015-16 while awaiting this process.

It's not like we are an SEC powerhouse or even a NCAA quality team. If CDT casts a "black cloud," then lets move on from him and truly be willing to pay top $$$ and get the right man to Rocky Top. According to an earlier thread, we are #13 in attendance this year. I imagine we are NO WHERE near spending the 13 most $$$ on a coach.

Our history suggests that we won't do it. Plus, guys are not as willing to leave these days. We won't get a coach at a current power 5 conference or someone like Smart, who is well paid at a "mid major." My philosophy is if you think you have a good coach, then try to make it work. A new hire isn't guaranteed to be a good hire.

Probably time to let him go. Tennessee can't wait till June. It will kill recruiting for the next two years.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back