Tyndall Investigation Update from TOS

Good grief folks. It's been obvious for months now that the best case scenario was a suspension was coming. CDT has admitted privately to many people this was the case

Nothing has changed. Very very good sign(if you want CDT to survive) that he hasn't already been let go.

If hart believed more than a suspension was coming he would already been gone IMO.

Edit: another very good sign in what Lewis said.

They are changing their schedule to combat a suspension. Very good news

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
I hope the NCAA doesnt take it out on the team and impose post season bans and scholarship reductions.

Reactions: 1 person
It sucks to know we won't fire him until this letter comes out; because if we do fire him we'll have to pay the 3m buyout.

Last edited:
IF the UTAD is softening the schedule they are planning for a suspension, or, doing it knowing that recruiting will be poor with CDT still dangling on the NCAA string. The NCAA cannot penalize UT in any way for what CDT did at USM except to delay the process and ultimately suspend or show cause him. UT probably cannot cut ties without paying the buy out until something definitive happens with the NCAA - which will be late summer if CDT gets the notice of allegation soon because he has the ability to appeal it.

You guys are funny. To this point CDT is the coach and hasn't been fired. Recruiting takes a small hit but Tyndalls above average coaching and good evils of players will balance out until this nonsense is over. We have Owens, McGhee, Carmichael and Hubbs coming back. Next year year we will have one the most experienced teams in the SEC.Relax. Mice who jump ship shouldn't be on it.

Reactions: 6 people
You guys are funny. To this point CDT is the coach and hasn't been fired. Recruiting takes a small hit but Tyndalls above average coaching and good evils of players will balance out until this nonsense is over. We have Owens, McGhee, Carmichael and Hubbs coming back. Next year year we will have one the most experienced teams in the SEC.Relax. Mice who jump ship shouldn't be on it.

Even though you might have a chance to upgrade?

Unless they are waiting for specific information from the NCAA, why haven't they started negotiations to buy him out? I know a termination for-cause would save them alot of money, but a summer termination would be a disaster. You couldn't find a coach right before the season.

That makes me think they are willing to ride it out and think that a suspension will be in order. Donnie's a good coach. IMO, anything less than a season's suspension, and I think you go with him.

Boeheim gets 9 games for ten years of rules violations. The AA may not have a history of consistency but I don't see T getting close to that. 3-5 games does not destroy the program or recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
Does this mean opposing 3 point shooters will not be wide open next year?

Yep. We will cover up 3-pt shooters and instead allow our 6-4 post player, and our two rail thin, physically weak true freshman post player to guard opposing post players 1-on-1. Giving up bunnies at the rim is a much more effective defensive strategy than forcing opposition to shoots long range jumpers. Brilliant.

Reactions: 4 people
The team played hard for him but if he can't recruit, he can't compete. Why would a decent recruit want to walk into this mess? The biggest weapon the NCAA has is just to drag their feet until the talent level at a school is so low that it will take years to rebuild.

Love Tyndall, but I agree with this.

How do you double a guys salary to 1.8m or so n not do a background check on his asst coaches n the players he has recruited n school work n play..

Hart made us look stupid n his football search n bb hire n now this..but he knows what he is doing.. This is the ad fault for us to even be in this situation..

But now that he is wearing orange he does no wrong n let's keep him regardless..

If dude is guilty both hart and CDT need to go

Reactions: 2 people
Small chance we upgrade from Tyndall. Most likely scenario is that Hart swings hard in the opposite direction and hires a squeaky clean coach with a mediocre record at a mid-major who will suck at recruiting and we'll be looking for another coach in 3-4 years.

Reactions: 3 people
Boeheim gets 9 games for ten years of rules violations. The AA may not have a history of consistency but I don't see T getting close to that. 3-5 games does not destroy the program or recruiting.

The 9 games is the least concerning part of the punishment

VN Store

Back