Albert Haynesworth to work with DLine?

Simmer down there Princess. He didn't beat anybody with it did he? I doubt that anybody could have taken it away from him... he's Albert Haynesworth with a lead pipe. It was all for show.

I'll take my crown. You don't bring a weapon unless you'd use it.

Reactions: 3 people
It would be nice to have Big John Henderson drop by for a week or 4 during the summer to work with these kids.

I have no problem if Big Al stops by to work with our kids as long as he teaches them the right things and to avoid to dumb, childish mistakes that he made.

As to him raking in the huge NFL $$$, good for him.

Redskins owner, Snyder, is a total moron and has way overpaid many players but to pay Haynesworth that much $$$ and then make him a 3-4 nose tackle was totally ignorant.

Everyone in the NFL knew that Big Al was a 4-3 DT and would never have the temperament or the give it all attitude every play to be a Nose.

Snyder got played by many players and the idiot still is today, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Maybe he can show them how to stomp an opponent's helmet less face in with his cleat

There is a lot of negativity on here for Haynesworth and for the Andre Gurode incident and his showing up for camp with the Redskins out of shape after cashing a $20 million check it's justified. Just remember that in '07 and '08 he was without a doubt one of the top 3 DT's in the NFL. He should never have left the Titans for the Redskins but he claims he was lied to and lead to believe they would still be playing a 4-3...and the Titans were not willing to make a competitive offer to keep him. As for the Will Ofenheusle matter, I don't defend him returning to practice with a pipe but I can understand being furious with a teammate over being chop blocked in practice. I think the narrative of Haynesworth as a lazy underachiever is too simplistic. JMO.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a lot of negativity on here for Haynesworth and for the Andre Gurode incident and his showing up for camp with the Redskins out of shape after cashing a $20 million check it's justified. Just remember that in '07 and '08 he was without a doubt one of the top 3 DT's in the NFL. He should never have left the Titans for the Redskins but he claims he was lied to and lead to believe they would still be playing a 4-3...and the Titans were not willing to make a competitive offer to keep him. As for the Will Ofenheusle matter, I don't defend him returning to practice with a pipe but I can understand being furious with a teammate over being chop blocked in practice. I think the narrative of Haynesworth as a lazy underachiever is too simplistic. JMO.

Everybody on this board would have signed that contract by the Redskins

The face stomping incident was a result of the other player going after Albert's knees. I didn't realize the chop block at practice was what caused the pipe welding. Only thing i can say to those that are critical of him is, what do you do when someone threatens to hurt or injure you? He fought back and got a lot of grief for it. Maybe he could have done it differently, but what he did got results. I have do not have a problem with him helping the DL. They should be able to learn a lot from him. He was one of the best.

Yeah he made some mistakes...but he gave his all for Tennessee!:rock:

Made me spit coffee up my nose thanks. Haynesworth laid around for two years. Zero starts only a hand full of tackles. Then he did what he does best played hard for a few games to get an NfL contract. Barnett had more tackles more tackles for loss and more starts as a true Freshman then Haynesworth had in his college career. It helps that Barnett is DE instead of tackle but you get the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You must not know Haynesworth. Do some research and tell me how cool he is.

I have read of folks having some unpleasant encounters with him. However, my son, who is a freshman at UTK met him in Knoxville last week and said he couldn't have been nicer. They had a nice chat, shook hands, and Albert posed for a picture with him. Maybe he caught him on a good day. LOL

Last edited:
I have read of folks having some unpleasant encounters with him. However,my son, who is a freshman at UTK met him in Knoxville last week and said he couldn't have been nicer. They had a nice chat, shook hands, and Albert posed for a picture with him. Maybe he caught him on a good day. LOL

Maybe he is a nice guy in general but he certainly isnt the kind of role model we need working with the Dline. Just my opinion.

Maybe he is a nice guy in general but he certainly isnt the kind of role model we need working with the Dline. Just my opinion.

I can understand why you would say that. If it's true, let's hope he wants a chance to make a positive impact...and that he will. I'm glad he was nice to my son. It would have crushed him if AH had been rude. And then you would probably see me on the Knoxville news. 😉😁

AH was better than most DT's we have had here. He darn sure was lazy at times, but when he wanted to be, well he could be dominating. AH made it to the pro's and stayed for awhile so he knows a few things about DT. IF HE WILL COME IN AND PUSH THE GOOD POINTS and not show laziness to our Dline I am all for him coming in and helping. JMO I agree with I would like JH to come by for a week or four as well.

My biggest problem with him dates back to his days in orange when he would loaf and take plays off. Could have been the best tackle to ever play at UT if it weren't for those few lazy plays per series.

Better than the great Reggie White? Of course not....

The Titans did make a competitive offer, it just didn't look as pretty. The Redskins' offer was back loaded, money the players know they will never touch. Titans signing bonus was about 2-3 million less, and the contracts were very similar through the first 4 years (most players are cut or restructure the 5th year and on in their contracts).

He signed autographs for both my boys and seemed pleasant when we met him Friday night at his burger joint.

But the difference is that most would have busted their azz everyday and played whatever position they said to play.

Look... he may be a great guy now but he was a low character athlete plain and simple.

Fulmer once kicked Haynesworth out of practice for fighting with Will Ofenheusle. Haynesworth returned to practice later carrying a steel pipe or pole of some sort looking for Ofenheusle.

I know Will personally. Genuinely a great guy and good man. Will was a hell of an OLineman. it's just hard for me to see Will and Albert having beef with each other

VN Store

Back